Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Why always the Horde?

Rant

I'm a bit sick of seeing my faction always used to build villains, from cataclysm to mop the horde has been systematically dismantled till the point that is nearly destroyed, thrall left, caime got killed, voljin nearly killed, the trolls/taurens and belf wanna leave and the forsaken are acting like the scourge, your capital will be used for the raid and Garrosh has become a psyco and will most likely be killed in 5.4.
    Can blizzard gtfo and put some burdens on the alliance? Some internal conflict? A leader going crazy? Something that need the help off the Horde and show that we are not a bunch of crazy monsters?

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

sorry, but your getting all the attention so to speak, and people complain

gets ignored, people complain their getting no attention

Regardless, think your looking to much into it

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde barely had villains, outside Garrosh.
    I think you see them as Villians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Rant

I'm a bit sick of seeing my faction always used to build villains, from cataclysm to mop the horde has been systematically dismantled till the point that is nearly destroyed, thrall left, caime got killed, voljin nearly killed, the trolls/taurens and belf wanna leave and the forsaken are acting like the scourge, your capital will be used for the raid and Garrosh has become a psyco and will most likely be killed in 5.4.
    Can blizzard gtfo and put some burdens on the alliance? Some internal conflict? A leader going crazy? Something that need the help off the Horde and show that we are not a bunch of crazy monsters?

/rant
    The Alliance unfortunately don't really have problems with lines of leadership now that Staghelm is gone. If you look at it the Alliance leadership is now as stable as the Horde's was when WOW came out. Plus the Horde power structure is fluid enough for bad leaders to rise, but the Alliance power structure is nearly all some form of monarchy with the exception of the gnomes. An Alliance leader is less likely to be removed unless they build an entire multi expansion story arch around it, but to do that they would have to build up a valid successor which only the Dwarves and Humans have.

In the case of Garrosh he knows nothing about the Orc culture really and has done everything in his power to prevent another leader from challenging his position in the traditional way so they have to go into full revolt in order to remove him from power.

Deleted
    Rant

/rant
    So Jaina's berserk in Dalaran is not "A leader going crazy?"

You're biased.

Metzen told us all that a time of bleakness and upheaval was coming soon, and he urged us to not despair in the mean time, and to remember that dark and bleak times are necessary to give a cause for the rise of great heroes. The Alliance has seen it's dominance of the known world threatened and broken, which is intended to be the reflection of the Horde's current political turmoil.

We are both meant to be in a time of identity crisis. You're supposed to feel like this is a time of strife and that you're getting kicked while you are down or you're getting to kick someone when they are down (which should give some of you pause to consider what it feels like to do that to someone). The story is doing it's job, no matter how many arm chair critics want to dismiss is as superficial and recycled, the lores serves it's purpose quite well when it comes to making you passionate about the events and the characters, as much as people belittle them for being unsophisticated, these larger than life archetypes resound with concepts we all value.

But it's not supposed to be balanced between he factions equally, this strife and change. That would be artificial and contrived, so people bicker over equivocation and blame, meanwhile, Blizzard wanted you to be bickering over blame and equivocation, which is the beauty of it. It's like football or basketball fans, only sports suck ass and fantasy kicks ass.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Rant

/rant
    Stagholm went crazy.
    The dwarfs leaders have been locked in a struggle for leadership for like 2 maybe 3 years now (my time-line isnt functioning today)
    Jaina is off her rocker off and on these days.
    Anduin is being a troubled teen getting in the way of everything
    Varian is changing because of anduin
    The gnomes still haven't taken gnomergon
    Genn is...doing something...i think.. nope.
    Draenei are still stuck in tbc times.
    Alliance built arthas to what he was.
    We housed onyxia in stormwind for months without a clue

Meanwhile for horde. Thrall.thrall.thrall. Let us have our moment. We've been waiting for 7 years
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    So Jaina's berserk in Dalaran is not "A leader going crazy?"
    I see a lot of poeple say this, to me she seems pretty normal/human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really disagree. If anything I'd say the Horde are currently getting more interesting lore. While Garrosh is becoming more and more the villain, we have those that will be a counter to that. Even though at the moment we have more bad things happening then good, it's typically how a story works. As we are most likely only half way though this story.

Plus it would be pretty boring if all the leaders agreed and liked each other.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    I think they are talking about the fact she is a walking PTSD billboard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    I would not call purging an entire city normal, even after what the Horde did.

