Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So in your fantasy world everyone uses PvP even in random BGs or they have the current season gear before stepping foot into PvP?
    What on earth are you talking about? The entire point was that what will become baseline resilience in 5.3 was always easily obtainable. If you aren't using pvp gear while pvping you are doing it wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    hmm heroic scenarios? i might start to do them more often then lol
    I'm not looking forward to the QQ over heroic scenarios. People are going to be screaming for nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I really hope they implement a lot of quality of life changes in this patch, there's a lot of stuff players have asked for for years and are still waiting. Like a wardrobe to store transmog sets in (void storage just doesn't cut it) and something similar for Tabards.

I'm also praying for a account wide spell tab where you can learn on-use vanity items (like the Simian Sphere) and use it on any of your chars. Would free up a lot of bagspace and remove the whole having to equip a trinket for the effect.
    These would be fantastic changes but they're the sort of thing the developers never get around to. Once or twice a year there's a blue post saying 'that would be nice but it's not our top priority' which means no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    Heroic Scenarios.

Hmm, so they're moving away from 5 men, and think scenarios are possibly the future of small party content?
    Looks like it. And, it somehow also supports the ever growing request of having the need for tanks and healers removed, to lower the queue times for everyone.

I mean, Scenario queues are really almost instant, no matter how you queue. All in all, I still prefer to run them with a healer. Tanks are really not needed, but a healer can be the difference to smooth sailing in scenarios.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? The entire point was that what will become baseline resilience in 5.3 was always easily obtainable. If you aren't using pvp gear while pvping you are doing it wrong.
    I beg to differ here.....

Let's say you are a "hybrid" player that does both, PVE and PVP, and you've focused on the PVE part mostly, because you save the PVP part for those times when there isn't so much to do on the PVE side anymore. Then the chances are your toon is behind. Except for a piece of loot here and there from a world boss, you have nothing.
    So, you start running random BG's for honor. There would be an option of buying crafted PVP gear. But why bother wasting the gold if you replace that stuff in rather no time. So, nope..... Getting into Random BGs with PVE gear is definitely not wrong for a starter.

3 1/2 weeks so far for patch 5.2 .. then maybe 2 months on ptr for patch 5.3 .. and repeat the process for 5.4. seems right to me. gives you a new raid every 6 months. since they are doing away with new 5 mans. scenerios are the only answer for non raiders to get new content outside of LFR. doing it this way i expect they will begin adjusting difficulty in normal / heroic raids to avoid sunwell type issues where very few complete the content, then again its blizzard who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that these notes are legit, but I had an idea; this could be the greatest April Fool's Day joke Blizz has done, if handled well. '

Blizz has gone with absurd April Fool's patches in the past (silly, joke ones), and people expect that. Put in some realistic-seeming notes with a few 'oddities' to get people started (in these notes, Oondasta changes, buff changes, heroic scenarios), and slowly increase the amount of strange notes by day.

Day 1: Put in completely real patch notes, with a few things that don't make sense. (97% real)
    Day 2: Put in more notes, with more things that are strange. (90% real)
    Day 3: Put in more notes, with more absurdities, but not as much to make it obvious that it's fake. (80% real)

Just keep putting in more strange, radical, changes day by day and on March 31st, put in something absolutely radical and game-changing (i.e, CRZ in Pandaria, 50% Heroic ToT nerf, etc), but realistic, watch the freak-out, and on April Fool's Day, reveal the REAL patch notes.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    i love the way blizzard is patching this expansion, they have really kept their promise so far with a lot faster content, i hope they continue this!

am i right in thinking this will be like 5.1? a few scenarios, a new daily quest hub/chain?

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Looks like it. And, it somehow also supports the ever growing request of having the need for tanks and healers removed, to lower the queue times for everyone.

I mean, Scenario queues are really almost instant, no matter how you queue. All in all, I still prefer to run them with a healer. Tanks are really not needed, but a healer can be the difference to smooth sailing in scenarios.
    yeah as someone who plays a DPS main, scenarios are so much better than heroics, heroic queue can take up to 20mins, sometimes more, scenario is instant, just wish it was more reliable getting loot from it

Called heroic scenarios, and Blizzard moving from 5 mans to scenarios over a month ago. Yay me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Called heroic scenarios, and Blizzard moving from 5 mans to scenarios over a month ago. Yay me.

your avatar is very weird, is that a female Garrosh and female Varian?

