Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I eagerly await the Tank overlords

Yes that's right, baseline resilience, tanking spec, tanking bonuses and a lot of HP will make even mages cry buckets.

Want to take bets on this baseline resilience making your friendly neighbourhood tank impossible to kill within a reasonable time? If you can kill him that is.

I know the patch notes are sketchy at best for now and you will still need to have some PVP items with resilience to boost yourself to some magical cap but look at the current ToT raid gear for tanks. Granted ilvl will be normalised (hate that word) in whatever BG you fight in, you're still dealing with someone who isn't going to go down quick.

And you know what? I bet this gives reason to nerf tanks because they're going to be a massive pain for people to kill.

Deleted
    They arent going to be any harder to kill in pve gear. Maybe if youre idiot rogue nuking from their front then they block your attacks. If theyre pve then its just easier to kill them due to not having any of their little bit of offensive pressure they have now.

Nope that's not true. The item level "fixing" will do real wonders, but still people will want to get PvE trinkets -esp tanks/healers, maybe even casters if the trinket looks good enough- and that will cause some level of OP'ness in RBG's but that's ALL. It's so much better than outgearing to win.

The reason the disparity even exists between PvE and PvP is due to the fact that it's much easier to gear for PvE (raid finder/normal modes/heroic modes/crafting) than it is for PvP (BGs, Arena but with weekly conquest cap)

Why they're trying to close this gap I don't know, but it'll give PvE players an obvious advantage; not least because it's harder to access the upper echelons of PvE (heroic raiding, etc), than it is for PvP; almost all of which can be done with BG/arena finder save for RBG teams which are usually pugged.

If they aren't careful, devoted PvP'ers might be forced to PvE and suffer the consequences entailed (Trying to get into a raiding guild, etc).

15+ Year Old Account
    Then blizzard tries to fix something they always break something...I welcome my new tank overlords and tell them please treat me gently.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

.......wat.

How are they going to any harder to kill than normal? They already stack resi as high as it goes. PvE defensives do nothing in PvP, and stamina won't be any higher because of the ilevel scaling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    .......wat.

How are they going to any harder to kill than normal? They already stack resi as high as it goes. PvE defensives do nothing in PvP, and stamina won't be any higher because of the ilevel scaling.
    Parry/dodge still effect melee so if this happens I can see them disappearing(like there was many melee anyways....) and even more casters then there are now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Parry/dodge still effect melee so if this happens I can see them disappearing(like there was many melee anyways....) and even more casters then there are now.
    Yeah, the only real melee's used at the moment are what, DKs and Rogues? Rogues do damage during stuns and that's pretty much it and DKs is mostly magic anyway. Especially on the FC, the only real kill opportunities are with trinket down and a full stun on the FC - when they can't parry or dodge anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont have much faith in BLZ but they generally are on top of the most obvious issues.
    5.3 change and FC is one. There is no incentive to get PvP gear cos what hybrid want to farm CP to get two sets of PvP gear.
    On the other hand it is also obvious that there is no incentive to stick with anything but PvE gear since your secondary stats will be flawless.
    Anyway I'm pretty sure this wont be an issue, how they deal with it we will probably know the next time they update us cos by then they figured out all the possible issues that they themselves did not think of from player feedback these comming days.

Who am I kidding... they clearly saw the vengence issues coming...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

the one thing will maybe be a problem is with human warrior tanks that maybe going to gem full stam and 2x http://www.wowhead.com/item=95811 (one normal version and 1 lfr) sure it will be downgraded. but the amount of stam it will give is insane. it will be immposible to kill to it for a melee char. duo to second wind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the only real melee's used at the moment are what, DKs and Rogues? Rogues do damage during stuns and that's pretty much it and DKs is mostly magic anyway. Especially on the FC, the only real kill opportunities are with trinket down and a full stun on the FC - when they can't parry or dodge anyway.
    Rogues do damage?!? This is blasphemy!(seriously, every rogue I have got in a rbg does less damage then my mistweaver, glad I don't take a rogue for damage....)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I dont have much faith in BLZ but they generally are on top of the most obvious issues.
    5.3 change and FC is one. There is no incentive to get PvP gear cos what hybrid want to farm CP to get two sets of PvP gear.
    On the other hand it is also obvious that there is no incentive to stick with anything but PvE gear since your secondary stats will be flawless.
    Anyway I'm pretty sure this wont be an issue, how they deal with it we will probably know the next time they update us cos by then they figured out all the possible issues that they themselves did not think of from player feedback these comming days.

Who am I kidding... they clearly saw the vengence issues coming...
    Blizzard has very bad foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Rogues do damage?!? This is blasphemy!(seriously, every rogue I have got in a rbg does less damage then my mistweaver, glad I don't take a rogue for damage....)
    Not good AoE or sustained damage, but amazing single-target burst bottom on the scoreboard and top on MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    the one thing will maybe be a problem is with human warrior tanks that maybe going to gem full stam and 2x http://www.wowhead.com/item=95811 (one normal version and 1 lfr) sure it will be downgraded. but the amount of stam it will give is insane. it will be immposible to kill to it for a melee char. duo to second wind.
    You can't equip two of those: "Unique-Equipped: Soul Barrier (1)"

15+ Year Old Account
    Not good AoE or sustained damage, but amazing single-target burst bottom on the scoreboard and top on MVP.
    I might be biased because a rogue will never be able to kill me. I am the anti rogue, hell I can even solo a rogue. But they are good at flag caps and smoke bomb but if they were not good at that I would not bring them. Though I am a bit offtopic here now...

From a PvE PoV, Assassination AoE is some of the best in the game right now in terms of Fan of Knives/Crimson Tempest and poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    They're unique. You can't wear a Heroic/LFR/Normal trinket if you've already got the same trinket equipped from a different difficulty. (Hence, Unique-Equipped: Soul Barrier (1))

The only difference is that Effective health is hard-capped. (Resilience is static, and iLvL is capped) Across PVP and PVE players. PVP players get an advantage in PVP power (and more defensively budgeted stats on PVP gear in general) So they'll be hitting harder against players in both PVP and PVE gear, compared to the old model, where players in PVE gear did both less damage and took more damage.

Deleted
    So PVP is now mesured in metric amounts of time. These amounts are based on stomping people in random BG's and everyone wants to use as less amounts as possible (i.e. one-shoting ungeared/whateva people). OK, cba2explain5.3isgudl2adapttogearnormalization.

Um... I can already solo t2 tanks on my rogue in rbgs if I ever catch them solo, and my rogue doesn't even have t2.

Seems to me like you need to step up your game.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    They're unique. You can't wear a Heroic/LFR/Normal trinket if you've already got the same trinket equipped from a different difficulty. (Hence, Unique-Equipped: Soul Barrier (1))

The only difference is that Effective health is hard-capped. (Resilience is static, and iLvL is capped) Across PVP and PVE players. PVP players get an advantage in PVP power (and more defensively budgeted stats on PVP gear in general) So they'll be hitting harder against players in both PVP and PVE gear, compared to the old model, where players in PVE gear did both less damage and took more damage.
    oke then he takes http://www.wowhead.com/item=89079

and t15 set bonus wise is alot better then s13 gear tank wise.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    And what will a tank do? Afk away since he can't kill anything? Especially in lolpve gear.
    and he needs that if he hold the flag?