Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    did you also calculate our clearcasting w/e buff that we get from critting? every crit gives our next 2 spells more dmg, the more crit we have the more this spell is up.
    Even with low crit the chances in this scenario are very high that you should have extremely high uptime.

5 targets with each one a chance of your crit % to activate it, on top of mastery procs with 5 more chances.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    So, should we stack Crit instead of Mastery? A lot of different opinions.

I liked the post with all the numbers and math..

However, towards the end you did not give a recommendation.. It seems like mastery is King and it is logical to be that way.

You said Crit double dips into mastery, however Mastery dips into crit too..

Mastery Procs have a chance to crit.

So i think Mastery is king as long as it works in this sexy way of giving free extra casts that benefit from Crit and ClearCasting.
    Important note is the one CL uses only ONE of the ClearCasting buff.

I think the question is not which is king, but where do we stop stacking Mastery in favor of Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiizz View Post
    I liked the post with all the numbers and math..

However, towards the end you did not give a recommendation.. It seems like mastery is King and it is logical to be that way.

You said Crit double dips into mastery, however Mastery dips into crit too..

Mastery Procs have a chance to crit.

So i think Mastery is king as long as it works in this sexy way of giving free extra casts that benefit from Crit and ClearCasting.
    Important note is the one CL uses only ONE of the ClearCasting buff.

I think the question is not which is king, but where do we stop stacking Mastery in favor of Crit.
    Hi there,

Mastery definitley does not double dip from crit, however, On 4 or 5 targets Mastery IS better than crit (but close) on Chain lightning. The reason I said it was inconclusive was because i was basing it off of a Pure Numbers single cast scenario and I cannot possibly factor in all the other stuff crit does to answer. However if you look through this thread youll see a sim with the answer

On 2 and 3 targets is where crit is definitley going to be better with chain lightning. In a pure cleave fight I would definitley consider reforging into crit.

The difference is going to be very small either way though since Elemental more than most other DPS specs in the game have very very balanced secondary stats