Wtf?
    I barely have time to do pve/pvp/bgs/arenas/heroics/scenarios/norm raids/lfr's/brawlers guild/dailies/gank lowbies on my main let alone my monk and lock that I can barely find 5 min to lvl. Throne of thunder and 5.2 just came out. And their pushing 5.3 on ptr already? Wish they would let these patches sink in just a bit. I have a real life ya know >.<

I'm all for a little faster pace content than cata but damn! I don't wanna get caught behind the present content. They need to take the pandaren advise and sloowww dowwwnn.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2013-03-23 at 03:10 PM.

Ghostcrawler did say they had a new innovation for 5.3... Makes me wonder why are they making adjustments to old school raids? I know it randomly does happen but still...(/tinfoil hat) brining back old content.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    your avatar is very weird, is that a female Garrosh and female Varian?
    Nope.

Just the raw, unbridled bromance of Garrosh and Varian coming into fruitition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post
    Well now...
    PvP gear still have pvp power, meaning it will still be vastly superior to PvE gear, its not going down that road this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that we are in just the beginning of what will involve the patch 5.3 (hopefully), how do you think of the little we know so far?

Personally, being totally pessimistic and ignoring the classes' changes and the changes regarding PVP and PVE in general, I have highlighted the following points:

• Another repetitive BG based in gather resources -> There will be people who love to collect resources but I think we already have enough similar BGs.
    • A new arena -> Totally useless and dispensable, not only for PVE players, but also for non-competitive PVP players.
    • Heroic scenarios -> Something most reserved for "professionals" or at least for people with stable grouping. Simply I find extremely stupid not including new 5-person dungeons but include this new feature instead...
    • Absolute involvement of the moorish dwarfs in the Alliance -> Which to my way of seeing and understanding the Alliance is a major regression: Dark Iron dwarves have been bitter enemies of the other two dwarf clans in particular and of the rest of the Alliance in general for generations, and now they are supposed to work together for the Alliance? It is not credible at all!, but hey, we already know Blizzard and its lack of interest in the lore of their own games. The moorish dwarves should go immediately to the Horde, it cannot be trusted in them... and that traitor named Moira with her little Dark Iron bastard should be expelled from the Alliance by hook or by crook, by the mere coherence and image of the Alliance. Magni, back soon!, we need you! get rid of your traitor daughter! Dark Iron dwarves are a cursed race: they never should have left their mountain...
    • Even more disrepute for the Zandalari -> the Zandalari, once the last incorruptible trolls, the mother race of all trolls tribes, the trolls wiser and civilized... now turned into mere fodder for quests: regrettable, so many missed opportunities... outrageous. Hopefully Vol'jin as new leader of the Horde can redeem those Zandalari loyal to Rastakhan and make them join the Horde, which would seem the most sensible, reasonable and strategic development for the new Horde itself.
    • Naval battles between orcs and Stormwind humans -> At this point I am truly ashamed: since when the Stormwind humans or the orcs are naval powers as for undertaking offshore naval battles? It's something that has neither head nor tail. The naval battles in WoW are a great incentive of course, but they would fit better in an expansion oriented in the South Seas, where the Armada of Kul Tiras on the part of Alliance savagely faces to the Rastakhan's Golden Fleet on the part of Horde: two real naval powers face to face.
    • Multitude of scenarios pro-horde like the Vol'jin one -> Sounds good to me developing the lore through scenarios (ideally through individual scenarios) however I demand parity and exclusivity. Parity in the sense of developing the same number of scenarios for both the Alliance and the Horde, and exclusivity in the sense that the scenarios are exclusive to the Horde or the Alliance because if not, why do we need two separate factions? I consider disrespectful scenarios like "Dagger in the Dark" in which even we have to change our appearance to make the story more believable and truthful ... that kind of scenarios should be unique to the appropriate faction.

As I said I hope I'm wrong and have to swallow my words, but unfortunately I cannot have many positive expectations placed in patch 5.3 thus far...
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-03-23 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Assuming that we are in just the beginning of what will involve the patch 5.3 (hopefully), how do you think of the little we know so far?

Personally, being totally pessimistic and ignoring the classes' changes and the changes regarding PVP and PVE in general, I have highlighted the following points:

