Page 1 of 3
LastLast

T15 Comp for 5.2

So my question is for all of those that have tested etc. How many fights in there will need to be 3 healed? Also how many are going to be 1 Tanked? Thanks if someone can help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tibeus View Post
    So my question is for all of those that have tested etc. How many fights in there will need to be 3 healed? Also how many are going to be 1 Tanked? Thanks if someone can help out!
    As of my testing which was 10 of the 12 bosses. Id say on normal all 12 could be 2 healed probably 3-6 you can use 3 healers to make it easier. There was only 1 fight that I saw as 1 tankable and that is Ion. and only if you have a paladin tank or a ret/holy paladin for bop's. since you can BOP the stacking debuff every min and it will never get high enough to be a issue.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2013-02-27 at 07:28 AM.

Alright cool I dont have to recruit a permanent healer :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    As of my testing which was 10 of the 12 bosses. Id say on normal all 12 could be 2 healed probably 3-6 you can use 3 healers to make it easier. There was only 1 fight that I saw as 1 tankable and that is Ion. and only if you have a paladin tank or a ret/holy paladin for bop's. since you can BOP the stacking debuff every min and it will never get high enough to be a issue.
    How you BoP every min with 1 paladin when you can have 2 BoPs with Clemency and it has a 5 min cooldown? Even with 2 paladins you can't do it every min (except if you use prot pala to bubble once).

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    How you BoP every min with 1 paladin when you can have 2 BoPs with Clemency and it has a 5 min cooldown? Even with 2 paladins you can't do it every min (except if you use prot pala to bubble once).
    You can delay dropping it to 2 min. I had double paly when testing but you can drop it more/less often depending on what phase/whats going on. 1 stack only stacks every like 30 sec. and even on heroic the damage on tanks wasn't bad till they got over 3 stacks. Obviously the fight is designed for 2 tanks but a good tank who knows how to use cd's can do it easily. I know imma be solo tanking that if it goes live as is.

Unbreakable spirit = 2:30 cooldown on BoP. 2 Paladins = 1:15 BoPs in the best case scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Unbreakable spirit = 2:30 cooldown on BoP. 2 Paladins = 1:15 BoPs in the best case scenario.
    Unbreakable Spirit does not affect on BoP, only Divine Shield. And if it would affect I highly doubt you could use enough HP to reduce CD that fast (no math behind this, just a feeling).

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 09:15 AM ----------

You can delay dropping it to 2 min. I had double paly when testing but you can drop it more/less often depending on what phase/whats going on. 1 stack only stacks every like 30 sec. and even on heroic the damage on tanks wasn't bad till they got over 3 stacks. Obviously the fight is designed for 2 tanks but a good tank who knows how to use cd's can do it easily. I know imma be solo tanking that if it goes live as is.
    Yes that might be true, I wasn't testing the boss so can't comment on that. Just saying that you can't drop it every 1 min like you said before.
    Last edited by mmocfb9e2d35fb; 2013-02-27 at 09:17 AM.

Since it is a bleed dot, if you are a dwarf tank you should be able to remove it every 2 min with stoneform aswell...
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    Unbreakable Spirit does not affect on BoP, only Divine Shield. And if it would affect I highly doubt you could use enough HP to reduce CD that fast (no math behind this, just a feeling).
    As Prot and ret, easily. Holy might work too, with some DL on the beacon, DP proccs and Radiance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    As Prot and ret, easily. Holy might work too, with some DL on the beacon, DP proccs and Radiance.
    Okay I was thinking about wrong thing. They are on a same talent tier so forget about it.

Anyway, it's not possible anyway with 1 paladin which was the original point.
    Last edited by mmocfb9e2d35fb; 2013-02-27 at 12:35 PM.

The tank swap mechanism is:

■Impale – Iron Qon impales his target with his spear, inflicting normal melee damage and causing bleeding, which inflicts an additional 24375 to 25625 Physical damage every 1 sec. This effect stacks.

