PvP weapon question: worth getting?

Currently using the 491 LFR Taoren with the 500 Agi gem. Getting back into PvP and was wondering if anyone had insight on whether the PvP 470 bow/gun is better to use. I have mixed feelings on it, as I don't know how truly powerful PvP power is yet(I know its good, but HOW good).

Is it worth losing 700 ranged weapon DPS, 540 agility, and some odd stats for 4800 PvP power, 700 resil, and disarm duration reduction? Gut reaction is yes, but would like a little insight from you other more experienced PvP guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    when I started using the pvp weap on my mage I noticed a huge rise in damage over the course of a game, the pvp power was worth more than my 2/2 sha touched weps even tho stat wise the pvp wep was shit in comparison

Sad as it is to say it, you will probably see an increase in damage with the crappy honor weapon against high res opponents. In random bgs you can just roll with the pve weap though, most of them dont have more than a piece or two of melevolent (usually mixed with greens >.<).

PVP power is like 1% for every 250 or so power.

so you are turning down a near 10% damage increase.

in short, this question gets asked every few days.. the answer is always the same. pvp pvp pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    PVP power is like 1% for every 250 or so power.

so you are turning down a near 10% damage increase.

in short, this question gets asked every few days.. the answer is always the same. pvp pvp pvp.
    I figured as much. Just wasn't sure how much that % damage increase is compared to raw agility and weapon damage.

And thanks all.

Get the honor weapon, it's enough pvp power to outweigh the other stat losses, also resilience is really good, I mean REALLY good.
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Sad as it is to say it, you will probably see an increase in damage with the crappy honor weapon against high res opponents.
    Yeah, god forbid current season pvp gear is better than pve gear in arenas. Why should players who are only interested in pvp have to play pve to be competitive? Also pvp power has the same effect on high resi targets as it has on low resi, it's a flat increase no matter how you look at it, it doesn't negate pvp resi or anything.
    Last edited by Ascendant; 2013-03-23 at 10:07 PM.