Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    This thread is a joke, WoW right now at its simplest its ever been. If you disagree then you're either just got into wow or never were any good at it.
    I 100% disagree.

I was in an "attempting" pre-nerf Muru guild in TBC, I am in a far more casual guild now (raid once or twice if we are lucky a week).

There are far more mechanics (complexity) in Normal MoP Raids than in TBC raids let alone heroics.

What you are felling is just 100% nostalgia.

Have some specs been made simpler from Cata to MoP sure I can see that, Kitty is one of those and I am sure there are others but other specs have been brought up in complexity as well.

I do think they have the balance quite good just now you can get 80% out of a toon quite simply but getting a 100% is a big step up for most classes, which is a good place to be imo.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    yep this is the same guy always bragging about his superior intellect and how him having no friends allows him to further pursue his intellectual goals. yet 5 button rotations in wow are too much for him.
    5 button rotations? Really? What are you playing? Assassination rogue? Ok then.

I can't think of any other class that uses a 5 button rotation anymore except maybe a couple of the tanking classes using macros. I have 18 key binds, and it's still not enough for most of my characters.

Sure, I could be sub-par and just spam a few macros, but that's not why I play the game. I play the game to actually PLAY the game, not automate it. But when I'm usually staring at my hotbars for abilities to come off of CD, only sparing an occasional glance up to make sure I'm not standing in fire, well that's not nearly as fun as it used to be.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 04:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Nothings changed, just raiders replaced with socials to put it in laymans terms

Also Vin pre add ons say hi
    In Vanilla and BC I could fury tank on my warrior every encounter using just a few keys. Due to static CDs it just become a matter of muscle memory while I watched the screen for mechanics. Yet now that just doesn't work anymore. I have to watch my hotbar more than I have to watch the environment.

So I guess it's "fun" to stare at a bunch of static icons? Is that it? I can play on my iPad for that for free and not pay $15 a month.

We learn to adapt. We learn to play without looking at our buttons.

Once you've played a class long enough you don't need anything extra. Rotation becomes 2nd thought. (I proved a point in BoT/BWD days, fraps a few of the fights without UI) Still came top 3 every fight. (This was as an affliction lock so not seeing timers on dots or anything and being able to track it 2nd thought)

Its not complicated and I doubt people are leaving in masses because of a hard rotation.

my .02$
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    This thread is a joke, WoW right now at its simplest its ever been. If you disagree then you're either just got into wow or never were any good at it.
    No it isn't.
    There are way more possibilities to min/max your character now.
    In classic for example, let's say in AQ40, you had ~2 pieces for every slot available - and once you got them, that was it. No reforge, no gem, no upgrades.
    The bosses also got a lot more complex regarding their abilities.
    Again, in classic, as a DD you could be brainafk even in some Naxx fights, because the whole fight was about as complicated as one phase of most bosses nowadays.

As I said, I think the game is quite good now because it gives you so much more options to optimize your character compared to a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down, but wow has become too complex and that is why it is losing subs. Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes, there are more utility abilities than ever before, even encounters are are the most complicated they have ever been.

The beauty of past wow expansions was that they were difficult, but not complicated.
    Rotations are pretty much as simple as they have been since TBC. Most are mainly 6 abilities with a few situational, a few oh shit, or the under 20% abilities. I do understand how some people would thing active mitigation for tanks may be a bit complicated, or keeping up a buff/debuff every 15-30 sec may be a bit difficult, but rotations are much more simple now than in the last two expansions.

Deleted
    It feels like you're asking for bosses to go back to MC/BWL standards where they weren't complex but might randomly just kill your tank. Those days honestly sucked raiding-wise, at least that's my 2 cents

Deleted
    Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes
    Wait, what? Seriously? Rotations were dumbed down this expansion. The only class to be royally fucked were Hunter's, and not because it's complicated but because it's so bloated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamar View Post
    It feels like you're asking for bosses to go back to MC/BWL standards where they weren't complex but might randomly just kill your tank. Those days honestly sucked raiding-wise, at least that's my 2 cents
    This.
    Like I said, even in Naxxramas, most boss mechanics were stupidly easy...what made them so hard was purely the fact that a single mistake could kill you/the whole raid.
    This, and that most people simply didn't know much about the class they are playing. At least not nearly to an extend as we see it today.

I dare to say that heroic raiding today is by far more difficult than it was back then.
    It's just less time consuming, and people got more and more effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't agree that rotations are far too complex, because they aren't.

