Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    I'm pretty sure Paralytic Poison is off the DR.
    It is on a DR, it just isn't on a DR that any other rogue ability is on. He clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

But the guy he quoted was wrong anyway, you can DR your own kidney shot if you use a 5cp and hit it again immediately when it is off CD again.

After 3 pages and no official news, i'll still wait.

The only change which affects us (and every player) is the change to resilience, being removed from PvP gear and given baseline to everyone. I'm more curious to see how this will affect my gameplay time.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    i just hope they dont edit to much again, like my assassins spec (for pve) that i got and im topping single-target dps like a baws
    Last edited by mmoc2566e37beb; 2013-03-25 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3dbtk View Post
    Vanish should heal. Im tired of dying while vanished. Or some sort of bubble-type immunity when you vanish.

The style of building up 5 CP for max damage is terrible and slow. "Ain't nobody got time for that" applies perfectly for the stupid idea of majority damage being auto hits and poisons DoT.

CP builders hit for peanuts. Not to mention, it's generally just ONE(1) ability you spam to build them, why? I'm not counting premed/ambush/cs/garr as a reliable CP builder..vanish/prep is used for survival. When I use to play Rift (I forget the souls name) there was a spec for the rogue that had a simple CD builder, but once you did that, you could then unlock another CP builder that gave you 2 instead, did more damage, and had like a 6 second CD.

If DOT oriented is the way you want it, make a talent tree specifically for it, like affliction warlocks. Nothing is interesting or intriguing among any of the specs. Each is the same, you're just swapping Sinister/RS v. Hemo/BS v. Mut/BS ((Also get rid of positional attacks, think it works well in PVP, it doesnt - your MS ontop of their MS. trying to get behind them doesnt always work))

Also, I see alot of "remove SnD". Its a good ability that makes you work for extra damage, but it shouldnt have to be worked in with KS/Evis/Rupture/Recup.. why cant it be grouped with Recup (Heal + Attack speed increase - energy granted for melee hits like combat was..or is..idk anymore since I stopped following rogues to the t.

Spec 1 - "More DoTs More Dots More DoTs!" (Poisons and DoT oriented - stronger for pve)

Spec 2 - "Neva gonna get me, I'm touching all your candy!" (Utilizes the classes main mechanic more --STEALTH--Get rid of silly shadow dance. Vanish CD reduced significantly, but keeps you stealthed for 8 seconds max, use it to your advantage & quickly)

Spec 3 - "Nut up or shut up" (Lets use stand more toe-to-toe in combat instead of fearing a death in the matter of seconds because you get stunned - Ghost Strike / Shroud Strike, direct burst like Eviserate, and Deadly throw being a legit ranged damage source)

Lastly, revert talents back. Definitely avoided cookie cutter with this less customizable "talent tree" (if you can even call it that still), great work.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 11:44 PM ----------

Paralytic Poison? Guess because you said that we should forget that talent all together
    OH yes give me my shadow energy bar for active stealth mechanics!!

Quote Originally Posted by r3dbtk View Post
    Spec 2 - "Neva gonna get me, I'm touching all your candy!" (Utilizes the classes main mechanic more --STEALTH--Get rid of silly shadow dance. Vanish CD reduced significantly, but keeps you stealthed for 8 seconds max, use it to your advantage & quickly)

Oh yes give me my shadow energy bar for active stealth mechanics!

Quote Originally Posted by kiraan View Post
    Oh yes give me my shadow energy bar for active stealth mechanics!
    I like this idea alot. A second energy bar for shadow type spells would be very sick.

I always wanted combat rogues to have abilities that somehow conincide with our individual hands. Something for main hand strike and something for offhand. This would make the spec feel very unique. Make main hand have like a 3 second CD and OH strike instantly. You could also manually guard yourself with one hand instead of feignt just somehow reducing damage. A lot of abilities rogues have are just so unroguish. They are just there for the sake of adding more damage or more attack speed without the rogue having to do anything. The rogue class at th emoment is just a class that seems built up over time with lazy mechanics. The developers have never let the class evolve. They have just added new things to the already lazy core mechanic of keeping up a buff, and keeping down a debuff.

Deleted
    If they come up with some new spells/abilities for rogues or even a shadow bar (I'll take a black coffee,tyvm) I hope they rename some of the passive talents and give the good names to good abilities and keep the "less good" names for the passive stuff. I always wondered why an ability with a cool name such as Dirty Tricks has the underwhelming effect of 10% bonus dmg to targets that youve stunned. Thats not dirty, thats just boring.

