Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Ehh, guys, EB is already instant for enha, and even procs agility on occasion too.
    In the current setup for an enhancement shaman taking EB is that EB is the highest priority spell, thus it then needs to be hardcasted quite often as you can't wait for MSWx5 to make it an instant cast. This is the main complaint from the majority of shamans (including myself) is that with the introduction of EB and the optimal DPS route of even hardcasting LB is that we're becoming more of melee spellcasters and not melee who use spells for damage. Saying that EB is already instant cast, while is technically somewhat correct, is also not reveling the whole truth about that manner, if you're to always wait for MSWx5 for an EB cast you're greatly decreasing your dps due to A) delaying LB usage and B) delaying EB usage while waiting on MSW stacks.

I guess my main issue is I do not Hardcast LB.... I just can't get myself to do it. I normally just refresh ST and drop HST when I have a gap.
    I personally still run with Unleash Fury 90% of the time as I find it a more enjoyable talent than Primal Elementalist, and because of that I find myself hardcasting LB to take advantage of the Unleash Flame buff, but even then I typically only hardcast with 3+ stacks, and even then it's only to really fill gaps, not a fan of hardcasting, but oh well, still really really really enjoying Enh right now.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2013-03-27 at 04:55 PM.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought.

Elemental Blast replaces Flame Shock? Tie in the DoT, give it the same buffs.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Thought.

Elemental Blast replaces Flame Shock? Tie in the DoT, give it the same buffs.
    I think the issue with that solution is that then one spell is doing so much, both damage-wise and utility. I mean, I'd be fine with that change, but I can't see that's something blizzard would entertain. This would probably only work if the damage of Flame Shock was kept the same and just the buffs from Elemental Blast were carried over.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

IMO they should just remove EB and replace it with another talent. Give it to elemental baseline and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    I personally still run with Unleash Fury 90% of the time as I find it a more enjoyable talent than Primal Elementalist, and because of that I find myself hardcasting LB to take advantage of the Unleash Flame buff, but even then I typically only hardcast with 3+ stacks, and even then it's only to really fill gaps, not a fan of hardcasting, but oh well, still really really really enjoying Enh right now.
    I switched to EM/PE once 5.2 hit .... I noticed a slight increase in DPS, not much considering I am not in all 522's yet. The one thing I do like about EM/PE is that I can peak about 250k DPS with all CDs blown at once. It is kinda of nice having the burst damage, for once. I personally still like the EoE/UF build. It feels a lot smoother throughout a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with Cal here. I loved UF/EOE but PE's burst just can't be ignored...
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I switched to EM/PE once 5.2 hit .... I noticed a slight increase in DPS, not much considering I am not in all 522's yet. The one thing I do like about EM/PE is that I can peak about 250k DPS with all CDs blown at once. It is kinda of nice having the burst damage, for once. I personally still like the EoE/UF build. It feels a lot smoother throughout a fight.
    Just wait until around 515 ilv, with EM/PE, lust, pots and flask I manage to go 550k in the pull
    But yeah, EB I would replace with something more.. umm. I dunno. The idea of a new more-used ability is nice, in comparison to a CD and a passive ability. But the cast time is not enhance-friendly. It wouldn't be much of a problem if it would replace LB completely but with 2 abilities that require hardcasting, it just feels more of a caster (which i hate to play as).

Fisrt of all Elemental blast needs to have a 1.5 sec cast for Enhancement and restoration but damage reduces by 25%. second it should always grant your primary stats THEN a 10% bonus to all secondary stat. Period.

The idea that it still works the same way for all 3 specs that all play differently is odd, especially now that we have so many talent's/spells that change based on the spec you play when its selected. I see no reason why its not spec differentiated, other then just being lazy and not wanting to deal with it. By the way blizzard works with changes some times, I can see a change to it coming from a set bonus first and then seeing how it works out, which again is again, lazy.
    Because isn't that the reason why we have the PTR?

Removed or reduced CD is what im hoping for, with WF procs reducing the its CD by 1-2 sec is a close second. Just something to get that square peg to fit in that round hole of a priority list we have.
    Last edited by Viperk8b; 2013-03-28 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    IMO they should just remove EB and replace it with another talent. Give it to elemental baseline and be done with it.
    this is the only reply that needs to be in this thread.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Making it instant would help all 3 specs (would help ele in PvP, would be more practical for enha in general and resto would maaaybe be more likely to pick it). The damage should not be reduced though. Possibly add a spirit increase for resto? Though the RNG of it would always be sort of ''eh'' for a healer I think.

As others have said, giving it baseline to elemental and replacing the talent altogether with be nice too.

Well if they did remove it and just made it baseline for elemental, then what could they replace it with?

How about, since that tier seems to be all about enhancing existing spells, make Elemental Blast baseline for all and make the talent enhance it. Like make the talent make it auto crit and instant. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperk8b View Post
    Well if they did remove it and just made it baseline for elemental, then what could they replace it with?
    Maybe some sort of execute? They would have to make it work for resto as well though.

I would like to see maybe some kinda of shield play maybe combining shields together or even adding new ones like for Air.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    make it instant cast for enh and resto
    Thats like a 4th Shock, just on different CD, doubt Blizz ever will give another instant ranged attack for shamans, on any of the three specs
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Who knows? The bottom line is that a talent that's craptastic for 2 out of 3 specs isn't a talent that should be there.

Elemental is really the only spec that could perhaps use more spell variety, and making EB baseline would give that to them.

Alternatively, they could make the talent do something entirely different for Enhancement.. they've shown that they have this functionality. The Paladin tier talents have this in 2 or 3 tiers, and I was actually really disappointed (having seen the Paladin talents first) that the Shaman talents had nothing of the kind.