New Arena: Shado-Pan

Gladiator hopefuls have a new location to test their mettle amidst the Kun-Lai mountain tops, in the training grounds of the powerful Shado-Pan. Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!

So what do people think and hope for this new Arena? Discuss!

I'm pretty sure that's just a fancy way of saying "tigers and fences for LoS."
    I wouldn't expect anything drastically different than that.

Personally, I think its going to be real neat! Not necessarily because of the whole "tiger statue and fence" thing, but it is going to look AWESOME!
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    Personally, I think its going to be real neat! Not necessarily because of the whole "tiger statue and fence" thing, but it is going to look AWESOME!
    The Shado-Pan are pretty awesome. It would be even cooler if there was a big crowd of them looking down on you or something, like all the guys from Mortal Kombat observing the fights.

Had a little fly over to the Shado-Pan Monastery to see the sorts of things we are likely to expect:

Opening gates might look something like this:

Giant tiger statues that will probably be the new pillars for LoS

Fences. Can't see how these will be used as LoS -- you can jump over them but it's pretty clunky and wouldn't feel nice in Arena. Hopefully by 'fenced platform' they don't mean something that is raised from the rest of the map. Z axis isn't very fun for most classes.

These aren't screenshots from the Shado-Pan Arena, just from the Monastery that's already in the game. Generally when Blizz create new Arena's they use scenery/models that are already in the game and just put them in a square.

Overall, I love the Shado-Pan models and scenery, and I'm glad that's the new theme for this Arena. Hopefully they stick with 3-5 pillars on a flat map and don't try and do anything fancy with it.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-24 at 01:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they get away from the lame ass knockback-down-one-level maps I'm all for a new map.
    Which they should since they announced that some of the older maps along with newer knock back talents is a less successful implementation.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Had a little fly over to the Shado-Pan Monastery to see the sorts of things we are likely to expect:

Opening gates might look something like this:

Giant tiger statues that will probably be the new pillars for LoS

Fences. Can't see how these will be used as LoS -- you can jump over them but it's pretty clunky and wouldn't feel nice in Arena. Hopefully by 'fenced platform' they don't mean something that is raised from the rest of the map. Z axis isn't very fun for most classes.

These aren't screenshots from the Shado-Pan Arena, just from the Monastery that's already in the game. Generally when Blizz create new Arena's they use scenery/models that are already in the game and just put them in a square.

Overall, I love the Shado-Pan models and scenery, and I'm glad that's the new theme for this Arena. Hopefully they stick with 3-5 pillars on a flat map and don't try and do anything fancy with it.
    Perhaps the fences will be see-through-like pillars? Idk :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    I can't get any sense of shape from it at all, it looks like it could be circular, with a raised platform on each side. Doesn't look like there is much LoS though, just two raised platforms (unless there is something in the middle between them).

Not sure of it yet. First impression isn't great though.

Deleted
    As long as it is a reskinned nagrand arena I'm happy, but if it's like rov blizzard can just fuck off

Dude, Kun-Lai's peaks have a ridiculously cool aesthetic to them anyway. This just sounds like an awesome arena visually.

Deleted
    There will be flaming tiger statues randomly spawning throughout the arena during the matches killing anyone within 10 yards instantly and a tornado that pushes people into rings of frost. There will be also be a feature in the arena that will make pets get stuck on moving pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    looks boring. pretty much as undercity arena, one object in the centre and... that's basically all. as a druid i love z-axis maps =)

Deleted
    More the merrier, nice to get a snowey arena for once.

Deleted
    yippie, sweet, cjool