Deleted

what some one pointed out in the 5.3 seems kinda funny

So I really think "Hearthstone" and the 5.3 patch notes are both early April Fool's Day jokes and here's why:

Windwalker

Legacy of the Emperor had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 6%.
    Legacy of the White Tiger had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 6%.

Windwalkers don't use mana, Mistweavers do. It also seems weird that the only class changes coming so far are nerfs to the mana costs of buffs especially since they were JUST nerfed in 5.2.

There's also numerous other things that point to it being an April Fool's Day joke such as:

Pet Battles
    Dueling for Pet Battles are now available in all dungeons and raids. Enjoy! (When have you ever heard REAL patch notes say, "Enjoy!"?

Unclaimed Black Market Containers are now available on the Black Market Auction House. What's inside? It's a mystery! When opened, the container has a chance to contain any item that can be available on the BMAH. (This one really points to an April Fool's Day joke to me.)

There's also some changes to SSC and TK which seems really weird that we'd be seeing development time go to BC raids that are easily soloed by level 90's. And even if they can't be soloed by 90's why would they go back and change these raids when you can very easily just form a raid for them and do them normally?

I don't know, maybe I'm too cynical but "Hearthstone" and the patch 5.3 notes seem a little off to me. Especially when you consider that 5.2 went live less than 3 weeks ago it just doesn't seem like that the 5.3 patch notes will be out already. Maybe I'm wrong but something just feels off...

I swear I read this exact same post a day ago or something... repost?

Its not an April fools joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Being able to Pet Duel in Raids / Instances is good, if the patch notes are all real duelling during breaks is nice.

I imagine the BC raid nerfs are related to the BC raid pets Cory Stockton talked about on twitter around the beginning of the 5.2 PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Binxi1 View Post
    So I really think "Hearthstone" and the 5.3 patch notes are both early April Fool's Day jokes and here's why:
    1. It's not even april ANYWHERE in the world.

2. Even for a bad joke, that's very bad, not even a smile-worthy

3. BC raid changes hardly take any development time, someone could have done it on their tablet on a ride home.

Windwalker

Windwalkers don't use mana, Mistweavers do. It also seems weird that the only class changes coming so far are nerfs to the mana costs of buffs especially since they were JUST nerfed in 5.2.
    Mana was a typo and it was fixed not long after.

There's also numerous other things that point to it being an April Fool's Day joke such as:

Pet Battles
    Dueling for Pet Battles are now available in all dungeons and raids. Enjoy! (When have you ever heard REAL patch notes say, "Enjoy!"?
    They often use funny quirps in patch notes this is nothing new, and people had been asking for the ability to beable to battle while in dungeons and raids for those times when waiting about for people or between wipes etc.

Unclaimed Black Market Containers are now available on the Black Market Auction House. What's inside? It's a mystery! When opened, the container has a chance to contain any item that can be available on the BMAH. (This one really points to an April Fool's Day joke to me.)
    Similar to Landros Gift box item from TCG http://www.wowhead.com/item=54218/landros-gift-box just another little lotto box.

There's also some changes to SSC and TK which seems really weird that we'd be seeing development time go to BC raids that are easily soloed by level 90's. And even if they can't be soloed by 90's why would they go back and change these raids when you can very easily just form a raid for them and do them normally?

I don't know, maybe I'm too cynical but "Hearthstone" and the patch 5.3 notes seem a little off to me. Especially when you consider that 5.2 went live less than 3 weeks ago it just doesn't seem like that the 5.3 patch notes will be out already. Maybe I'm wrong but something just feels off...
    They also changed boss mechanics of some vanilla bosses when they put dropable pets in MC/AQ/Naxx etc.

Not sure what the guy that originally posted this on the main forums was thinking to be honest. And we're a week away from April 1st.

People don't understand how April Fool's Day works. You do it on April Fool's Day. That's it.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

All I see is a possible mistype, a cool TCG game, which may be very fun, and a few normal changes. They have made several old school raids solo friendly so people can obtain transmogs and the added boss pet drops. A mystery box on the BMAH that will likely sell for 10k+ gold that is a gamble on what you get, whats so "april fools" about that? Its just another gold sink. And whats so "april fools" about being able to pet battle when waiting for your raiders to show up or waiting to fill a party when raiding/dungeons? Don't see how any of this points to an April fools joke.....

10+ Year Old Account

Windwalker

Pet Battles

they look real, they smell real, they read like they are real... if you have some real evidence that they aren't then lets see it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    You just took that from a post in US forums, that even had a blue post saying that it wasn't an April's fool joke...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I swear I read this exact same post a day ago or something... repost?

Its not an April fools joke.
    It was posted on official forum thats why.

With that said this is not an april fools. The post even got a reply that they wrote the mana thing wrong and already changed it, don't just copy paste your old thread to a new forum when you get shot down. With that said why would Hearthstone be a April's Fool when they had a full working prototype/beta at PAX? It seems like to much job to get that done compared to any other April's Fool.

With the old raid changes, they have always done those. Why should it matter if both are from the same expansion? Also "Enjoy!" says nothing about being April's Fool or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya know to "waste" money and have an press release at PAX for a April fools joke? sorry but no.

Deleted
    Are we really going to continue down this path of labeling everything that does not meet our expectations as an "April Fool's"? Whatever happened to the good old fashioned response of "this looks completely crap"? You young people are too ironic for me I guess. Or stupid. One of the two.

Deleted

Windwalker

Pet Battles

Nobody does an april 1st this far ahead, I highly doubt it's a troll and the mistake they made could easily be a typo.

5.0 - 5.1 PTR - 5.1 LAUNCH -- 25/09/2012 - (+ 2 weeks) - 12/10/2012 (+ ?-7 weeks) - 27/11/2012
    5.2 - 5.3 PTR - 5.3 LAUNCH -- 05/03/2013 - (+ 3 weeks) - 26/03/2013 (+ 5-7 weeks) - 30/04/2013 OR 07/05/2013 OR 14/05/2013

I expect PTR to be up before or after next weeks reset. Personally I think 7th of may seems most accurate possible 5.3 launch date.

I think this April fools they'll reveal the actual expansion and tell us this expansion is a sham