Duration is 40 seconds, according to wowhead. And it's physical damage, so it's mitigated by armor. I guess with good healers... Not sure how quickly it stacks, though. Anyone have the timing on new applications?

But really, with everything else being 2 tanked you'd only 1 tank this fight for kicks and giggles or if your regular tank has the flu.

Deleted
    Already got 1 tank tactics rolling for most of the fights (viable or not is left to see for the live version).

I believe that we will be able to solo tank almost every fight, some of them just require some nice thinking like the hydra.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post

■Impale – Iron Qon impales his target with his spear, inflicting normal melee damage and causing bleeding, which inflicts an additional 24375 to 25625 Physical damage every 1 sec. This effect stacks.

Duration is 40 seconds, according to wowhead. And it's physical damage, so it's mitigated by armor. I guess with good healers... Not sure how quickly it stacks, though. Anyone have the timing on new applications?

But really, with everything else being 2 tanked you'd only 1 tank this fight for kicks and giggles or if your regular tank has the flu.
    This is like Feng, but you CAN solo tank Feng (even heroic, but probably not with 2 healers )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    This is like Feng, but you CAN solo tank Feng (even heroic, but probably not with 2 healers )
    You definitely can, barrier clears the debuff so it's not even particulary rough, you simply need to chain some cds until the next barrier usage when the stacks get high.

not exactly. when testing on ptr with 530 gear Pushing the boss before 2 magma's was Really close. 2 magma's was almost raid whiping in 10 man heroic testing. now with 1 tank even with 520 gear you should be able to push it. also in p4 the boss gains damage the longer he is alive. 1 tank lowers that.

Without any creative strategies or anything in particular and some reasoning behind it I think it looks like the following for tanking. I'm sure there will be ways where its possible to do certain encounters with 1 tank but this should hopefully be a general idea based upon some of the mechanics present.

Obviously there will be ways around these things like HoP, bubble or whatnot but if nothing like that functions for a particular boss for basic id imagine its something like the following:

Jinrokh - 2 tanks - Extra tank and raid damage debuff if no tank swap

Horridon - 2 tanks - Extra tank damage taken from Triple Puncture from the debuff

Council of Elders - 2 Tanks - Tank swap debuff on the frost king and perhaps for making sure Marli is a distance away for the healing spirits. Could possibly be 1 tanked with someone taunting such as a dps dk and taunt bouncing the frost king for the stun debuff

Tortos - 2 tanks - 1 for the boss and 1 for the adds might be 1 tankable but 2 for safety

Megaera - 2 tanks - Heads can spawn quite far apart and you really want them to face them away from other people. Some of the heads also provide stacking debuffs which either deal damage or can stun the tank. Depending on how fast you can kill these heads you may have to tank swap if say Frost/Fire is up and both breaths are stacking up stuff.

Ji-Kun - 2 tanks - Talon Rake which will force you to tank swap

Durumu the Forgotten - 2 tanks - Tank swap debuffs which reduce healing and a bleed which only goes away when healed to full health probably want to tank swap for this

Primordius - 2 tanks - Tank swap debuff which deals increasing damage the more it stacks this also makes the tanks quite effective at killing the smaller blobs as the reach the boss.

Dark Animus - 2 tanks - Quite sure its needed for swapping on Anima Ring and probably want incase you activate several sets of adds. Massive golems have something which increases the damage of future attacks and depending on speed of kill may require swapping

Iron Qon - Not entirely certain cant remember how flurry functioned/how threatening it was and if there was anything else that required you to switch

Twin Consorts 2 tanks - Probably want to swap when a beast of nightmare spawns as healing the tank causes your healers to take damage and there was a fairly painful fire tank debuff thing on the sun boss

Lei Shen 2 tanks - Decapitate and Fusion slash which cause obvious tank swaps

There is another thread at the following link where the tanking is also discussed a bit.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...25-man-raiding

Dot effects are not mitigated bei armour even if they are physical damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredpanda View Post
    Without any creative strategies or anything in particular and some reasoning behind it I think it looks like the following for tanking. I'm sure there will be ways where its possible to do certain encounters with 1 tank but this should hopefully be a general idea based upon some of the mechanics present.

