Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ideas on how to make Elemental Blast for Enhance Friendly?

I've been wondering on some ideas on how to make "Elemental Blast" more enhancement Friendly, or better fit in with our priority rotation. For the most part the spell seems a bit outta place. Most of the time I find myself waiting for that 5th stack of MW b/c I don't wanna be bothered hard casting it, and I know this is a dps lose by doing so, but everything just feels off by doing so.

So as for ideas I have a few.

1. Have our WF procs (MH only) have a chance to reduce to CD of Elemental Blast by 1 or 2 secs.
    2. Earth Shock has a 25% chance to reset CD of Elemental Blast.
    3. Shamanistic Rage : For its duration Elemental Blast is on a 5sec CD
    4. Ascendance : While in Ascendance Form, when you reach 5 MW stacks your CD on Elemental Blast is reset. (this seems a bit op to me PVP wise, so more of just for fun lol)
    5. Or just give us back Lava Burst.

If you have any ideas of your own please share them and maybe during the next WoW Class Q&A on twitter we can ask and maybe get some answers or changes.

[Edit]Title Should read "Ideas on how to make Elemental Blast "more" Enhance Friendly?" if an admin can change it that would be great.
    Last edited by Viperk8b; 2013-03-24 at 12:01 AM.

make it instant cast for enh and resto

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant cast for enha and resto and less damage.

Or just give it baseline to elemental and replace it with something else.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make it on CD with our shocks, make it do less damage and make it instant.

So instead of spamming Earth Shock when we have the Flame dot up, just put in an EB in there once in a while.

Or just replace it entirely, make it an actual spell for Ele/Resto, and make something better.
    Currently Procrastinating

Simply making it instant for enhance would solve all problems. It doesn't do that much damage, but if the instant burst is too much then having WF reduce the cast time seems appropriate. It's on a 12s CD.. and WF procs on avg every what? 11? I would love to add this spell into my rotation. As fun as bursting above 400k with primal fire elemental is.. I'd rather have more sustained dps which is why in principle I like UF better, although I'm using PE simply because it's more dps.
    Having Shamanistic Rage reduce the CD of it would just turn our DR into an Offensive CD, which is a bad idea.

On the semi-off topic of resto.. i think it should be usable on friendlies as a heal. Resto needs a non-pvp buff (so leave the cast time) and adding a heal like this could be interesting.
    Last edited by Swarles; 2013-03-24 at 01:04 AM.

Or remove cooldown and add a recharge time.

It needs to be instant, and quite possibly make the Agility buff more often come up.

Same goes for Resto, but even then it is bad for resto.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any good resto shaman worth his salt will probably never take Elemental Blast in his current state, whether it's cooldown gets reduced or become instant or both
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Meby makie it simple get benefit from Storm Strike debuff (25% crit) becous it does not benefit from tht debuff what make it so sux

Reduced CD or instant cast seems to me the way to go if its a quick fix, but knowing blizz they will try to bake it in with some other spell to lower a cd or reset it all together, I would like it to be as if we still use LB but on say every 3rd time at a 5 Stack MW we can use EB in which it slides in neatly into the rotation rather then it be a burden since its so powerful that we have to stop what were doing to get the thing off every time its up.

Elemental has no problem with it, I never picked it for resto so I have no idea how it works with it, and I doubt any real resto shammy would even take it, so why not make it a Tri Spec Spell and just work different ways with each spec. but give the same benefit.

BTW don't get me started on what a tease Stormblast is just when you think you can get a 3rd one off Ascendance drops off.

Either way keep the ideas coming, maybe even some glyph ideas on how to improve it.
    Last edited by Viperk8b; 2013-03-24 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Or just give it baseline to elemental and replace it with something else.
    I think this is the best way to go forward with it. EB seems to just not be taken by Enh and Resto, and favored heavily by Ele, so why not roll this into Ele and possibly give us something else to enhance our gameplay.

The other option I'd be ok with would be it becoming instant cast and possibly sharing a CD with shocks.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    The other option I'd be ok with would be it becoming instant cast and possibly sharing a CD with shocks.
    I wouldn't mind this to much, but I think Ele Blast would just take Earth Shock space.

Nerf the buff it gives to something like 300 mastery/haste/crit and make the buff last 20 seconds and make it replace lightning bolt.
    Last edited by Maios; 2013-03-26 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the best way to go forward with it. EB seems to just not be taken by Enh and Resto, and favored heavily by Ele, so why not roll this into Ele and possibly give us something else to enhance our gameplay.

This all day. If it was instant and could replace Earth Shock, I'd be down. If resto could use it as a heal, sure. If not then get rid of it and give me something I'll look at!

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 11:00 PM ----------

Better Idea:

Replace Elemental Blast with "Acid Rain: Healing Rain also damages all enemies for the same amount" NOW ENHANCEMENT HAS A REAL AOE AND MORE UTILITY! Synergizes with Conductivity!
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I wouldn't mind this to much, but I think Ele Blast would just take Earth Shock space.
    I don't think that would be a bad thing - earth shock isn't really a fun spell to use right now, it's one of our lowest priority abilities and only used if flame shock is already on the target. I'd be all up for them rolling Earth Shock and Elemental Blast in together.

Replace Elemental Blast with "Acid Rain: Healing Rain also damages all enemies for the same amount" NOW ENHANCEMENT HAS A REAL AOE AND MORE UTILITY! Synergizes with Conductivity!
    I personally don't want to have a zone based AoE, I've never liked them since they have certain limitations.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2013-03-27 at 01:11 PM.

Looking at all the suggestions, the easiest and imo most effective fix would be making it instant for enh+resto.
    What screws up EB for enh is one thing and one thing only: cooldown AND requiring a ppm
    It is essentially the same as when we had lava burst.It just doesn't work.
    Removing the ppm part of the equation makes EB just another of the many cooldowns enh has already learned to manage.

I dont know how eb sims right now in pve settings, but I can definately see enh picking EB in pvp situations where the fb sprint isn't as important as more burst (also keep in mind that in case of taking eb enh would likely run wf/ft instead of wf/fb, which would mean more spell damage, more imbue damage (further increased by sf charges) and also increased fire spell damage (ue:ft => fs (does eb work with it? I dont think it does, does it?)).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that would be a bad thing - earth shock isn't really a fun spell to use right now, it's one of our lowest priority abilities and only used if flame shock is already on the target. I'd be all up for them rolling Earth Shock and Elemental Blast in together.
    I didn't say it would be bad.

I think EB should just have a lower CD and instant cast for Enh. Shared CD with shocks, like i said wouldn't mind, but I just kind of feel like we need another button to push with the gaps in rotation. I personally liked be GCD capped back in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I didn't say it would be bad.

I think EB should just have a lower CD and instant cast for Enh. Shared CD with shocks, like i said wouldn't mind, but I just kind of feel like we need another button to push with the gaps in rotation. I personally liked be GCD capped back in Wrath.
    I'm not seeing too many gaps (given I didn't play enh in wrath) but for the most part I'm always pushing something, with hardcasting LB my typical filler when nothing else is ready to be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing too many gaps (given I didn't play enh in wrath) but for the most part I'm always pushing something, with hardcasting LB my typical filler when nothing else is ready to be used.
    I guess my main issue is I do not Hardcast LB.... I just can't get myself to do it. I normally just refresh ST and drop HST when I have a gap.

Deleted
    Ehh, guys, EB is already instant for enha, and even procs agility on occasion too.