• Another repetitive BG based in gather resources -> There will be people who love to collect resources but I think we already have enough similar BGs.
    • A new arena -> Totally useless and dispensable, not only for PVE players, but also for non-competitive PVP players.
    • Heroic scenarios -> Something most reserved for "professionals" or at least for people with stable grouping. Simply I find extremely stupid not including new 5-person dungeons but include this new feature instead...
    • Absolute involvement of the moorish dwarfs in the Alliance -> Which to my way of seeing and understanding the Alliance is a major regression: Dark Iron dwarves have been bitter enemies of the other two dwarf clans in particular and of the rest of the Alliance in general for generations, and now they are supposed to work together for the Alliance? It is not credible at all!, but hey, we already know Blizzard and its lack of interest in the lore of their own games. The moorish dwarves should go immediately to the Horde, it cannot be trusted in them... and that traitor named Moira with her little Dark Iron bastard should be expelled from the Alliance by hook or by crook, by the mere coherence and image of the Alliance. Magni, back soon!, we need you! get rid of your traitor daughter! Dark Iron dwarves are a cursed race: they never should have left their mountain...
    • Even more disrepute for the Zandalari -> the Zandalari, once the last incorruptible trolls, the mother race of all trolls tribes, the trolls wiser and civilized... now turned into mere fodder for quests: regrettable, so many missed opportunities... outrageous. Hopefully Vol'jin as new leader of the Horde can redeem those Zandalari loyal to Rastakhan and make them join the Horde, which would seem the most sensible, reasonable and strategic development for the new Horde itself.
    • Naval battles between orcs and Stormwind humans -> At this point I am truly ashamed: since when the Stormwind humans or the orcs are naval powers as for undertaking offshore naval battles? It's something that has neither head nor tail. The naval battles in WoW are a great incentive of course, but they would fit better in an expansion oriented in the South Seas, where the Armada of Kul Tiras on the part of Alliance savagely faces to the Rastakhan's Golden Fleet on the part of Horde: two real naval powers face to face.
    • Multitude of scenarios pro-horde like the Vol'jin one -> Sounds good to me developing the lore through scenarios (ideally through individual scenarios) however I demand parity and exclusivity. Parity in the sense of developing the same number of scenarios for both the Alliance and the Horde, and exclusivity in the sense that the scenarios are exclusive to the Horde or the Alliance because if not, why do we need two separate factions? I consider disrespectful scenarios like "Dagger in the Dark" in which even we have to change our appearance to make the story more believable and truthful ... that kind of scenarios should be unique to the appropriate faction.

As I said I hope I'm wrong and have to swallow my words, but unfortunately I cannot have many positive expectations placed in patch 5.3 thus far...

I've seen ill attitudes on this site more than anywhere else, but this is the most negative dissection of anything I've ever seen before. It's not a content problem, it's a you problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    I've seen ill attitudes on this site more than anywhere else, but this is the most negative dissection of anything I've ever seen before. It's not a content problem, it's a you problem.
    Are you implying that some of what I have said is false? I merely analyze the reality, nothing more.

Deleted
    Are you implying that some of what I have said is false? I merely analyze the reality, nothing more.
    After reading your post i have the feeling that it doesnt matter what Blizzard releases you will just never be happy about anything if you dig that deep to the weirdest and smallest of details.
    Last edited by mmoc349aaf9315; 2013-03-23 at 05:56 PM.

yea that pvp one made me go wut oO

I could understand implementing it in randoms, but does MMR or what ever it is, balance arena and rbgs teams based on skill level determined by wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    After reading your post i have the feeling that it doesnt matter what Blizzard releases you will just never be happy about anything if you dig that deep to the weirdest and smallest of details.
    This is what I was getting at, thank you for confirming it's not just me.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 07:58 PM ----------

Yes this is what I'm implying, I'm implying you're being very cynical and these are your opinions. No one is saying that but you, so please take your negativity out of here. This is something all of MMO champion should see because it is a plague on this site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    Yes this is what I'm implying, I'm implying you're being very cynical and these are your opinions. No one is saying that but you, so please take your negativity out of here. This is something all of MMO champion should see because it is a plague on this site.
    People are allowed to disagree and say negative things because that's more interesting than simple praise all the time. When people say things that you disagree with, feel free to disagree with those things.

@Northem: I would imply that what you said was your opinion. Opinions, if sincerely held, are neither true nor false. Nor are they facts. Your useless and entirely dispensable arena may be someone else's favorite place to do arena games. Useless and dispensable to you. A favorite thing for someone else. You would do well to keep things like that in mind.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-23 at 08:12 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    Wtf?
    I barely have time to do pve/pvp/bgs/arenas/heroics/scenarios/norm raids/lfr's/brawlers guild/dailies/gank lowbies on my main let alone my monk and lock that I can barely find 5 min to lvl. Throne of thunder and 5.2 just came out. And their pushing 5.3 on ptr already? Wish they would let these patches sink in just a bit. I have a real life ya know >.<

I'm all for a little faster pace content than cata but damn! I don't wanna get caught behind the present content. They need to take the pandaren advise and sloowww dowwwnn.
    Stop. Just stop. Just because it is in game doesn't mean you need to do it all at once immediately all at the same time. It is this mentality that resulted in shared raid lock outs and may end up resulting in Blizzard imposing a limit on how many dailies you can do. I would rather have too much content then not enough.