Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you really want to watch some good scifi movies, you need to expand your search to extend much earlier than 2000.

A few good ones:

Twelve Monkeys
    Aliens
    The Thing

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Some movies just have that feel to them. You feel like a child on Christmas morning watching both Avatar and previously mentioned.
    Glad we could agree Totally gonna watch both Avatar and Independence day tonight xD
    Bah.. yea:P I could probably watch either of them again tonight. My.. erm friend (hopefully future bf) is a huge fan of sci fi and even though I prefer fantasy myself, it's one of our shared interests. So suggesting either of those movies would be a bad idea as he has probably seen them more times than me and they are so popular. I wouldnt want him to think that I just lied to him and only pretend to be into scifi:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post

I personally never understood how this one can be marked as science fiction. It's a horror movie and I shit myself every time I see it. Sci-fi is supposed to be interesting and engaging, not scary

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Bah.. yea:P I could probably watch either of them again tonight. My.. erm friend (hopefully future bf) is a huge fan of sci fi and even though I prefer fantasy myself, it's one of our shared interests. So suggesting either of those movies would be a bad idea as he has probably seen them more times than me and they are so popular. I wouldnt want him to think that I just lied to him and only pretend to be into scifi:P
    Hehe, the crazy things people do and lie about for the sake of love. xD

Protip: Men can't distinguish fantasy from science fiction. Show him Peter pan(Robin williams one), it's science fiction, trust me. xD
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-03-23 at 02:17 PM.

If you haven't seen Pitch Black, I'd highly recommend it.

Honorable mention must go to Pandorum It's like Sunshine; thriller, a bit confusing thus probably not what you are looking for ... but it's good. It's labeled as horror on imdb, but I am not sure why.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Hehe, I loved that movie! Seen it 3 times at least.
    Facking prawns!

I was going to suggest the most recent Star Trek, but you've already seen it! The new one is out soon and I can't wait! If you manage to find any good ones you'll have to let me know.

Deleted

Protip: Men can't distinguish fantasy from science fiction. Show him Peter pan(Robin williams one), it's science fiction, trust me. xD
    Too risky.:P He already told me he hates Twilight so kind of want to impress him but also pick something I would enjoy myself. Wouldnt want to lie to be honest, it could get awkward..

PS.

Seen Pitch black 4 times, the sequel twice. Vin Diesel <3 perfect antihero
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-03-23 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Well mars attacks comes to mind, but well its not really sifi or new or annything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Well mars attacks comes to mind, but well its not really sifi or new or annything.
    Who WOULDN'T want to watch Martians having their heads exploded by Tom Jones multiple times?

Deleted
    Minority Report and Total Recall (2012) might be worth mentioning.

But if you lstick to Sci-Fi Blockbusters with "sploshions" then you're really limiting yourself.

After all all good Sci-Fi conveys a deeper message and says something about humanity as a whole.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Who WOULDN'T want to watch Martians having their heads exploded by Tom Jones multiple times?
    I'm pretty sure they died to Barry Manilow.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2013-03-23 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Honorable mention must go to Pandorum It's like Sunshine; thriller, a bit confusing thus probably not what you are looking for ... but it's good. It's labeled as horror on imdb, but I am not sure why.
    I think I've seen it but dont really remember it. Thanks for the suggestion. Looked it up on the imdb. Sounds like a solid choice.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    [/B]
    I personally never understood how this one can be marked as science fiction. It's a horror movie and I shit myself every time I see it. Sci-fi is supposed to be interesting and engaging, not scary

... That's why most sci-fy and fantasy authors are guys and why the most adamant fans of both genres are guys right? God that comment was such a huge load of crap.... Besides, claiming that you don't understand why The Thing (a film about a freaking alien inspirer by the Old Gods of Lovecraft) ia sci-fy and saying that sci-fy can't be scary speaks volumes.....
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-03-23 at 02:44 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Minority Report and Total Recall (2012) might be worth mentioning.

But if you lstick to Sci-Fi Blockbusters with "sploshions" then you're really limiting yourself.

After all all good Sci-Fi conveys a deeper message and says something about humanity as a whole.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 03:35 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure they died to Barry Mallow.
    Seen Total Recall both versions. the 2012 one was a disappointment (no Mars). Minority report - crime, mystery? very negative.. but I'm trying to keep an open mind, been positively surprised before.

PS

Seen Twelve Monkeys - worst movie ever. Confusing mess.. I like Bruce Willis though so I guess seeing it once was worth it. If it was any other lead actor, I'd probably want my wasted time back

Sunshine.

Pandorum.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Seen Total Recall both versions. the 2012 one was a disappointment (no Mars). Minority report - crime, mystery? very negative.. but I'm trying to keep an open mind, been positively surprised before.

PS

Seen Twelve Monkeys - worst movie ever. Confusing mess.. I like Bruce Willis though so I guess seeing it once was worth it. If it was any other lead actor, I'd probably want my wasted time back
    Nothing confusing about 12 Monkeys, they pretty much walk you through the plot.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nothing confusing about 12 Monkeys, they pretty much walk you through the plot.
    Yea, I understood what the movie was about in the end. It just wasn't scifi or fantasy. The message of the movie was more about karma of fate and I really hate that concept with a passion. It's just a matter taste, I'm even not saying it was a bad movie, it just wasn't for me. I also hated Butterfly Effect, Donnie Darko and all sorts of pseudo "deep" movies like that.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-03-23 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    ... That's why most sci-fy and fantasy authors are guys and why the most adamant fans of both genres are guys right? God that comment was such a huge load of crap.... Besides, claiming that you don't understand why The Thing (a film about a freaking alien inspirer by the Old Gods of Lovecraft) ia sci-fy and saying that sci-fy can't be scary speaks volumes.....
    Dat sense of humor. I mean even when reading it the comments appears kinda lighthearted doesn't it ? The amount of seriousness writing that line was about this much <-->

I was absolutely serious about The thing though. That shit is more horror than science fiction. And I never said it wasn't science fiction, just that I personally don't perceive it as such(which is a perfectly valid opinion)

Deleted
    I mean seriously.. I respect guys but quit with the stereotypes. There are plenty of female sci-fi fans. I can't speak for others but I'm personally fascinated by interesting concepts and technology if presented in a realistic fashion. And the funny fact is that Im not even overweight or born with a double Y chromosome. Just give the girls a chance.. not all of us want to be dumb bimbos.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-03-23 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    So many good movies people are recomending =p

district 9 - awesome
    pitch black - still waiting on the 3rd move in the 'trology'
    sunshine - silly concept but good
    the core - ridiculious and mad but an entertaining disaster movie

my recommendation would be 'Serenity'. one of those movies people seem to have missed. It was made to wrap up the series which was cancelled after just 1 season. it was good but the network had there heads up there asses =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzubaa View Post
    So many good movies people are recomending =p

district 9 - awesome
    pitch black - still waiting on the 3rd move in the 'trology'
    sunshine - silly concept but good
    the core - ridiculious and mad but an entertaining disaster movie

my recommendation would be 'Serenity'. one of those movies people seem to have missed. It was made to wrap up the series which was cancelled after just 1 season. it was good but the network had there heads up there asses =)
    Tanks but I've already seen them all at least twice except Sunshine...

Since that movie has already been recommended 3 times, Im adding it to the "list":P So already 3 solid choices .. thanks all