Thread: Bow Woe.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bow Woe.

Hi There,

I thought I'd make this thread to see if it annoys others as much as it does me. I LOVE bows on hunters, always have. but I have recently mogged away from a bow into a Xbow because of the way the damn bow sits on my char.

Why in gods name is the bow vertically aligned with my chars spine?! Xbows are at an angle. and I see no reason why bows aren't!

So, does this drive anybody else mad? or am I just nit picking?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not really bothered with how bows looks while sheated. However I am bothered with how ugly the ranged weapons have become. All of the ones from Throne of Thunder are really ugly and why do all of them have to have moving parts which makes them even uglier. They are also so fat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I am not really bothered with how bows looks while sheated. However I am bothered with how ugly the ranged weapons have become. All of the ones from Throne of Thunder are really ugly and why do all of them have to have moving parts which makes them even uglier. They are also so fat.
    Majority of weapons since vanilla endgame are fat (and look like clown toys taken from marvel comics). It's even funnier to try using "normal" looking low lvl random green bow when my it cuts my draenei hunters tail.

Edit: and why the hell bowstring is light blue?

I wish they'd make more realistic looking bows for once, i mean, i love my bows looking practical, make gigantic swords and maces for all i care but make some bows that don't look like they came out of an anime :L

i love the way bows are sheathed on the back now :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i love the way bows are sheathed on the back now :3

Yeah, it's great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post

Yeah, it's great.
    It's about time you amputate that tail of yours.

The malevolent bow looks good and is the only bow I xmog now. The one off Illidan and the one off Archimonde aren't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    This is more or less what I was thinking, too. The sheathing isn't a big deal to me personally, but it's been a long time since we've had a good looking bow of any kind, the vast majority of the good models came out of TBC with a couple decent ones in Wrath. They've been shit and or just plain boring ever since. Give me 5 minutes, a box of crayons and a napkin and I could probably come up with more interesting designs...oh well, at least we have the older models to mog to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I wish they'd make more realistic looking bows for once, i mean, i love my bows looking practical, make gigantic swords and maces for all i care but make some bows that don't look like they came out of an anime :L
    you have a terrible opinion.. also there are tons of bland realistic bows for you to transmog if you honestly feel this way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    This is more or less what I was thinking, too. The sheathing isn't a big deal to me personally, but it's been a long time since we've had a good looking bow of any kind, the vast majority of the good models came out of TBC with a couple decent ones in Wrath. They've been shit and or just plain boring ever since. Give me 5 minutes, a box of crayons and a napkin and I could probably come up with more interesting designs...oh well, at least we have the older models to mog to.
    Yeah, bows are certainly lacking in some respects, but Cataclysm had a few good ones. Without a doubt, better ones could be made, but at a point they will all start looking similar to each other.

The even bigger problem design wise currently is guns. Taoren was supposed to be the weapon we aimed for and really wanted in tier 14, so they made it ugly as hell and fatter near the end. Who honestly wants a gun that gets heavier towards the end? The one in throne of thunder is also hideous and fat. The best looking guns Blizzard make are the ones which are rewarded from quests and sometimes dungeons.

My biggest frustration with bows is how they dip into my cape, not by a bit, but by pretty much half a bow. I'm a really big fan of my capes and won't be hiding them any time soon, but this is starting to get annoying.

WoW always had clipping issues, not sure what the fuss is about. On my Undead at least its not even that bad, just some weapons seems too small when sheated.

Personally i'm a big fan of Arrowsong (bow off Patchwerk 25) and the S11 bow.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-03-17 at 02:42 AM.

I use the Golden Bow of Quelthalas as my transmog and it sits perfectly when sheathed on the back. It is centered and my ponytail fits through the half circle at the top of the bow.

If we ever get to transmog to legendaries I would want to use Thoridal but it is sheathed too far to the right and cuts into parts of my character. If they moved it so it was centered it would also be perfectly situated.

The only thing that sucks now is it still sounds like a gun when I play MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vileplume View Post
    you have a terrible opinion.. also there are tons of bland realistic bows for you to transmog if you honestly feel this way
    i know there's bows to xmog to but you can't honestly think the ToT bow with the giant circle in the middle makes any sense, right? lol
    Last edited by Hunterpower; 2013-03-17 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The only thing that sucks now is it still sounds like a gun when I play MM.
    Yeah Mastery procs as MM doesn't take in account your transmogged weapon for whatever reason, so if you have a gun transmogged into a bow it will shoot sideways and proc the gun sound everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Yeah Mastery procs as MM doesn't take in account your transmogged weapon for whatever reason, so if you have a gun transmogged into a bow it will shoot sideways and proc the gun sound everytime.
    Oh!! so is this why my mastery procs keep using the gun animation when i have a gun xmogged to a bow? they really need to fix that bug <,<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vileplume View Post
    anybody can have a strange opinion but that doesn't mean that your opinion is better than theirs, you should have said: "Terrible idea" or something like that

Oh!! so is this why my mastery procs keep using the gun animation when i have a gun xmogged to a bow? they really need to fix that bug <,<
    Yup, and i wish, specially since there's only a crossbow availlable this season :<.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know there's bows to xmog to but you can't honestly think the ToT bow with the giant circle in the middle makes any sense, right? lol
    Things have to make sense in a fantasy setting?

Idk, Will of the Emperor's bow was cool but i agree i'm not a massive fan of those in ToT or the Sha Touched gun. Not even a matter of making sense or not, they're just not very interesting.