-Snip-
    Yeah, the same could have been said about T14.

Guards - 1 tankable in normal
    Feng - Stacking debuff - 1 tankabe
    Gara'jal - Sends tanks to spirit realm - 1 tankable
    Elegon - Adds, stacking debuff needs to be reset, multiple adds spawning on different sides - 1 tankable
    Will of the emperor - 1 tankable in normal

Blade-lord - Stacking debuff on tank, 1 tankable
    Garalon - Needs 2 people to soak the cleave - 1 tankable (0tankable)
    Windlord - Shitton of adds, still 1 tankable

Protectors - Council fight, stacking debuff, 1 tankable
    Tsulong - stackable buff - 1 tankable
    Lei-Shi - stackable buff 1 tankable
    Sha of Fear - Sends tank away from main platform - 1 tankable

So really, mechanics that "force" 2 tanks, rarely force 2 tanks. And I think that is good. Nothing is worse than mechanics like Empress that force tanks switches at x stacks, just so boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah, the same could have been said about T14.

Guards - 1 tankable in normal
    Feng - Stacking debuff - 1 tankabe
    Gara'jal - Sends tanks to spirit realm - 1 tankable
    Elegon - Adds, stacking debuff needs to be reset, multiple adds spawning on different sides - 1 tankable
    Will of the emperor - 1 tankable in normal

Blade-lord - Stacking debuff on tank, 1 tankable
    Garalon - Needs 2 people to soak the cleave - 1 tankable (0tankable)
    Windlord - Shitton of adds, still 1 tankable

Protectors - Council fight, stacking debuff, 1 tankable
    Tsulong - stackable buff - 1 tankable
    Lei-Shi - stackable buff 1 tankable
    Sha of Fear - Sends tank away from main platform - 1 tankable

So really, mechanics that "force" 2 tanks, rarely force 2 tanks. And I think that is good. Nothing is worse than mechanics like Empress that force tanks switches at x stacks, just so boring.
    Can't solo tank Gara'ja (You can't get aggro after spirit realm)
    Blade Lord CAN be solo tanked, if you reach 20% BEFORE you get 4 stacks (hc) and perhaps 6ish normal.
    Sha of Fear can't be solo tanked aswell, if nobody is inside the light he will 150k hit the correct tank approx 1.5s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    Can't solo tank Gara'ja (You can't get aggro after spirit realm)
    Blade Lord CAN be solo tanked, if you reach 20% BEFORE you get 4 stacks (hc) and perhaps 6ish normal.
    Sha of Fear can't be solo tanked aswell, if nobody is inside the light he will 150k hit the correct tank approx 1.5s
    We solo tanked gara'jal on our first kill. Simply having a plate dps tanking. The only important thing is to make sure that the real tank tanks during the enrage phase. So depending on your dps that has to be adjusted. It is not solo tanked persay, but you can kill it having only 1 player in tank spec.

We also found a way to force the same tank going into the spirit realm every single time. This effectively makes you use only 1 tank on the boss though requires a second tank in tank spec.

So, either you can go 2 tanks, 1 in tank spec and 1 in dps spec, or 1 tank but 2 in tank spec.

BladeLord - Our druid tank reached over 7 stacks in HC without issues really. Also, you can use the tactic that you have someone capable of taunting off soaking 1 stack to let the tank drop it / soulstone res the tank in the middle of the fight to let him reset stacks. Very easy to solo tank with several viable tactics.

Sha - There is a way to force 2 dpsers to count as the "tanks" and forcing them to fly out to the platforms every time, making it so that it is 4 dps + healer that goes out each time with a lonely tank standing on the platform never going out.