Sprite Darter Egg

Hello!

I've been farming for the Sprite Darter Egg for quite some time now, havn't got it yet, so I was wondering if anyone here have got it after the Cataclysm, since I'm starting to wonder if it still drops

I've checked wowhead and wow-europe, I know it states that the drop rate is around .03ish % but it feels like they've removed it

Anyone knows? Should I just keep on grinding?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious thing, but apparently the rarespawn in Itharius's old cave in *the swamp of sorrows* of all places, has a high droprate for it.

Seems unintended, but hey.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Yea that seems odd. High drop rate as in 0.05% (wowhead) luls. Tbh one of the best looking non-combat pets in game in my opinion. Too bad it's so hard to get D:

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually harder to get since cata then it used to be but it does still drop. I suggest killing Noxious Whelps since they can drop the sprite darter and the emerald whelp pet.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I have it, but I got it lone before Cata, I also did the Quest. Much easier to get it that way

Deleted
    i farmed my sprite darter egg on the grimtotems in the alliance base. east side, agianst 1000 needles.

those grimtotems got an insanely quick respawn time, making them perfect for farming

I can confirm it still drops, I got it after about 50 or so kills while hunting for emerald whelp.

Thing is ive killed easily over 1000 of those grimtotems, it feels like my chances are bigger there compared to the noxious whelps since the respawn rate is higher+ there are more. Maybe I'm wrong? How's the droprate of the Emerald Whelp btw?

I decided I wanted the egg a few weeks ago, so I did the following: Downloaded an add-on called Rarity and proceeded to butcher the grimtotems near the Alliance camp on the border of Feralas and Thousand Needles. The add-on tracks your progress for rare pets/mounts etc. The progress doesn't actually mean much, but you still feel like you're moving in some sort of direction. Basically it let me know that I killed about 4,200 grimtotems at the Alliance camp before I got my egg. The other benefit of rarity is that a "toast" (achievement notification) will pop up once you loot the egg. The egg is a white item, so in theory you could loot it and never know once you go blind from killing so many grimtotems.

I tried farming the whelps, but they're too spaced out and don't have nearly the same respawn rate as the grimtotems. However, if you're horde you're going to have some issues farming grimtotems with AoE since killing the night elves in the area will flag you. I guess that's only a problem if you don't want to get involved in PvP!

Edit: The egg has an extremely low drop rate (.05% or so I think), but due to the nature of the grimtotems respawning so quickly farming the egg is a bit easier than say the macaw in Stranglethorn.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait farming it until the patch comes out. 1 thing that will make it A LOT easier, aoe-looting. Will be awesome. I still need it as well. Just waiting.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

got my mage and AOE on grimtotems, loot after 10 minutes, after 300kills