Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gromm Hellscream, both heroic, and tragic. Aswell as Uther Lightbringer's.

Surprised no one jokingly said Dranosh >.>

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    Surprised no one jokingly said Dranosh >.>
    Well it is kind of hard to make that joke when you don't know which death to use

Deleted
    Onyxia. She dies way too often.

when tasadar drove the mother ship into the overmind

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Arthas, mostly cause his storyline was so awsome and epic, was kinda sad to see it end
    I have to agree. Even a fight with Arthas was epic and felt like "this is the end of a legend" although even Blizz once said that they could've done it better. Still, it is the best story of WoW. 2nd one is an "tragic hero Illidan" story

Also, another most tragic and epic death is death of Gamon. He died soooo many times
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-03-24 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broxigar for sure.

But then Dranosh Saurfang was very tragic. He was young and aspiring to follow in his fathers footsteps, and gave some hope. He is then killed by the lord of undeath, his soul ripped from his body, his body taken and bound to the will of the lich king, and then having to die in this state and have his father carry his sons corpse to be buried.
    The fact we also know that when dammed with undeath, there is little chance of people finding redemption in the afterlife, leaves Dranosh's fate very dark.

Anveena's death is very tragic, I agree. Especially since... honestly, forget all other lore and context, how can you not watch the little attunement cinematic from MGT and not think "rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world"?

Taretha Foxton is also pretty tragic. Terenas, IMO, surprised haven't seen that mentioned.

As for heroic... Sylvanas and almost any of the notables from the scourging of Quel'thalas (Anasterien, Thalorien). Rhonin, give him his due.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually did mention Terenas but I am more surprised no one has mentioned Doomhammer or Magni

I have to go with Broxigar, he was noble and fearless.

Arthas. From righteous paladin fighting for his people to the dark lord of the dead. The progression over time of his corruption built up his uberness as a baddie and it made him that much more epic as a hero and villain. Obvious that a lot of time and effort went into his storyline and that's why WOTLK was, is, and will always be my favorite expansion.

Broxigar Heroic Horde
    Rhonin Heroic Ally
    Taretha Foxton's Tragic Ally
    Durotan Tragic Horde
    Krasus - Nutural Both heroic and tragic in my eyes

Arthus is very boring and repeated story over many lores. I find it very bland and i've always despised the entire story and lore following him.

Gromm Hellscream, Uther Lightbringer's. both have to have an honorable mention here as well.

/Bow to you all. /die to that bitch that killed off Rhonin and Krasus 2 of the best chars ever
    Last edited by Barrowwind; 2013-03-24 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1rst place: Thareta Foston
    2nd Place: Avenna
    3rth place: Cairne Bloodhoof
    4rth place: Sylvanas Windrunner
    5th place: Krasus

Anveena's death will always be a very affecting one, for me, largely due to her story, but also because of her voice actress-- the same woman who voiced the character of Colette in Tales of Symphonia, one of my all-time favorite games. Hearing Colette's voice tied to another story of self-sacrifice made Anveena's death especially emotional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uther's for sadness, maybe. Being torn apart by ghouls while your former student taunts you isn't exactly an epic end.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnoyingRight View Post
    Any of those deaths count as long as they happen in game or during the time period of the game. So any of the Warcraft rts games can apply since they have COT
    well on that note gonna say Hellscream too
    His death held a lot of emotion for me when I first witnessed it.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Goddamnit, Bolvar!
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Arthas for me, because of
    Father... Is this over?...
    He sounded like he was in a big pain and he finally relieved from his torments.
    And also I was thinking "Is this really over? We have killed the most dangerous villain..."
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-03-24 at 07:07 AM.

when Garrosh killed Aeris

10+ Year Old Account
    Uther the Lightbringer probably had the most badass death fighting off Arthas as well as a band of Ghouls.

Lord Lothars death from the book Tides of Darkness was especially sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Anveena's death will always be a very affecting one, for me, largely due to her story, but also because of her voice actress-- the same woman who voiced the character of Colette in Tales of Symphonia, one of my all-time favorite games. Hearing Colette's voice tied to another story of self-sacrifice made Anveena's death especially emotional.
    I actually forgot about that.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance