Poll: Will you try Hearthstone?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Oh no, I don't think free stuff has enough allure to draw people in when they dislike stuff. I think we pretty much mean the same thing, just you approach it differently.
    Fair enough!

Also, on-topic: I'm definitely going to try it. I enjoyed Magic back when I played in the '90s...while I haven't played since (partially due to not having Magic-playing friends since then), I think I'd still enjoy the dynamic and it seems streamlined enough to be a fun, casual diversion at times.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Played MTG both irl and online and spend a staggering amount of money on it, so will deffo be playing this since it's right up my ally and ftp nonetheless

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be trying it as I have absolutely zero interest card games in general.

I watched the video of what gameplay looks like, and it seems like it'll probably be a really fun game - I'm just not into card games.

10+ Year Old Account
    no .

Yeah it sounds fun. When I have time!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hyped myself into thinking it could be something as big as warcraft 4 and was disappointed at first,
    Haha yeah the hype was silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Card games don't interest me whatsoever.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. But if it turns into something that they use to keep you playing / logging onto WoW, or has pay-to-win features, I'm all set with that shit.

I was excited about it for all of five minutes, and then I remembered this is 2013 and Blizzard.

Every day taht goes by, this game sounds more like Hearthstone: heroes of mastercard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    the only card game i have ever liked was yugioh. i'll probably check it out since it's free, but i doubt i'll stick to it or anything.
    I remember saying those same exact words for Pokemon before I started playing it back in '97.

I said it again back in 2004 when WoW was released and promptly became addicted to the game a year later.

So I'll go ahead and say it yet one more time: Doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. No harm in trying it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I will. Seems alright.

Early impressions on this seem overwhelmingly positive. Great job Blizzard. Think you might have hit a good niche with this new IP. (I know a lot of college students that still play Yu-Gi-Oh! online, I played it back when it used Apprentice, lol)

I definitely going to try it, it looks fun and could be something to do during ques/raid strat talk etc. I just hope we can use blizzard balance to buy decks. I have a nice size amount sitting on there that i can't spend from D3 rmah (First week it was out i forgot to click paypal *Homer simpson Doh! here*
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    I just hope we can use blizzard balance to buy decks. I have a nice size amount sitting on there that i can't spend from D3 rmah (First week it was out i forgot to click paypal *Homer simpson Doh! here*
    Pretty sure they have said you can do just that, so those D3 winnings will be coming in useful

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    I definitely going to try it, it looks fun and could be something to do during ques/raid strat talk etc. I just hope we can use blizzard balance to buy decks. I have a nice size amount sitting on there that i can't spend from D3 rmah (First week it was out i forgot to click paypal *Homer simpson Doh! here*
    Yea they have said you will be able to use the Blizzard balance to buy boosters. Also all of the boosters can be earned through playing or you can buy them. So basically buying is the fastest path to obtain them, but there won't be things you can only get from buying them.

And yea playing it at PAX East was fun, I'll probably give it a go when it comes out since there seems to be no downside to trying it.

Deleted
    WHy not :P seems interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupsy View Post
    Try? Yes. Spend money on it? Almost certainly not.

We already have a World of Warcraft trading card game, and if you can find a local store to play battlegrounds and other events at, its an excellent game. If you're interested in trying a World of Warcraft trading card game, visit Cryptozoic's WoWTCG official website and use the 'Store locator'. Its a better game with a long history and a friendly, devoted playerbase for casual as well as competitive play. There's far greater freedom in deckbuilding and if you're lucky you can score loot cards.

As an avid player and collector of WoW TCG, I'm immensely disappointed that Blizzard opted to go with Hearthstone - which is definitely an inferior game and is obviously more suited to a casual audience that don't play a lot of TCG's. Meanwhile, the WoW TCG still needs an online platform (many players have been asking for it since the game began several years ago). Sadly, when Hearthstone launches on Battlenet, having the two co-exist online without a lot of confusion seems unlikely to ever happen.

I know some WoW TCG players I meet and play with regularly, who are happy with the announcement for Hearthstone, but most of us at least agree this is deeply confusing, and all of us agree this should have been about the existing TCG, not a new game. The fact Hearthstone recycles artwork from the original TCG, and that Blizzard didn't even mention the TCG at all during their announcement was really disappointing (they mention Magic during their trailer, but pretend like the Wow TCG doesn't exist.)

TL;DR - I'll continue playing, collecting and enjoying the existing TCG, but if I can find time to play Hearthstone as well, I will. Just not going to spend a single cent on it.
    Yup, it's free so no loss if I don't like it.

OT: you have CLEARLY played it already, glad to see someone with inside info is here to let everyone know not to waste their time.

Oh, except you haven't, and are making 1 sided comparisons.

I will definitely try it. If it's fun and I really enjoy it I may even use some of my monthly gaming budget on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Not more pay to win than buying a champion in LoL is.
    The information we have now is that you can get cards two ways: Buy them for real money, or get them through some sort of in game currency.
    You are buying cards for real money for convenience sake, as it saves you time.
    Hardly "Pay to win".
    1. LoL isn't really "buy THIS champion, profit/automatically better than everyone" as opposed to "buy this ONE card, large profit/automatically better than everyone" which is what a card game would be. Imagine you could play Blackjack and buy more 10's and Ace's.

2. We don't know how long it's going to take to get in-game money. So, could be pretty grindy or SUPER grindy.

Deleted
    The only thing that really bugs me with this game is unbelievable amount of colour and gayishness ... not the gay gay, the old gay, where it means funny and colourful ...

I have the feeling that WoW has become more colorful over the years, and when Diablo 3 was anounced, i was shocked by the sheer amount of colour they've put into that game ...

and with Hearthstone ... well, look at it ... alot of colour, magic effects ... it is as if Blizz wants us to look at the background instead of the cards ... like it's some kind of distraction ...