Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Would Mitt Romney have been a far better president?

I'm fairly certain it was not due to voting (obviously), that Obama got re-elected, but through shady media manipulation, but what's done is done.

Now, this is entirely hypothetical, but do you think Romney would arguably be better than Obama as a leader? Considering his lack of progress (Obama), it made me wonder.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

This bit of text: " but through shady media manipulation" made you lose all credibility, and its probably gonna derail your thread.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    This bit of text: " but through shady media manipulation" made you lose all credibility, and its probably gonna derail your thread.
    There's nothing wrong with it. It's just how the world works, but it's not necessarily the point.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Nope, he considered middle class citizens as "You make 80k-120k a year" He would have lowered taxes for those people and raised taxes for the ACTUAL middle class people. Now I don't agree with Obamas views either, but hes better than Romney.

Pfftahahahahahahahaahhaahah. Seriously? Shady media manipulation? Hilarious.

No. He'd be just as shit. Politics has turned into a strutting match between gamecocks over the last several decades, with the media being all too happy to facilitate and even force it. We'll get over it eventually, but for the nonce we're stuck with bullshit until we find some way to make people pay attention again.

Romney, Obama, Republican, Democrat. New boss, same as the old boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Nope, he considered middle class citizens as "You make 80k-120k a year" He would have lowered taxes for those people and raised taxes for the ACTUAL middle class people. Now I don't agree with Obamas views either, but hes better than Romney.
    You mean, exactly like what has already happened, and will keep happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post

No. He'd be just as shit. Politics has turned into a strutting match between gamecocks over the last several decades, with the media being all too happy to facilitate and even force it. We'll get over it eventually, but for the nonce we're stuck with bullshit until we find some way to make people pay attention again.

I agree. Some things would likely have been better, some things worse.

I don't know. Who he was in primaries and who he was in the general election were two different people, so I don't know which one would be in office.

I'm pretty displeased with Obama this time around, but I'm not really sure Romney would be better at all. Even if Romney would have been better, I seriously doubt he would be "far better".

That being said, I did feel we had a choice this time. The Ds had to invent some pretty crazy ways to slam Romney, to make him look out of touch. He wasn't a George Bush, is what I'm saying.

Regardless, it's difficult to vote against an incumbent, unless he has egregiously lied or royally fucked up. I'd say Obama has done neither of those two things. Though, there's still a few more years to go, so, who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I'm fairly certain it was not due to voting (obviously), that Obama got re-elected, but through shady media manipulation, but what's done is done.
    I know to your kind your media is some evil liberal conspiracy group, but how would the media falsify the vote results, and even in an obvious way? Obama was obviously not voted, but how? Gerrymandering, but that helped your party, Election machines, but they are controlled by friends of Bush and partners of Romney... And none of that is even the media.

For Romney himself... Italy wasn't really well off ruled by a similar slimy oligarch with questionable ethics and dubious sources of his wealth

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post

I wouldn't mind the shady media manipulation comment, if he can admit the Bush family rigged FL ...

because I agree with you; all the peacocks strutting their feathers ... at least the ones that get the coverage, were all bought and paid for by the same money in the end.

Not enough people were disgusted with the bragging of how much funds were raised while people starved and were homeless because of the bubbles they created and popped, while banks got bailouts and the people that paid the taxes for the bailouts lost their jobs and their homes.

but hey! let's pretend the two jack holes that were running were much different from each other, or what we've had for a while. Anyone worth while won't get the attention, and if they do, and win, they get the special treatment ... they ruin them if they can, eliminate them if they can't tarnish them enough.

Our democratically elected constitutional republic needs some love (and the removal of the electoral college)

I know next to nothing about politics and all that stuff, but I can make a safe bet that it doesn't matter who is president. People expect change over night, but it's not going to happen. It's going to take years. IMO Obama is trying to clean up the mess that was left behind.

"Shady media manipulation" as in...we got to see both his faux persona as well as his true feelings (Through the 47% videos/ect) and decided as a nation that he was a basically a sociopath willing to say anything to get more power? I always found the argument that Romney didn't get enough media presence or unfair attention interesting. Mitt Romney not only had the most popular "news" organization on his side the entire time, but frequently topped the headlines for no other reason than he said something stupid of his own accord. I think the media in this country is absolutely terrible, but you can't point to them reporting on things the person said and then go "UNFAIR REPRESENTATION!"

The answer to your question, though, is no. Obama isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but average is far better than terrible.

I am certain, though, that this thread, with the way the OP wrote it, was meant as nothing but an incendiary thread where people fought with one another and no actual discussion occurred. I suppose, looking back at my first paragraph, mission successful.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-03-24 at 07:09 AM.

I don't think media manipulation had anything to do with it, or at least very little. The lazy handout, low moral liberal population of America wasn't going to let Obama lose, regardless of anything else. But yes, Romney was a better choice. At this point though, I really doubt it'll matter who's President. We're already in too deep as it is, and both major parties suck in their own ways.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Media manipulation", so Fox was in on it too?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

15+ Year Old Account
    There was massive media manipulation in this last election, even more on Romney's side, but no amount of media manipulation could cover up the political double talk sewage that spilled forth from Romney's mouth.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So Salandrin is a Pro-Romney eh? Huh, that explains *so* much...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hell yeah he would have!

That is, if you're like me and are looking forward to the Zombie Apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol love that video

Deleted
    What makes you think Romney would have been better at all? A lying a-hole with delusions of grandeur and apocalyptic prophecies, that would sacrifice everything for wild capitalism and hinder scientific research, a dandy dude to continue the policies that bought economic growth at the expense of the future? Hell, no! Obama was the lesser of the two evils, and I think that future is coming to bite us, really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post

Now, this is entirely hypothetical, but do you think Romney would arguably be better than Obama as a leader? Considering his lack of progress (Obama), it made me wonder.

elections have consequences and obama won in a landslide no bigger reelection margin for a democratic party president in generations.