Question about Mod Appeal System

I know this program is designed to be fair. Through objective look, and if worthy it can and should be reversed. Yet mods are known to be very friendly package. Even Kas, a recent mod has a quote of something sunshine said on her signature may imply how close they have grown. For example in Gun Control which I started.

Kas and I known to bump heads. When Simca edited out my post in thread I started. Kas openly praised her thanking her. That could be flame baiting since provokes emotional response.

, and her very vocal viewpoint. What promises we have if she decides to punish an outspoken voice against her. Not saying she will or could, or even might. What promises or transparent way do we have to guarantee one person doesn't influence the other. I believe in fairness, I'm simply saying if you could discuss the way mods take up a vote and maybe some guarantee one mod couldn't influence another.

For example. I was infracted for flame baiting. I appealed, yet it was upheld. I accepted that, but I have to wonder "Flame Bait" was it a legit appeal or did the friends of mods simply join forces to keep the appeal down. Without a look at their operation. I don't have capability to independently verify this myself.

Also I used my appeal as an infraction. Please don't infract me for "discussing mod activity" just an example.

Example

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Thanks Simca, you're awesome!
    in response. Simba editing out my post. She seems happy.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-04-07 at 06:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    All mods are asked to review every infraction. It's not about who's friends with who, it's about looking critically at each infraction and discussing whether it makes sense.

If a mod is particularly biased in a situation (for example if they've had arguments with the appealer), they will abstain and not cast a vote either way.

If you have problems or concerns about a particular mod, please PM me or Boubouille with links to specific examples.