10m H Horridon help as Ele...

We've been trying to progress on this boss for the last week and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Ive looked at other logs and my damage is not all that great compared to other Elementals that Ive seen. I understand that this fight is mostly CL spam, and its what I am trying to do while weaving in LvB and ES for Fulmination procs, but when I look at other logs of similar length to our wipes, other Ele shamans are literally double what I am with CL damage. Could someone look through my logs and give me some pointers please?

Any help would be appreciated.

(Cant post any links but guild is "PRAISE RALF TEH DEER IS BACK" of US Norgannon

I'm the only shaman in the group.

Apologies.....wrong guild name on WoL, guild changes it frequently.
    Last edited by wildwrx; 2013-03-24 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are the guilds that have logs up on the server you mentioned.

Doesn't look yours is in there.

Edit: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/35716/. Seeing as you said you are the only shaman in that raid team, this must be your logs then. 'PRAISE RALF TEH DEER IS BACK ' is a just a little bit different than 'Echelon'.
    Last edited by zenga; 2013-03-24 at 02:56 PM.

Ah yes, my apologies, guild changes it often on WoL.

Here's a few tips from our attempts.

1) Use ascendance on the start....it will be back up for the second door, and you can use it for lava beams...I know some people like to save Lava Beams for the first door but honestly tge first door is easy and the second door is not so much ....it will again be up for the last door

2) if theres 3 targets dont even bother with Lava burst/fulmination. Just AOE shit down and let your single target heavy hitters do the heavy lifting on the focused mobs

3) EM is a great talent on this fight. Its up on every door and real useful when shit gets crazy

4) Reforge all your mastery into crit while retaining whatever haste you have. Mastery is awful on this fight with all the chain lightning and crit will be by far and away your best stat. All that while being a very tiny single target dps loss

Edit: Almost forgot.....when you do use Lava Beams, be sure not to cast it on the focused target, lava beams damage increases by 10% with each jump....so let it jump onto the focused target
    Last edited by Gendori; 2013-03-24 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post

1) Use ascendance on the start....it will be back up for the second door, and you can use it for lava beams...I know some people like to save Lava Beams for the first door but honestly tge first door is easy and the second door is not so much ....it will again be up for the last door

2) if theres 3 targets dont even bother with Lava burst/fulmination. Just AOE shit down and let your single target heavy hitters do the heavy lifting on the focused mobs

3) EM is a great talent on this fight. Its up on every door and real useful when shit gets crazy

4) Reforge all your mastery into crit while retaining whatever haste you have. Mastery is awful on this fight with all the chain lightning and crit will be by far and away your best stat. All that while being a very tiny single target dps loss
    1) I normally do use Ascendance on the pull as we're backing him up to the first door, then I save it for the 3rd door which is where things start going south for us very quickly.

2) Thanks for this, I wasnt sure if I should stop weaving in lvb and es.

3) Will try this out tonight.

4) I have been running sims for the past 3 days for this fight and with 3/4 targets and crit has been coming out on top, I was considering reforging Mastery to crit for tonights attempts but wasnt sure it SimC was giving erroneous statweights or not.

Deleted

Edit: Almost forgot.....when you do use Lava Beams, be sure not to cast it on the focused target, lava beams damage increases by 10% with each jump....so let it jump onto the focused target
    1: you don't really wanna use ascendance on the last door since it's usually needed for the war god.

2: Just no, this will 100% slow your progress, first door and 2nd door you can CL quite alot, but 3rd and 4th door you really need to do single target on the important adds and CL as filler.

3: Em could be good, i personally prefer EB.

4: could work, i dont have any personal expirience with this.

1) I used ascendance for the boss, 2nd door, 4th door, and horridon at the end.

2) Aoe on 1st and 2nd door, 3rd is mostly single targetting the frozen warlords, 4th is aoe I found

3) I used EoE and EB, EoE works better for chain lightning then EM does

4) I think I used mixture of haste and mastery, like 43% mastery and rest haste - would of been around 23%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJe8a6YAivA - PoV of my kill if you're interested, pulled around 180k dps - I think I was 3rd on dps not sure.

These macros work well for the direhorn spirit

/target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Unleash Elements
    /targetlasttarget

/target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Wind Shear
    /targetlasttarget