What I do miss is stand still nuke fights, I think there should be one fight like this each tier, nothing to worry about apart from nuking!

Personally, i enjoy a dynamic priority( fixed rotations are far gone.)
    I LOVE procs, and things that keep it intresting
    I Hate micromanaging ( only oblit with x/y runes, recast this dot to gain a sp bonus, etc)
    Do i think wow is to complex - No.
    Do i chose to not play a complex spec? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    In TBC, our GM made all the class leaders talk to raiders about improving dps for Brutallus. Warlock class leader: "Warlocks, class meeting- Shadow Bolt. There's your fucking meeting."
    Made my day. On topic, i do agree that wow is be comming an increasing amount of keybashing in order to stay competitive..

Deleted
    I feel the old stance dance warrior rotation, the totem twisiting shaman rotations or the old feral druid dps rotation were alot more complicated than what we have today.

Deleted
    That's why they made the new crap invention named LFR...

Deleted
    I miss the days of playing one button rogue in vanilla with the macro that used backstab and refreshed slice and dice if it wasn't active. When Blizzard removed the possibility for such conditionals in macros they doomed the game to uncontrollable complexity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    I miss the days of playing one button rogue in vanilla with the macro that used backstab and refreshed slice and dice if it wasn't active. When Blizzard removed the possibility for such conditionals in macros they doomed the game to uncontrollable complexity.
    Breaking that down into... two buttons... is uncontrollable complexity?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    This.
    Like I said, even in Naxxramas, most boss mechanics were stupidly easy...what made them so hard was purely the fact that a single mistake could kill you/the whole raid.
    This, and that most people simply didn't know much about the class they are playing. At least not nearly to an extend as we see it today.

I dare to say that heroic raiding today is by far more difficult than it was back then.
    It's just less time consuming, and people got more and more effective.
    M'uru.

Your opinions have now been invalidated. Sally forth little soldier.

I am sure I will get flamed and yelled down, but wow has become too complex and that is why it is losing subs. Rotations are the most complicated they have ever been for all classes, there are more utility abilities than ever before, even encounters are are the most complicated they have ever been.

The beauty of past wow expansions was that they were difficult, but not complicated.
    I already flamed one today for making up numbers, so i won't do that to you, since i've reached the quota for today.
    But we had good 10 million at the start of MoP. We currently have 9.6 million.
    It's a few percent that has been lost, which isn't a lot, so your argument about wow losing subscribers due to it being complicated doesn't seem to hold
    Actually, if anything, it seems that people enjoy it, and you're just the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah, it was so difficult as a warlock in TBC spamming shadow bolt.
    Please! You had to apply a curse, and corruption too!
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Too complicated?? MoP made everything much MUCH easier. The rotations for classes are trimmed down making them less complicated than they were like the warlocks before Cataclysm. The bosses too, in raids and dungeons, are much easier too so not sure how you think everything is too complex.

I don't know how much of the old WoW you played but if anything was complex it was old WoW (vanilla and BC). You compare how it was back then and how it is now and there's a huge difference in difficulty and complexity. To be honest I don't know how Blizzard can make it any less complex or easier than what it is now. WoW has become easier than it's ever been.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

With at least 30 keybinds necessary for each to class to play above an 1800 rating I don't know how the hell anyone can say this game isn't more complicated than ever.

Blizzard keeps throwing more abilities at classes leading to homogenization as well as ridiculous amount of complexities in how you fight other players.

PvE I'm not so sure about. I'm pretty sure that boss mechanics AND class rotations ON AVERAGE are more complex than ever despite what everyone's saying. Obviously not everyone is playing with a WotLK level kitty rotation but no one is playing WotLK arcane or even fury level rotations either.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    so many people in this thread using single anecdotes to address the point. one guy says Assassination Rogues in 5.0 vs. Mu'ru, another person says 5.0 Feral vs. 2.1 SM/Ruin Warlocks. you can't boil it down to individual examples people.

the truth of the matter is, WoW is different. it has evolved with player skill. WoW in the beginning had more talent points, more RNG and less mechanics to handle. as we have gotten better WoW has evolved to trim the fat from talent trees etc and now encounters are designed with a certain level of min/max required. 'complex' is too simple a word to describe it. WoW now demands more out of players in terms of micromanagement, but it's not really possible to measure that against Vanilla WoW because we've all developed higher skill levels since then.

also: PvP is indisputably more complex now.