Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

And you thought LFR could not get worse!

This new buff when you wipe has made LFR even worse. Spare me the horseshit about how LFR is good, it does nothing but hurt the game. If you can't even be bothered to try and play the game why should you get loot? Oh and clearly loot is all the people care about because if they were really there to see the content they might try.

Deleted
    What if Blizzard forced players to go trough a tutorial before they could join in lfg activities??

Quote Originally Posted by trollingisokayhere View Post
    This new buff when you wipe has made LFR even worse. Spare me the horseshit about how LFR is good, it does nothing but hurt the game. If you can't even be bothered to try and play the game why should you get loot? Oh and clearly loot is all the people care about because if they were really there to see the content they might try.
    Gear is content. It's the only way post level cap to advance your character.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What if Blizzard forced players to go trough a tutorial before they could join in lfg activities??
    Proving grounds should solve some of this... hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by trollingisokayhere View Post
    think about it through this prism: if one guy is trying his best to down the boss, while the other 24 are being lazy and playing improperly, is it fair that the one guy who's trying his best is denied to get loot?

or worse, if he's a DPS, is it fair to force him to leave the group and stand idle for another 1 hour dps queue?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I still don't see why people hate it so much...Don't like it? Don't do it. Nobody is forcing you. And why do you care if casual players get "s0m3 l3wtz" anyway? If it's THAT much of a problem, LFR gear is worse than normal raiding gear...I still don't see your problem, or how this "ruins the game"

Deleted
    The design intent of LFR was to show raid content to bad players or casuals with little time, i really do not see the problem with blizzard giving groups with a tad to many bad apples a small pat on the back since it was never intended to be challenging in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    I still don't see why people hate it so much...Don't like it? Don't do it. Nobody is forcing you. And why do you care if casual players get "s0m3 l3wtz" anyway? If it's THAT much of a problem, LFR gear is worse than normal raiding gear...I still don't see your problem, or how this "ruins the game"
    This has been said a million times for good reason - it's true.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Clearly the OP is clueless about what LFR is supposed to be. I'm surprised the OP has time to even post a thread since he is obviously a much better player than everybody else and is doing hardmodes right now.

As a soldier im only able to play WoW during the weekends. LFR is a great tool for people like me to enjoy the game and get some gear without falling behind too much.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate.
    On a serious note the buff is an amazing addition imo. It saves us (the players who just want to get their weekly run done) hours of wiping ppl leaving w/e. So basicly after 4 or 5 wipes the bosses get zerged and damn its over > everyone is happy. Pre 5.2 you would simply waste hours and hours of waiting for the LFG tool to find ppl when nobody actually joined and sometimes even the whole raid just disbanded and back to queue for another 30min as dps ..
    Simply dont do it if you dont like it.

Deleted
    I am starting to think we may have walked into a trap

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Someone might not have time for actual raiding with set times, but would still like to have a shot at it in enviroment that's not designed for brain-dead with support mechanics for them when they eventually fail anyhow.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    This has been said a million times for good reason - it's true.
    When an alt is Ilvl495 1-2 weeks after dinging 90 I think it's fair to say it is a problem. There should be a learning and progression curve, even if it is only a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Clearly the OP is clueless about what LFR is supposed to be. I'm surprised the OP has time to even post a thread since he is obviously a much better player than everybody else and is doing hardmodes right now.
    When did i say that? Does it hurt to have your foot in your mouth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    LFR should be the tutorial, no?

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    think about it through this prism: if one guy is trying his best to down the boss, while the other 24 are being lazy and playing improperly, is it fair that the one guy who's trying his best is denied to get loot?

or worse, if he's a DPS, is it fair to force him to leave the group and stand idle for another 1 hour dps queue?
    Yes, because it's a random group. That player has the option to get people who are also willing to go through the normal mode, or queue LFR as a group, etc.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    LFR should be the tutorial, no?
    The whole point of a tutorial is that you learn the game before you actually do anything "proper". such as content with other (random!) players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but (and I'm not criticizing here) I don't think anyone would argue that LFR is easy and meant to be so. Up until they actually implemented it, Blizzard was still floating the line that LFR was a way for less experienced or new players to have an entry-level progression path *to* raiding if they so desired.

I run LFR for valor when queue times are quick, or to try to fill in a slot that just won't drop in regular modes. As such, I appreciate the buff because it offsets those players that aren't....contributing.....we'll say.

I think the OP is misattributing the increased number of wipes in LFR.

It's not really because of the Determination buff, it's simply because the raid tier is really new and most players haven't really figured out the new mechanics and increased difficulty. Pretty much all the 5.0 raids had brief periods where LFR groups frequently wiped because at any time half the raid had no idea what they were doing.

But as the weeks went on, people got better gear and learned the fights and eventually wipes in LFR became relatively rare and almost never happened twice on the same boss. The same thing will happen to the Throne of Thunder LFR, the determination buff just encourages players to stick with it after a wipe or two.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I thought LFR was meant to be an excuse to "see the content" i.e. free gear if you couldn't do normal modes for whatever reason (none really exist if you play dps due to these near hour long queues, you could make a pug for 3 bosses faster). I'm not entirely against the determination buff or for it, but I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they removed it completely. It's been clear wow has been going this direction for years and I only play casually now because of it (when I play at all)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."