Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Any government and anyone who supported said government that attempted to enforce this upon my future wife would suffer greatly. You wouldn’t have to worry about population reduction after it ended.
    If this plan was adopted, then what exactly could you do against it as a single person? Precisely, nothing except maybe complain a little bit.

Limits? no.

Incentives\Benefits for families that don't have higher then a certain amount of children, say... 2? Absolutely.

No. Better ways to solve "the problem" first and foremost is a proper education. Better sexual education for teens would be a good start. Abstinence only education doesn't work. When a teen hears condoms only work 99% of the time, they hear "don't bother, they don't work". People who don't understand reproduction, or think they do and have bad info, make a lot of accidental babies.

Attack the problem at the roots, not at the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    If this plan was adopted, then what exactly could you do against it as a single person? Precisely, nothing except maybe complain a little bit.
    I could destroy tens of millions of dollars of government property and end the lives of a great many people attempting to enforce this policy in defense of those they seek to kill. Those like me would most certainly die in the end, but we would die well. Tyranny more to fear from those very few willing to die than from all the complacent masses that it seeks to tyrannize.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    I could destroy tens of millions of dollars of government property and end the lives of a great many people attempting to enforce this policy in defense of those they seek to kill. Those like me would most certainly die in the end, but we would die well. Tyranny more to fear from those very few willing to die than from all the complacent masses that it seeks to tyrannize.
    Guy's on a PMS binge judging by his holier then thou spring break thread too. Don't bother.

too many people isnt the problem, its a (relatively) few people consuming the bulk of the resources.

Personally, I think those are idle threats from a individual that does not possess the means to follow through with them.

The world should wish for my girlfriend and I to gift it with as many children as we can manage. Unfortunately for the world, the number we desire is zero. Such is life - the people that aren't idiots overwhelmingly reproduce less.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2013-03-23 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Personally, I think those are idle threats from a individual that does not possess the means to follow through with them.
    Be glad you do not have the power to test such an assumption.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

...government that attempted to enforce this upon my future wife would suffer greatly...
    Seems a strong response to an action against an imaginary friend.

People should be responsible themselves on this issue.

That being said, no government or entity has ANY right to begin dictating a person's reproductive rights. If women have the right to their bodies when it comes to terminating a child, they also have full rights when it comes to keeping a child as well.

The government should keep its hands off women one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The world should wish for my girlfriend and I to gift it with as many children as we can manage. Unfortunately for the world, that number we desire is zero. Such is life - the people that aren't idiots overwhelmingly reproduce less.
    which was the point of my post earlier, make education priority, produce fewer idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a strong response to an action against an imaginary friend.
    Are you really going to try to tell me that you don't see a government abducting a women and forcing an abortion upon her and her child as an action against anyone but God? You don't think that action is against anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Are you really going to try to tell me that you don't see a government abducting a women and forcing an abortion upon her and her child as an action against anyone but God? You don't think that action is against anyone else?
    Sorry I must have missed it where anyone suggested that at all.

even china doesnt do that. you just have to pay a fine.

Oh, I'm against attempts to interfere with people's personal liberties, I'm just amused at your righteous indignation regarding a person that does not exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Sorry I must have missed it where anyone suggested that at all.
    Maybe the post I quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    even china doesnt do that. you just have to pay a fine.
    Yet it is quite clearly what the OP is suggesting.

Oh, I'm against attempts to interfere with people's personal liberties, I'm just amused at your righteous indignation regarding a person that does not exist.
    Once conceived, a person exists. Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant as my "righteous indignation" remains the same as do the consequenses for the taking the path suggested by the OP.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-03-23 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hink the moral of this story is: dont start threads when you feel angry / vindictive. Stupidest topic Ive seen so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yet it is quite clearly what the OP is suggesting.
    Yeah that was one guy the rest of us said fine. Also, with your crazy ranting and suggesting we would be blessed to have your spawn running around I'm just saying mental instability is hereditary just saying you may want to ponder that over before mass reproducing.

Once conceived, a person exists.
    This is both legally and ethically incorrect, but it's not what I was referring to. What I was amused by was your outrage at the idea of someone denying your non-existent wife some rights.