Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I hate being forced to run dailies or 5 mans if I want to keep being competitive gear wise in raids.

I was considering quitting until it was announced that gear upgrades were out, now I'm considering quitting again.
    Do LFR and if you don't want to do LFR for the newer raids due to not wanting to do the same bosses again, T14 offers 450vp for doing all the raids. You never mentioned scenarios, that is 40 right there, so that is 490 vp. You talk about raiding so I have no idea how good your guild is, but lets say you took 7 current tier bosses down that is 175vp and you are 625vp. If your guild still does MSV that is even more vp. If they don't, you have a choice, run LFR and scenarios over and over again since you don't like 5mans or dailies or do some 5 mans and dailies. You don't need to do 5ms and dailies every single day to cap. You can switch it up one day dailies, one day a 5m instance. Is it that PAINFUL that HORRIBLE to do a 3-4 5m dungeons a week and on other days do dailies?

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW CCG Game?

As in World of Warcraft Card Card Game Game?

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Upgrades were removed because people had to make difficult decisions?! Oh the humanity!
    Item pimpage = new disguise of the stacking raid debuff.
    Obv. they don't want that to be in right away.

Will be interesting to see how the new numbers feel.

WoW CCG Game?
    Cyber Card Game maybe?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-03-23 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I hate being forced to run dailies or 5 mans if I want to keep being competitive gear wise in raids.

I was considering quitting until it was announced that gear upgrades were out, now I'm considering quitting again.
    "Forced" to earn VP by doing raids so you can keep you gear competitive for doing. ahem,raids. You're right that you should quit if you feel forced doing the content that you would be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    "Forced" to earn VP by doing raids so you can keep you gear competitive for doing. ahem,raids. You're right that you should quit if you feel forced doing the content that you would be doing.
    If you capped from raiding it wouldnt be an issue, but you dont even get halfway to cap right now. Its a terrible system that forces you to do dungeons/lfr/dailies to cap. They need to make it so you cap valor for clearing the current raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    If you capped from raiding it wouldnt be an issue, but you dont even get halfway to cap right now. Its a terrible system that forces you to do dungeons/lfr/dailies to cap. They need to make it so you cap valor for clearing the current raid.
    You can almost half your cap by doing last tier's LFR. I'm not suggesting that it's an ideal solution, but for someone who likes raiding to moan about being forced to do dungeons and dailys it strikes me as disingenuous that it wouldn't at least explore these options before the dreaded daily quest options. Challenge dungeons with a few guildies earn quite a good rate of VP, and okay so they are still technically dungeons but at least they are with guildies instead of randoms. of all things to complain about in this xpac, and there are a few, VP acquisition is not one of them in my book. The whole upgrade thing as a concept, now that's a different matter but enough people seem to like it for Blizzard to bring it back so meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can almost half your cap by doing last tier's LFR. I'm not suggesting that it's an ideal solution, but for someone who likes raiding to moan about being forced to do dungeons and dailys it strikes me as disingenuous that it wouldn't at least explore these options before the dreaded daily quest options. Challenge dungeons with a few guildies earn quite a good rate of VP, and okay so they are still technically dungeons but at least they are with guildies instead of randoms. of all things to complain about in this xpac, and there are a few, VP acquisition is not one of them in my book. The whole upgrade thing as a concept, now that's a different matter but enough people seem to like it for Blizzard to bring it back so meh.
    Easiest version:

Raid
    Faceroll a normal 5man for 80VP/day
    Do dailies for your charms.

Depending on progress you might need a few additional points, I recommend Mogu shan LFR. These are relatively quick and worry free.

I like raiding current content. I dont like doing things ive already done just for valor. I shouldnt have to go back and do old content to stay competitive in current content.

Early April Fools ?

does anyone know what is meant by Retroactive?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it means to all the stuff that was upgradeable before,so anything that could be upgraded in previous patches will be able to be so this patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm never going to see a guild where I can actually get an item that's BiS,....LOL what the fuck are they talking about.

Glad to see the upgrade system won't return to PvP. Happy to see it return to PvE.
    Last edited by Sugarpixie; 2013-03-26 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    Can't wait

I like these price way better.

Deleted
    I think it's a great addition for pve (and it was retarded for pvp:P). My only real worry that remains regarding the upgrade system is that the (upgraded) items from the previous patch potentially remains BiS, yet can't be gotten anymore, once the next content patch hits (e.g. some 2/2 sets and trinkets from t14) if it's removed. Hopefully blizzard keeps this in mind for 5.4, possibly by allowing the previous tiers items to remain upgradable?

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of this change, it means we will have to get capped every week but not for the WHOLE tier, we will get done inside 2 months. Awesome change

I liked it better when the upgrade thing was removed. Yes my character is less powerful but man did it make loot easier to actually put on.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way the Faerie Fire dragon changes colour is just amazeballs. Seriously it's the best mount I've seen in a while! I hope it actually does it in-game and it's not just a preview.

I LOVE THAT DRAGON!! THAT should have been the 200 mount reward!!