Deleted
    You were always the villains. From the very beginning, in Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and the beginning of WoW, the Horde was always the faction that invaded Alliance territory unprovokedly and housed lunatics like the Forsaken, who only want to destroy life. You picked the wrong faction I would say.

Deleted
    just saying i like Garrosh

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Your were always the villains. From the very beginning, in Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and the beginning of WoW, the Horde was always the faction that invaded Alliance territory unprovokedly and housed lunatics like the Forsaken, who only want to destroy life. You picked the wrong faction I would say.
    Do you really have to do this when time and time again you haven't been able to support your examples to properly support your premise? Blizzard since the beginning has kept the Horde in a grey area and the Alliance even in Warcraft 2 was in a limbo because the story was told in pov not in any true third person prospective.

You were always the villains. From the very beginning, in Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and the beginning of WoW, the Horde was always the faction that invaded Alliance territory unprovokedly and housed lunatics like the Forsaken, who only want to destroy life. You picked the wrong faction I would say.
    Nope is Blizzard that avoid trouble for the alliance, there are alot of good hint to write a good story but i suspect that alliance's players will be very pissed if blizzard do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Stagholm went crazy.
    The dwarfs leaders have been locked in a struggle for leadership for like 2 maybe 3 years now (my time-line isnt functioning today)
    Jaina is off her rocker off and on these days.
    Anduin is being a troubled teen getting in the way of everything
    Varian is changing because of anduin
    The gnomes still haven't taken gnomergon
    Genn is...doing something...i think.. nope.
    Draenei are still stuck in tbc times.
    Alliance built arthas to what he was.
    We housed onyxia in stormwind for months without a clue

Meanwhile for horde. Thrall.thrall.thrall. Let us have our moment. We've been waiting for 7 years
    If they dedicated 2 entire xpack to the alliance i'm totally fine but why to give alliance the spotlight the horde need to be dismantled? Make a story where the alliance has internal problems and let them sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    I really disagree. If anything I'd say the Horde are currently getting more interesting lore. While Garrosh is becoming more and more the villain, we have those that will be a counter to that. Even though at the moment we have more bad things happening then good, it's typically how a story works. As we are most likely only half way though this story.

Plus it would be pretty boring if all the leaders agreed and liked each other.
    Yes interesting but then again why always the horde? this is my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnoyingRight View Post
    Do you really have to do this when time and time again you haven't been able to support your examples to properly support your premise? Blizzard since the beginning has kept the Horde in a grey area and the Alliance even in Warcraft 2 was in a limbo because the story was told in pov not in any true third person prospective.
    Yeah that's why they, since the beginning, started to invade Alliance territory for no other reason than "we want it" and why they developed a plague that was meant to destroy all life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's why they, since the beginning, started to invade Alliance territory for no other reason than "we want it" and why they developed a plague that was meant to destroy all life.
    Yup. I can't believe how much "Blowing up their own planet and then conquering Azeroth because of said planet" is overlooked.

Deleted
    The Horde have always been the darker faction, it's no surprise a surplus of villains spawn from it's ranks. If you wanted the moral faction fighting for peace and justice you picked the wrong guys, The Horde is littered with moral intrigue and some very dark places as well as unlikely and sometimes tragic heroes.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You still aren't supporting your premise with evidence that makes them the evil ones? Yes they tend to be the darker faction, but your not establishing them as actually evil just that some of their actions make them the villian and despite what you think villians aren't always evil. The Alliance have invaded Horde lands too http://www.wowpedia.org/Honor%27s_Stand and by all accounts used many of the same tactics. It is a war and all your doing is trying to get people to argue with you so you can think your right can't you leave the OP's thread to open discussion instead of making it a faction fight where you are in fact the only person arguing without documented proof.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnoyingRight View Post
    The Alliance unfortunately don't really have problems with lines of leadership now that Staghelm is gone. If you look at it the Alliance leadership is now as stable as the Horde's was when WOW came out. Plus the Horde power structure is fluid enough for bad leaders to rise, but the Alliance power structure is nearly all some form of monarchy with the exception of the gnomes. An Alliance leader is less likely to be removed unless they build an entire multi expansion story arch around it, but to do that they would have to build up a valid successor which only the Dwarves and Humans have.

In the case of Garrosh he knows nothing about the Orc culture really and has done everything in his power to prevent another leader from challenging his position in the traditional way so they have to go into full revolt in order to remove him from power.
    The Ironforge "council" doesn't seem very stable ...

Humans were "leaderless" (unless you consider being manipulated by the Black Dragonflight leadership) for most of WoW's existence.