Also Shadow Walk: Please give me a reason to use it. Ever.

SnD+Feint+Recup. its really not fun just spending so many combo points/time buffing yourself instead of doing things.

Combo points being on the rogue instead of on the target they would have to nerf kidney shot and buff finishers. Kidney is built in with the idea that it takes time to build combo points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see some more buffs to Combat for PvE. I feel it's still too far behind Assassination on almost every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I'd like to see some more buffs to Combat for PvE. I feel it's still too far behind Assassination on almost every fight.
    "Haste will fix it" they said...

"They don't have a fu***ng clue on how to make rogue enjoyable" I say...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a tad early for rampant speculation, don't you think?

Let's at least wait until there is some sort of a announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    SnD+Feint+Recup. its really not fun just spending so many combo points/time buffing yourself instead of doing things.

Combo points being on the rogue instead of on the target they would have to nerf kidney shot and buff finishers. Kidney is built in with the idea that it takes time to build combo points.
    Kidney Shot also has a cooldown long enough to make you think for a second whether or not you should be stunning your current target or blowing a CD and saving it for another.

And Feint/Recup shouldn't be on your mandatory buffs list. Feint is a necessity on most fights, but there's never been a fight in MoP that has required 100% uptime on it. Same with Recuperate, but to be honest, it's not even on my bars because Feint is stronger most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyreks View Post
    It's a tad early for rampant speculation, don't you think?

Let's at least wait until there is some sort of a announcement.
    Yes, it is a bit early since they haven't announced anything.
    The only thing I can see happening in 5.3 for PvE would be nerfing Envenom's damage 10% (since Blizzard doesn't like it when finishers actually hit like finishers).
    Last edited by Carp The Fish; 2013-03-25 at 05:36 PM.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Well changes are in. Pvp Shroud change and a 5% buff to assassination damage. Least changes for any class but the class needs the most work.

5% assassination buff! Yay?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithios View Post
    Well changes are in. Pvp Shroud change and a 5% buff to assassination damage. Least changes for any class but the class needs the most work.
    Assassin's resolve is just a tooltip fix, as for shroud of concealment, my guess is that they are nerfing the range.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-03-25 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Shroud of Concealment Extend a cloak that wraps party and raid members within 20 (old) 0 (new) yards in shadows, concealing them from sight for up to 15 sec. Requires Stealth. Instant. 5 min cooldown."

The Shroud change moves range down to 0 yards?? Unless I'm reading incorrectly? That isn't how it works on Live if it's just a tooltip fix.

Unless they intend to make Shroud an ability for stationary stacking only? Probably a typo, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyreks View Post
    "Shroud of Concealment Extend a cloak that wraps party and raid members within 20 (old) 0 (new) yards in shadows, concealing them from sight for up to 15 sec. Requires Stealth. Instant. 5 min cooldown."

The Shroud change moves range down to 0 yards?? Unless I'm reading incorrectly? That isn't how it works on Live if it's just a tooltip fix.

Unless they intend to make Shroud an ability for stationary stacking only? Probably a typo, I hope.
    No, it's just a datamining issue. It may not even change.

I was thinking it might just stealth all raid/party members with no limit (aka 0 = unlimited) so they don't have to sit on you for it.

There's no class changes in place yet. Just let Blizzard release their official patch notes and THEN we'll have a conversation about changes.

(and to comment on the Shroud weirdness, notice that the same thing seems to have happened to Fire and Brimstone's damage for Destruction warlocks; they're not real changes)
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashysmashy View Post
    I was thinking it might just stealth all raid/party members with no limit (aka 0 = unlimited) so they don't have to sit on you for it.
    I wouldn't assume too much. As shadowboy points out above, it's a datamining issue, and we should see any intended changes showing on the PTR before use. If it did work that way, it would be horribly OP for RBGs. Stealth across the map? NP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    There's no class changes in place yet. Just let Blizzard release their official patch notes and THEN we'll have a conversation about changes.
    There are a couple unless they're errors; GoSac for Demo Warlocks dropping from 30% to 25% is new.

Edit: Alternatively that's ALSO an error (drafted from affliction?) as https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...51772450660352 states.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-03-25 at 07:43 PM.