Thread: Unholy diseases

Deleted

Unholy diseases

Hi!
    I'm curious about unholy diseases works. I was wondering if choosing rolling blood will affect the the amount my diseases tick for.
    Since rolling blood refreshes diseases when one blood boils off a diseased target does this mean that it will refresh the diseases i put up when i hade more strength from procs with less powerful diseases?

I hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say.
    Thanks in advance.

Yes and no. Rolling Blood pestilences off of the closest target that you have diseases on. So, if you have buffed diseases on a single mob, hit BB it will spread from that mob. If you hit BB again, it will calculate the closest target with diseases and spread from there, so if that original target isn't the closest, you will overwrite your original diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Naphtha View Post
    Yes and no. Rolling Blood pestilences off of the closest target that you have diseases on. So, if you have buffed diseases on a single mob, hit BB it will spread from that mob. If you hit BB again, it will calculate the closest target with diseases and spread from there, so if that original target isn't the closest, you will overwrite your original diseases.
    Just because this makes it sound iffy, clarify please. If what you say is true, then if you blood boil back the empowered diseases from target 2, onto target 1, wouldn't the empowered dots come back refreshed on target 1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Just because this makes it sound iffy, clarify please. If what you say is true, then if you blood boil back the empowered diseases from target 2, onto target 1, wouldn't the empowered dots come back refreshed on target 1?
    Let's say you have procs and potions and stuff that increase your strength by 10000 for a short time. You Blood Boil to spread to the things near you with that up. The buffed diseases go out to everything and are recalculated. If you then Blood Boil after those procs wear off, your diseases will be spread again, and again recalculate, putting lesser diseases out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Let's say you have procs and potions and stuff that increase your strength by 10000 for a short time. You Blood Boil to spread to the things near you with that up. The buffed diseases go out to everything and are recalculated. If you then Blood Boil after those procs wear off, your diseases will be spread again, and again recalculate, putting lesser diseases out.
    To add to that, if you blood boil and your nearest target is one with the 'wet noodle' diseases then those are the ones spread back (potentially) to your original mob, overwriting your big boy diseases.

So are you saying that when you pestilence it spreads diseases with with a snapshot of your current stats as opposed to spreading the empowered ones?

I haven't played Unholy much recently but I'm getting back into it, I MS Blood and I'm pretty sure that when I spread diseases with Roiling Blood it spreads the ones that I applied when I had tons of vengeance, though it may have something to do with BB refreshing diseases as Blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkner View Post
    So are you saying that when you pestilence it spreads diseases with with a snapshot of your current stats as opposed to spreading the empowered ones?

I haven't played Unholy much recently but I'm getting back into it, I MS Blood and I'm pretty sure that when I spread diseases with Roiling Blood it spreads the ones that I applied when I had tons of vengeance, though it may have something to do with BB refreshing diseases as Blood.
    That is exactly what I am saying.
    Like other people said, it spreads diseases from the one closest to you, so give the empowered one a hug. But keep in mind that any diseases spread from that will not be empowered, you will just keep that one mob's from being overwritten.

That is exactly what I am saying.
    Like other people said, it spreads diseases from the one closest to you, so give the empowered one a hug. But keep in mind that any diseases spread from that will not be empowered, you will just keep that one mob's from being overwritten.
    The extra damage of 1 BB is possibly not worth the risk of losing your empowered diseases, so tread carefully...
    Pestilence keeps your empowered diseases "safe", Roiling Blood can be a gamble.

BB as Blood reapplies (new snapshot) your diseases and doesn't extend them like Festering Strike.

Does debuff snapshotting really still work? I was quite sure that this wasn't the case for quite a while now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Does debuff snapshotting really still work? I was quite sure that this wasn't the case for quite a while now.
    Please read the countless threads talking about the merits of exactly this tactic all over the forums before making comments like that.

Only for DK diseases, the DoTs of other classes (mainly noticed by spriest, warlock, druid) update dynamically.

And when going for a good snapshot always remember: snapshots only take modifiers into account that are on you, debuffs/buffs on the enemy don't provide any benefit when they run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Only for DK diseases, the DoTs of other classes (mainly noticed by spriest, warlock, druid) update dynamically.

And when going for a good snapshot always remember: snapshots only take modifiers into account that are on you, debuffs/buffs on the enemy don't provide any benefit when they run out.
    no, every single class snapshots now. GC changed it so that all the casters, at least, can snapshot the unerring vision of lei shen for DoTs to have 100% for that application. only classes i'm not sure about are warrior and feral bleeds, and rogue poisons

Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
    no, every single class snapshots now. GC changed it so that all the casters, at least, can snapshot the unerring vision of lei shen for DoTs to have 100% for that application. only classes i'm not sure about are warrior and feral bleeds, and rogue poisons
    All you need to do to test this is fight the mobs on the Isle of Thunder that drop the rune that increases crit chance by 100%, on my boomkin if I have my dots up before I step in they dont switch to auto critting all the time, I have to reapp them. So yes, snapshotting. (when I step back out they cont to 100% crit)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    All you need to do to test this is fight the mobs on the Isle of Thunder that drop the rune that increases crit chance by 100%, on my boomkin if I have my dots up before I step in they dont switch to auto critting all the time, I have to reapp them. So yes, snapshotting. (when I step back out they cont to 100% crit)
    Yes, because own buffs are snapshot while target's debuffs update your dots damage dynamically.

What I didn't udnerstand though was the following

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    The extra damage of 1 BB is possibly not worth the risk of losing your empowered diseases, so tread carefully...
    Pestilence keeps your empowered diseases "safe", Roiling Blood can be a gamble.

BB as Blood reapplies (new snapshot) your diseases and doesn't extend them like Festering Strike.
    What do you mean here by "Pestilence keeps your empowered diseases "safe"" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    What do you mean here by "Pestilence keeps your empowered diseases "safe"" ?
    Means you'll never accidentally spread diseases to the boss with Roiling Blood, resnapshotting them. If you use pestilence manually you always know where the diseases are coming from and where they'll go to, so you can't accidentally overwrite your super-AIDS.

Do DK Dot's update when new debuffs are applied to a boss? For example the extra damage on Horridon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Means you'll never accidentally spread diseases to the boss with Roiling Blood, resnapshotting them. If you use pestilence manually you always know where the diseases are coming from and where they'll go to, so you can't accidentally overwrite your super-AIDS.
    Ah because Pestilence needs a target while Blood Boil can be cast with no target. Hmm... That will make me think again on first tier talent. Unless one would change the talent on boss since blood boil is king at trash.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    Do DK Dot's update when new debuffs are applied to a boss? For example the extra damage on Horridon.
    All dots in the game do.