Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    People dont understand changes when they are happening.
    And people are afraid of what they dont understand.

We are in a time where communication and socializing methods are changing, and people that cant understand them will fear them, and of course attack them.

Some people take more to adapt than others, and some people just never do and are called dinosaurs in their own time.

When some one who thinks god any god is real tells me about games they have never played then they can go fuc themselves seriously i bet her son was playing wow trying to solo a warbringer and she walked in nagged about somthing pointless a minor atressing him out dies and has the kill taken and then gives her a load of shit. That happend to me anyway.

Deleted
    Why do you even respond to people like this? Their opinions are not that much more important because they are on YouTube. Just ignore her.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    In a world where people can be addicted to eating drywall - I don't think it's an issue that addition to gaming exists.

Pretty sure addition to everything exists by now.
    Pretty much this. Anything that triggers a dopamine release in the brain can become addictive. Not like heroin addiction, but more of a psychological addiction.

That said, video games only ruin aspects of your life if you allow them to. People need to start having some personal responsibility before blaming everything on anything but themselves.

I don't doubt that gaming has a negative effect on a social life.

But so does TV.

I think that effect is highly exaggerated.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I gues you are comfortable with being an ignorant. Because something that doesn't support your view of the world must be wrong. How dumb one has to be to claim that friends you make over internet are real. They real people and most often act more honestly than anyone you meet irl. Some us are't lucky enough to find our soulmates irl therefor we look further using technology. It's sad that people can't understand that simple concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    The way you express your thoughts doesn't point to an open mind. If you find people misreading your words maybe you should work more on what you actually trying to communicate.

You do realize how shallow those questions are? And you wonder why people get the impression that you are an ignorant.

What does it matter if I've met someone irl? What does it matter how many I've met irl and what I did with them? What matters is that those people mean a lot to me, I spend a lot of time with them talking and having fun. Also, I have already been shown I can count on some of them when I need help. Some of them I did meet irl, some I haven't yet, some I won't cause they live too far but that doesn't make them any less valuable. And well, those friendships are better than anything I have encountered irl before I started playing computer games.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 11:11 AM ----------

Over 10 years of studies and still no solid proof.

Anyway, I am not saying that I'm 100% it doesn't exists but that people label different disorders and mental issue with gaming addiction far too easily simply because excessive gaming is a symptom of many problems. Even if it does exist it's a rare disorder.
    thats twice now.
    "open mind" ??? you dont have that at all, because an open mind would recognize that it is entirely possible to disagree with someone without resorting to name calling and insults.
    "misreading" ??? i think you intentionally misread not just my posts but many others as well just to snipe at them.

your signature may be a Worgen, but personally i think you should race-change to Troll, it would suit you better.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    In a world where people can be addicted to eating drywall - I don't think it's an issue that addition to gaming exists.

Pretty sure addition to everything exists by now.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 12:03 PM ----------

I have several friends I've met through online who I've done plenty of activities with, including visiting trips and restaurant birthdays and yadayadayada

As a percent of people I've met in WoW or other online games, it would be low, mainly because you meet so many people it would be ridiculous to be close friends with them all. It's like saying you still hang out with every single person you went to highschool with - personally I see maybe 5 regularly if that.

As to wanting to socialize with, well for the closer ones there are plenty I would hang out with externally, obviously not all of them as some are purely online relationships where we might not have much else in common, but I wouldn't dismiss online relationships so easily.
    i too have made good friends through gaming experiences, i suppose i could have worded it better, but my point i was trying to imply was how many of the individuals you encounter on a whole would you want to socialize with. because lets face it, of the gaming community there is a great majority that anyone would have to stand there and seriously consider whether or not to pull from a burning car...

Infracted: Don't call someone else a troll.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-03-29 at 06:15 AM.

I play games. Tuesday I took a girl I like out to dinner. WoW didn't stop me from taking her out, so...

Deleted
    I find it ironic how she's talking about how kids cant discern fiction from reality, then starts talking about religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying I had a social life to destroy in the first place.

There are some good arguments for the fact that video games can create problems, unfortunately the lady who did this video did not present them very coherently. You can't just say that you 'have only 1 life' and then claim that there is some sort of theological afterlife where you will go to hell if you don't do what the all powerful spaghetti monster in the sky tells you to.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I'm someone who's socially awkward and a bit reclusive anyways. Video games, especially computer games, have actually done wonders for my social life by meeting other people in the state I'm in who I've then hung out many times, gone to gaming competitions, etc. I likely wouldn't have made the amount friends I have going to a bar or club and being shy, nervous, and uncomfortable and would have zero social life at all.

But yeah, too much of anything is bad. You have to find a balance in all things. I go to work, go to the gym, and choose to play video games instead of bar hopping or going to frat parties like many others my age.