Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Frost] My TellMeWhen Profile (for CD/proc management)

I've had a lot of in-game requests for my TellMeWhen profile, which has proven to be the ingredient that helps DPS more than any other factor I can think of. So I figured I'd do a little labeling of what I have and then throw my TMW profile up here. Feel free to ask any questions.

Download TellMeWhen, go to import, "from string" create profile, and paste all this garble:

Code:
    ^1^T^STextLayouts^T ^Sicon1^T ^N1^T ^t^N2^T ^t^t^t^SNumGroups^N2 ^SGroups^T ^N1^T ^SPoint^T ^Sy^F6122428456992435 ^f-48^Sx ^F-5452935972463845^f-45 ^t^SScale^F7115687067648001 ^f-52^SRows ^N5^SColumns ^N3^SIcons ^T^N1^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SSort^N-1 ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SAlter~`Time;~`Alter~`Time ^SCustomTex^S108978 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N2^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SInvoker's~`Energy;~`Incanter's~`Absorption;~`Rune~`of~`Power ^SCustomTex^S116257 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N3^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SSort^N-1 ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SJade~`Spirit ^SCustomTex^S104993 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N4^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SSort^N-1 ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SShowTimerText^B ^SCustomTex^S93435 ^SName^SRoar~`of~`Courage ^t^N5^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SSort^N-1 ^SType^Sbuff ^SInvertCBar^B ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SInner~`Brilliance ^SCustomTex^S126577 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N6^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SSort^N-1 ^SType^Sbuff ^SInvertCBar^B ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SWushoolay's~`Lightning ^SCustomTex^S138786 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N7^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SStormlash~`Totem;~`Stormlash~`Totem ^SCustomTex^S120676 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N8^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SSkull~`Banner ^SCustomTex^S114207 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N9^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^STricks~`of~`the~`Trade;~`Tricks~`of~`the~`Trade;~`Tricks~`of~`the~`Trade ^SCustomTex^S57934 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N10^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SName^SIce~`Floes ^SCustomTex^S108839 ^SEnabled^B ^SOnlyMine^B ^SShowTimerText^B ^t^N11^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SIcy~`Veins;~`Icy~`Veins ^SCustomTex^S131078 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N12^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^STime~`Lord ^SCustomTex^S138317 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N13^T ^SType^Sbuff ^SEnabled^B ^t^N14^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTimerText^B ^SName^STime~`Warp;~`Time~`Warp;~`Heroism;~`Ancient~`Hysteria ^SShowTTText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N15^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SPotion~`of~`the~`Jade~`Serpent ^SCustomTex^S105702 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^t^t^N2^T ^SPoint^T ^Sy^F5489649247184199 ^f-47^Sx ^F5042208212451872^f-45 ^t^SScale^F7115687067648001 ^f-52^SRows ^N4^SOnlyInCombat ^B^SEnabled ^B^SColumns ^N3^SIcons ^T^N1^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SBuffOrDebuff^SHARMFUL ^SUnit^Starget ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SNether~`Tempest ^SCustomTex^S114923 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N2^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SBuffOrDebuff^SHARMFUL ^SUnit^Starget;~`boss~`1 ^SType^Sbuff ^SName^SFrostbolt ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^SOnlyMine^B ^t^N3^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sicd ^SAlpha^N0.2 ^SName^SIcy~`Veins:~`1.5:00 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SShowWhen^N3 ^SCustomTex^S131078 ^SUnAlpha^N0.7 ^SEnabled^B ^t^N4^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sicd ^SAlpha^N0.2 ^SName^SInner~`Brilliance:~`45 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SShowWhen^N3 ^SCustomTex^S126577 ^SUnAlpha^N0.7 ^SEnabled^B ^t^N5^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Scooldown ^SAlpha^N0.2 ^SName^SMirror~`Image ^SShowWhen^N3 ^SUnAlpha^N0.7 ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTimerText^B ^t^N6^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Scooldown ^SAlpha^N0.2 ^SName^SCone~`of~`Cold ^SShowWhen^N3 ^SUnAlpha^N0.7 ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTimerText^B ^t^N7^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SBuffOrDebuff^SEITHER ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SImproved~`Synapses ^SCustomTex^S136182 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N8^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SBuffOrDebuff^SEITHER ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SFully~`Mutated;~`Fully~`Mutated ^SCustomTex^S140546 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N9^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SName^SPrimal~`Nutriment ^SCustomTex^S140741 ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTimerText^B ^t^N10^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SFluidity ^SCustomTex^S138002 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^N11^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SBuffOrDebuff^SEITHER ^SUnit^Starget ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTTText^B ^SName^SShell~`Concussion;~`Cracked~`Shell ^SCustomTex^S134092 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^t^t^t^t^SVersion^N61103 ^t^N61103^S~`~| ^Sprofile^SShadsUIv6.4 ^^

Awesome! I use weakauras but I've always wanted to try tell me when (they do the same thing, basically). Configuring them can be a pain and I normally don't have a lot of time to fiddle with UI outside of raiding due to real life. Thanks for the import string!

On a related note, have you gotten TMW to properly show when you might be getting stacks of ensnared on council? I have a 2 block TMW group just for Fluidity and Ensnared and neither are showing when I place them as debuffs with me as the target.

Other than that, I love TMW. Its a great mod with a lot of power, especially once you delve into the conditionals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    On a related note, have you gotten TMW to properly show when you might be getting stacks of ensnared on council? I have a 2 block TMW group just for Fluidity and Ensnared and neither are showing when I place them as debuffs with me as the target.

Other than that, I love TMW. Its a great mod with a lot of power, especially once you delve into the conditionals.
    Double check that you have target & "either" checked. Also make sure you don't check "only mine" on anything you set up for TMW.

My boss stuff is working fine, but I also have found that since I use ShadowMage's UI as the baseline for my entire UI I have a lot less problems than others are having with TMW. He is the God of everything UI.

I'll double check those settings. I use Shadowed Unit frames for everything else mainly, so it is probably just an incorrect setting on my part in TMW.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:01 PM ----------

I did indeed have "only mine" checked on them. I guess I'm used to doing it for debuffs in large groups so I'm not tracking anyone elses of the same type. We'll see if that fixes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was quite surprised when I watched your stream the other day and saw that you track nether tempest all the way down the bottom of your screen and yet you track your trinkets and other things all the way up where they are. You don't find it rather impractical?

I do like how you have a 10 second timer showing when frozen orb is out. That's probably the only thing I can't do with my UI.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I was quite surprised when I watched your stream the other day and saw that you track nether tempest all the way down the bottom of your screen and yet you track your trinkets and other things all the way up where they are. You don't find it rather impractical?

I do like how you have a 10 second timer showing when frozen orb is out. That's probably the only thing I can't do with my UI.
    Huh? Magebomb tracker is right above my character. I keep all important info around my character because it causes eye latency or panic to have to look all over one's screen.

I have the bar for NT down bottom but I don't really use that to be honest. I could disable it to tidy things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely missed it >.< I'm just used to my UI where I track everything with icons I guess.

A bit off topic but you take ages to hand out loot. Do you use dkp or something?
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I don't like tellmewhen much. I just use Mage nuggets and needtoknow and create my own cooldown bars/dot bars. You can also make them show ticks, making almost 100 percent uptime on netherbomb with 0 DPS loss way easier.

That said, if you are a Mage and don't do this, copy and paste whats above, it should help a lot.

i'm using TMW and it is great

I'm not entirely great at customizing TMW. How would I go about adding the Shado-Pan trinket, as well as a RPPM trinket?

You open the TMW settings, go to group, create new group, name it, select columns and rows, resize it, place it, etc.

Then you right click an empty group square, enable it, set the target to player, select buff from the drop down, then enter the buff name, press enter and okay.

The Shado-pan trinket procs Acceleration, so that's the buff name you will enter. It will show on the right. The name should suffice, but you can also use spellid.

Another example is the Breath of the Hydra which procs Breath of Many Minds, id: 138898.

I usually then tick the box that says "show timer". The actual numbers I don't think you can get natively with TMW, you need something like OmniCC or something like that, but the cooldown circle has always been enough for me.

I have a separate group below my character unit frame for my utility cooldowns, one above for spec specific cooldowns like Frozen orb, IV, etc. Then I have another one above my target frame for bombs applied to target, spec specific debuffs, one above my focus frame for tracking things like sheep time left, or spear stun, etc. Then I have a separate box that floats above and to the left of my character unit frame that I add things like Fluidity, Ensnared, etc for fight specific buffs/debuffs on my self. I think I need to add one to track wings on Ji-kun. Anyway, the final one is a procs/buff cluster that is like 4x4 that has everything that procs from my lightweave buff, to jade spirit, to trinkets, timewarp/bloodlust, etc.

All of this is anywhere from 5 degrees to 20 degrees down eye-level so I can readily see everything.

TMW Config open

TMW Active

Deleted
    you will have to up-date it with the new proc now that we have some to predict

- - - Updated - - -

and with a clickable image

10+ Year Old Account
    It's enough to get anyone started. I'll put a new string in there once I get trinkets next patch.

As for a clickable image, just right click and click on 'View image'

Deleted
    I'm using 2 addons :
    Raven for short buff (better than ElvUI default), a time-line for cooldown and missing buff. And as DOT tracker.
    TMW for specific monitoring.

Folks might also consider using Inline Aura for things that they keep on visible buttons; ILA handles a lot of spells out of the box (Time Warp, Alter Time 6-second countdown, Frostbolt debuff, NT/LB, potion duration). I also use it for Invocation tracking and Time Lord. A downside, however, is that other things like trinkets, Jade Spirit, Stormlash, and Skull Banner will still need something like TMW to track, so you would have two different mods to configure.

I think I'll be switching to Shadowmage UI. I have too much clutter and Shadowed UF is irritating me as of late.

Not to sound ungrateful but how come you decided to share this 1 week before 5.4? Are you planning to update it for 5.4 spell changes and encounters?

Although I maintain iFilger myself regarding code and updating spellIDs, I would love to make the jump to TellMeWhen but if you're not planning on updating your profile, I think I will skip this.

Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    Not to sound ungrateful but how come you decided to share this 1 week before 5.4? Are you planning to update it for 5.4 spell changes and encounters?

Although I maintain iFilger myself regarding code and updating spellIDs, I would love to make the jump to TellMeWhen but if you're not planning on updating your profile, I think I will skip this.

Thanks anyway!
    Look at the date, this thread was made ages ago
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.