Switch 'em to crit - or keep pressing hit?

Give a look at my armory profile. I am pretty far over hit cap. I feel like I should change out my hit/crit gems for straight crit, but AMR tells me to leave it as is. I know getting more hit is an OK thing to do, but I still feel like I'd be better replacing them with all crit gems. Any thoughts or advice?

Here's my profile

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cious/advanced

you could reforge couple items hit into mastery because its already got crit on but i would leave it because all your gaining is little more crit and losing some str

So reforge the Weapon, Cloak and Ring to mastery and leave the gems alone? I think I can get on board with that. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use askmrrobot. Only use hit/crit gems if the reforged 2ndary stats you get by not needing that extra hit plus the socket bonus beats the SEP of pure crit. (Eg if 160 hit+160 crit+60str is worth ~330 SEP its better otherwise gem pure crit)

Change to pure crit gem in your shoulders, and your weapons
    Change your gems in your chest to a crit/str in the red socket and a Smooth Serpent's Eye for the yellow one
    Change your red gem in your legs to a crit/str
    Change one of your gems in your belt, or the gem in the boots to a Smooth Serpent's Eye
    Change the reforge on your cloak to Hit>Crit and reforge your ring Hit>Mastery

This will give you about 1.80% more crit, and dump some excess hit, at the cost of some str as well, but the crit is worth it. The stat weights on MrRobot is fubar as it values hard hit too high.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Hey crucious, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. He's actually doing the right thing, and he's doing what Darkfriend suggested as well. Since you're a dual-wielder, you can go over the 7.5 hit cap and still get value from it. It's worth less, but still worth something. Before the cap, hit is worth 3.5, and after 7.5% it's worth 1.54.
    So here's the math to show how the hybrid gems are better:

• Hybrid Gem: (160 Crit * 2.75) + (160 Hit * 1.54) = 440 + 246.5 = 686.4
    • Crit gem: 320 Crit * 2.75 = 880
    • MH: Hybrid Gem + 80 Strength socket bonus = 686.4 + (80 * 3.75) = 686.4 + 300 = 986.4. That's a higher score than using the pure crit gem.
    • OH, Helm, Shoulders: all have 80+ strength for socket bonuses, so the hybrid gem is still better.

Then if you look at the reforges, Mr. Robot is reforging away a lot of hit. There's some items with no hit on them, so he can't reforge out of that. Then there are items like the back that is reforging haste to crit (not hit to crit). That is correct. The weight for Haste and Hit are so close (1.55 and 1.54) that it's best to pick the stat that gives you more crit. Since there is more Haste on that item than hit, it's better to reforge haste > crit. Here's the math for the cloak:
    • Reforge 189 haste to 189 crit: (189 Crit * 2.75) - (189 * 1.55) = 519.75 - 292.95 = 226.8 points gained
    • Reforge 168 hit to 168 crit: (168 Crit * 2.75) - (168 Hit * 1.54) = 462 - 258.72 = 203.28 points gained

So you can see, it's actually better to reforge Haste to crit on the cloak.

If you have any more specific questions, I'm happy to go over more of the optimizations with you. Mr. Robot loves math, and he abides by the rules of math. So he's pretty handy.

Now, if you want to use your own stat weights, that works too. Mr. Robot will do the math for any weights you enter
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

In simcraft, the pawn string I am getting for him in particular is

Pawn: v1: "Crucious": Strength=3.16, ExpertiseRating=4.10, HitRating=1.71, CritRating=2.90, HasteRating=1.36, MasteryRating=1.62 )

Piercing Wild Jade would be (160*1.71=273.6) + (160*2.9=464) = 737.6
    Smooth Sun's Radiance would be 928 (320*2.9)
    Piercing Wild Jade with a 60str socket bonus would be (60*3.16=189.6) + (160*1.71=273.6) + (160+2.9=464) = 927.2

So, 320 crit in his gear comes out on top of the hybrid gem, and also you have it wrong where as the socket bonuses on the gear is 60 str, not 80.

As for the cloak I might have been wrong, the math I am getting with his stat weights are

Haste>Crit: (189 Crit*2.9=548.1) - (189 Haste*1.36=257.04) = 291.06 points
    Hit>Crit: (168 Crit*2.9=487.2) - (168 Hit*1.71=287.28) = 199.92 points

It might just have something with me getting as close to the caps as possible.
    Last edited by Xintic; 2013-03-23 at 10:58 PM.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey crucious, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. He's actually doing the right thing, and he's doing what Darkfriend suggested as well. Since you're a dual-wielder, you can go over the 7.5 hit cap and still get value from it. It's worth less, but still worth something. Before the cap, hit is worth 3.5, and after 7.5% it's worth 1.54.
    So here's the math to show how the hybrid gems are better:

• Hybrid Gem: (160 Crit * 2.75) + (160 Hit * 1.54) = 440 + 246.5 = 686.4
    • Crit gem: 320 Crit * 2.75 = 880
    • MH: Hybrid Gem + 80 Strength socket bonus = 686.4 + (80 * 3.75) = 686.4 + 300 = 986.4. That's a higher score than using the pure crit gem.
    • OH, Helm, Shoulders: all have 80+ strength for socket bonuses, so the hybrid gem is still better.

Then if you look at the reforges, Mr. Robot is reforging away a lot of hit. There's some items with no hit on them, so he can't reforge out of that. Then there are items like the back that is reforging haste to crit (not hit to crit). That is correct. The weight for Haste and Hit are so close (1.55 and 1.54) that it's best to pick the stat that gives you more crit. Since there is more Haste on that item than hit, it's better to reforge haste > crit. Here's the math for the cloak:
    • Reforge 189 haste to 189 crit: (189 Crit * 2.75) - (189 * 1.55) = 519.75 - 292.95 = 226.8 points gained
    • Reforge 168 hit to 168 crit: (168 Crit * 2.75) - (168 Hit * 1.54) = 462 - 258.72 = 203.28 points gained

So you can see, it's actually better to reforge Haste to crit on the cloak.

If you have any more specific questions, I'm happy to go over more of the optimizations with you. Mr. Robot loves math, and he abides by the rules of math. So he's pretty handy.

Now, if you want to use your own stat weights, that works too. Mr. Robot will do the math for any weights you enter
    I'd suggest your default stat weights are a bit out of date. They're ok for 463 gear, but you should probably lower the value of the strength relative to the secondaries to be more relevant to people nowadays. The ratio of haste:mastery:crit:hit seems reasonable, but strength should only be 10-15% more powerful than crit rather than 27%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    I'd suggest your default stat weights are a bit out of date. They're ok for 463 gear, but you should probably lower the value of the strength relative to the secondaries to be more relevant to people nowadays. The ratio of haste:mastery:crit:hit seems reasonable, but strength should only be 10-15% more powerful than crit rather than 27%.
    It's less than 5% for SMF for me.

Deleted
    Well yeah, I imagine most people using AMR are 490-500 ilevel though.

I entered the custom stat weights in for Crucious, and as expected, Mr. Robot suggests pure crit gems and changes up some of the reforges. As Xintic showed, it's still better to reforge Haste > Crit on the cloak even with the custom weights. Here's the link for your custom weights on Mr. Robot, Crucious.

Rhia, we'll check out the stat weights again. We simmed it with various T15 setups, but SimC is constantly updating after patches so we'll take another look. Thanks for posting: it's always good to get a little feedback from people, especially after the patches.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Thank you all for the tons of feedback. Hugely helpful. Zoopercat, thanks for taking the time to Sim my character.