Deleted

Tanking Horridon with a monk as the other tank.

I've had a strange problem tonight while tanking Horridon.

When it was my turn to tank the adds they would all invariably first turn to the monk tank who was tanking the Boss and weapon throw would not suffice to get tham back. So short of moving all the way over there I would have no option but to taunt every 6 seconds, on the first door that was kind of annoying but manageable on door number 3 however it was utter chaos. I had no time to do any damage because i was constantly trying to taunt mobs of the other tank which meant that dps pulled aggro off me and it was just mayhem.

So how do you prevent that from happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmasters do an obscene amount of dps, and therefore threat, and their swift reflex passive makes them hit something whenever they parry.

Not to mention keg smash is the most OP tank ability in the entire game.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only guess would be the monk tanks self healing. Not sure on what it is that is healing himself but see if he can hold off on it to give you time to pick up the adds. And if you have a rogue or hunter in party some MD or tricks of the trade would help.

just to clarify, the 3rd door with the ice trolls....

only the big guys who do the mortal strike are tankable. the others 'can' be taunted, but will generally run around to whomever they want. pretty much a wasted gcd imo. if you aren't quick enough to grab the 2nd big guy when the two of them come down at once, i have noticed they tend to run towards the MT on the dino if no one touches them. so usually i plan on being in the area they drop down on one side.. then use taunt for the far one.

Deleted
    I also tank alongside a monk and this does happen quite alot all be it i tank 2nd and 4th door, but generally speaking i just use vigilance on the monk so i can spam taunt when it gets a chaotic.

STATUES.

Every X amount of damage that the monk does gets turned into an absorbtion shield on a random member of the raid. Now imagine high vengeqnce, that X amount will be reached more often. This gives the monk a lit more healing dine when he is on Hirridon, which leads to him to gain instant aggro from anything that spawns. Simply because hlhealing threat gets shared among all targets in combat.

The same is the case of Paladin Tanks, who on most fights rival healers healing done on quite q few fights. There is no rwal way to combat this. What I did on our Horridon kills is to stick me (DK Tank) almost permanently on the boss. This is achievable by having a paladin in the raid. Have him HoP you every time Horridon charges into a door. You clear your stacks, cancel HoP buff by rightclicking or asking the Paladin to follow aHoP with HoFreedom, then taunt boss and go on again. That would make you only have to tank the last door, and with Tricks/MD/Mocking Banner you should be golden there. Hell, even an army is usefull to stop tankdamage/aggro issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    STATUES.

Every X amount of damage that the monk does gets turned into an absorbtion shield on a random member of the raid. Now imagine high vengeqnce, that X amount will be reached more often. This gives the monk a lit more healing dine when he is on Hirridon, which leads to him to gain instant aggro from anything that spawns. Simply because hlhealing threat gets shared among all targets in combat.

The same is the case of Paladin Tanks, who on most fights rival healers healing done on quite q few fights. There is no rwal way to combat this. What I did on our Horridon kills is to stick me (DK Tank) almost permanently on the boss. This is achievable by having a paladin in the raid. Have him HoP you every time Horridon charges into a door. You clear your stacks, cancel HoP buff by rightclicking or asking the Paladin to follow aHoP with HoFreedom, then taunt boss and go on again. That would make you only have to tank the last door, and with Tricks/MD/Mocking Banner you should be golden there. Hell, even an army is usefull to stop tankdamage/aggro issues.
    Actually, as his vengeance increases, so does the damage required to give out said shield. It actually gets slower and slower to reach shield goal as your vengeance rises as the damage per shield scales higher, eg 5 shield = 10 damage, while 10 shield = 30 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Actually, as his vengeance increases, so does the damage required to give out said shield. It actually gets slower and slower to reach shield goal as your vengeance rises as the damage per shield scales higher, eg 5 shield = 10 damage, while 10 shield = 30 damage.
    Thank you for the clarification mate, appreciate it. It still is the reason why the BrM is pulling threat off of the Warrior Tank though.

Also, oh my, typing from my phone is bad, I just saw how many typo's I made in that post... It's atrocious.