Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.3 Gear ceiling, I don't get it.

I'm so confused. I'm seeing a lot of blue posts and other players mentioning that the new changes will hurt world PvP, but if the gear only gets scaled down in instanced PvP areas, how does this affect world PvP at all?

Did I miss something?

PvE gear will have a much higher ilvl outside of instanced pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    PvE gear will have a much higher ilvl outside of instanced pvp.
    But it's not scaled down in those areas. I just got back so I'm not familiar with the current ilvls, does PvE gear have higher levels than PvP gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sapit View Post
    But it's not scaled down in those areas. I just got back so I'm not familiar with the current ilvls, does PvE gear have higher levels than PvP gear?
    Yes, it's alot higher, and with the resilience being 65% baseline, those high PvE ilvl items will be far superior if it stays the way they are willing to change it.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

the diffrence between the highest plate chest for pvp and pve is about 1k on str/stam/haste/crit. thats way to much to overcome with pvp power.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    Yes, it's alot higher, and with the resilience being 65% baseline, those high PvE ilvl items will be far superior if it stays the way they are willing to change it.
    What about PvP power? Won't that make up for the difference in item levels?

I know PvE gear has higher stats, but wouldn't a flat out % damage to players give PvP gear the advantage, or at least even it out?

PvE gear was already above PvP gear item level wise and in 5.3 they will decrease the item level of the elite tyrannical gear down from 512 to 496 so it widens the gap even more. You will still have the advantage as a PvP player though (more resilience, pvp power, pvp glyphs/talents, pvp "skill"). You just won't kill a full PvE equipped player anymore just because he wears PvE gear. You have to play better than him, too. Should have been this way in pvp anyways.

What about PvP power? Won't that make up for the difference in item levels?

I know PvE gear has higher stats, but wouldn't a flat out % damage to players give PvP gear the advantage, or at least even it out?
    No it won't.

+1700 Strength > +1030 Strength and +475 power

5712 > 5047
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    PvE gear was already above PvP gear item level wise and in 5.3 they will decrease the item level of the elite tyrannical gear down from 512 to 496 so it widens the gap even more. You will still have the advantage as a PvP player though (more resilience, pvp power, pvp glyphs/talents, pvp "skill"). You just won't kill a full PvE equipped player anymore just because he wears PvE gear. You have to play better than him, too. Should have been this way in pvp anyways.
    I don't know if you don't know it yet, or I simply misinterpreted the point about PvPers having more resi, but resilience on gear will be removed in 5.3. The only difference in terms of resilience between a PvP geared player and a PvE one will be gems and enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for now, for world PvP you'll likely be using a combination of raid gear and PvP gear.
    4 set PvP and trinkets, rest PvE stuff.

Actually this solves the problem they created with forced PVP aka World pvp aka GANKING...players who only pve will have a little better chance of not being steamrolled by pvp exclusive players.

PVE players were forced to like it or not PVP it now seems the pvp players will be forced to PVE stop whining bitches it was fun while it lasted...

Deleted
    I don't completely get it, why PvP gear must have lower ilvls than PvE gear in the first place? If people do PvP in order to get into raids... so what, why is it a problem? Is the acquisition of PvP gear less challenging than that of PvE normal Raid and heroic Raid gear? Fine! Reintroduce rating requirements for conquest points and conquest rewards, not one single hard limit as it is now at 2200 rating, but incrementally increasing and incrementally more rewarding limits, starting at maybe 1600. I know for sure, that 1600 alone is an issue for most PvE players.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-27 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    I don't know if you don't know it yet, or I simply misinterpreted the point about PvPers having more resi, but resilience on gear will be removed in 5.3. The only difference in terms of resilience between a PvP geared player and a PvE one will be gems and enchants.
    I'm actually aware of that, but as you mentioned I was talking about gems and enchants. Of course one could come up now with the full BiS PvE gear players gemmed, enchanted, glyphed and specced fully for PvP. I estimate their number to be about the same as UFOs flying around the globe though.

Fun fact: It's the same persons who seem to constantly run into both =)
    Last edited by Pipostylor; 2013-03-27 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    Actually this solves the problem they created with forced PVP aka World pvp aka GANKING...players who only pve will have a little better chance of not being steamrolled by pvp exclusive players.

PVE players were forced to like it or not PVP it now seems the pvp players will be forced to PVE stop whining bitches it was fun while it lasted...
    This doesn't solve anything nor should it. In 90 world PvP there is no reason whatsoever to complain about being "ganked", you decided to roll on a PvP server. The problem with this is that PvE gear made for dragon slaying aquired by dragon slaying will be far superior to PvP gear made for player killing aquired through player killing. Only the people who gank you will change or the gear they're wearing, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    I'm actually aware of that, but as you mentioned I was talking about gems and enchants. Of course one could come up now with the full BiS PvE gear players gemmed, enchanted, glyphed and specced fully for PvP. I estimate their number to be about the same as UFOs flying around the globe though.

Fun fact: It's the same persons who seem to constantly run into both =)
    Gems and enchants wont help. First of all most enchants are the same for both PvP and PvE. Gems themselves will add such a miniscule ammount that it most likely wont even be noticeable or do you in all honesty believe that 1-2% more resilience or 2-3% more PvP power are going to overcome a stat difference of 400-500 main stat + 6000-7000 health PER Item.
    PvE guys are going to have a solid 80-100k more health once they're decently geared and several thousand more main stat. Hell the melee weapon alone has 1/3 more weapon damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    the diffrence between the highest plate chest for pvp and pve is about 1k on str/stam/haste/crit. thats way to much to overcome with pvp power.
    Because everybody runs around in fully thunderforged/heroic gear...right?

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post

This is a really.. really awful line of thinking. If you don't want to get ganked, get the fuck off a PvP server. You signed up for it.

Deleted
    Sorry to plant a seed here but... sounds more like an April Fools guys. Wouldn't be the first time. Do you seriously think this will happen? Too much work has gone into PvP on their part to then go in a completely different direction. Come on guys...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahroy View Post
    Sorry to plant a seed here but... sounds more like an April Fools guys. Wouldn't be the first time. Do you seriously think this will happen? Too much work has gone into PvP on their part to then go in a completely different direction. Come on guys...
    It's not. PvP participation is declining steeply, due to things like the gear gap, overabundance of CC, and class imbalance; hence why these measures are being introduced, in order to try and make entry-level PvP as rewarding as possible and attract new blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Though if someone wants to be top of line in every aspect of PvP, it is HARDER (more time consuming) than ever before!

I basically need 3 sets, which is pure insanity:
    - full PvP set for competitive PvP
    - full/partial PvE set for world PvP (enchanted/gemmed for PvP)
    - full PvE set for Raiding (enchanted/gemmed for PvE)

Either that, or permanently switching gems/enchants on the PvE set, for raiding and world PvP. Or maybe there is another possibility, which I doubt that it's gonna be accepted: finding a guild that lets you raid with PvP enchanted/gemmed PvE gear.

People say the game shouldn't be balanced around high end, but high end is what motivates people, even if they don't reach it, it's still something they can strive for.

I've always PvPed, and this patch is not motivating. I hope they will scrap their idiotic ideas (I had to use this word).
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-27 at 01:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    As for now, for world PvP you'll likely be using a combination of raid gear and PvP gear.
    4 set PvP and trinkets, rest PvE stuff.
    if it comes back to pve to pvp like in wotlk, im quitting wow.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.