[Disc] When to give up t14 4p

Hey guys,

I currently own tier14 normal pieces (no heroic ._.) and I've gotten 2 522 pieces which would make me break my tier. You guys reckon this is worth it?

When would it be a good time to drop t14 4p?

TY

Deleted
    I wouldn't even consider it until I had two parts t15 and possibly not even then (assuming normal t14 pieces). (Upgraded) heroic t14 is something you would keep almost forever.

T14 4p is so strong for atonement right now. I wouldn't get rid of it before the item level gap becomes noticeable. Also it is quite dependant on how you play and build your stats. Best way is to make some testing in lfr or farm raids so you will see the difference for yourself. For me, I just love the short penance cd too much at the moment.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never break the 4pc bonus until you have at least 2 pc t15 bonus and have checked to make sure it is better for you than 4 pc t14.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Break it for 2p T15 in 25M and keep 4pT14 in 10M. Probably switch it for the most Bosses.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2013-03-25 at 12:43 PM.

I broke my 4pc T14 for 2pc T15+ Robes, and Off Tier Shoulders & Helm. Being that I did not have fully heroic upgraded T14, the stat gap was just too huge to justify keeping T14 4pc. But, like cookie mentioned if you happen to have heroic upgraded T14 its safe to assume you should keep that until you get significant upgrades.

Deleted
    Planning change when I have at least 2 HC set pieces and even then very reluctantly. I was lucky enough to get 2 upgraded HC T14 (+1 normal upgraded + 1 normal), so the gap will only show later.
    BUT
    If Holy will shine in some HC I may consider getting T15 2piece for that sooner.

I have the T14 4 set, 2 pieces heroic with 1 upgraded 2/2 and 2 pieces just normal non upgraded pieces. I have unfortunately been rolling gear in ToT that is all non tier. I've rolled the Helix Breaker gloves (with 2 sockets), some pants, a helmet and shoulders, all non tier. Is it really not worth giving up the 4 set for heroic progression? I just feel like with the amount of stats, spirit, and health I gain it's too hard to pass up using none of that gear, especially the gloves with 2 sockets.

I'm probably wrong but it's just been pretty frustrating trying to figure out what I want to do with all this gear I have in my bags because other than valor items they are pretty much the only "upgrades" I've been getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had 4 pieces. Never got shoulders and chest (2HC/8NORMAL Shekzeer kills, 3HC/6NORMAL LeiShi kills). So I am glad I learn how to live without it
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliope View Post
    I have the T14 4 set, 2 pieces heroic with 1 upgraded 2/2 and 2 pieces just normal non upgraded pieces. I have unfortunately been rolling gear in ToT that is all non tier. I've rolled the Helix Breaker gloves (with 2 sockets), some pants, a helmet and shoulders, all non tier. Is it really not worth giving up the 4 set for heroic progression? I just feel like with the amount of stats, spirit, and health I gain it's too hard to pass up using none of that gear, especially the gloves with 2 sockets.

I'm probably wrong but it's just been pretty frustrating trying to figure out what I want to do with all this gear I have in my bags because other than valor items they are pretty much the only "upgrades" I've been getting.
    Weigh up the stat difference in the gear and make a judgement call. It seems to me like you have got quite a bit. It might be worth it.

4p is something like a 15-20% increase to your atonement output. If atonement is, say, 40% of your healing, you'd want to be making up 6-8% in throughput from the extra stats. I'd guesstimate this translates into something like 2-3k int...

Quote Originally Posted by Wuga View Post
    4p is something like a 15-20% increase to your atonement output. If atonement is, say, 40% of your healing, you'd want to be making up 6-8% in throughput from the extra stats. I'd guesstimate this translates into something like 2-3k int...
    Which, i would like to point out, isnt as clear cut and dry as looking at the INT differences. Also consider the SPI levels, and whether or not you will be able gem more INT. Not to mention the extra mastery, crit, or whatever you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Which, i would like to point out, isnt as clear cut and dry as looking at the INT differences. Also consider the SPI levels, and whether or not you will be able gem more INT. Not to mention the extra mastery, crit, or whatever you desire.
    Yeah, I think the pure int you'd need to pull an extra 6-8% would be closer to 4-5k (on average 1 int is probably a little under 2 hps, and I assumed 100k base hps). I just put a 50% haircut on that to account for the extra spi/mas/crit/etc. (hence the "guesstimate" ).

Another thing to consider is that the 4p (+pen glyph) often gives you near-resto druid levels of mobility, which can be a major advantage.

Yeah i am about to hit this issue myself. Now I am not in heroic gear, just the normal mode T14. Equiped IL at 502. And i now have 2 522 items. I am kinda thinking if I get 1-2 more or even my 2p, that the stat jump from 496 to 522 on 3 or more items would make up for the lack of Pens I toss out due to the longer CD. I know it sort of depends on peoples play styles, but I for one play heavy atonment on most fights. Somwhere in the 60-70% of my heals. So right now it is more about stats vs the 4p then the 2p vs the 4p, for me at least.... oh decisions..... BTW any advise or even some theorycrafted math on the subject would be nice to see. I know earlier people tossed out 2-3k int, but thats very nillywilly.

You can answer your own question very easily. Go to a target dummy with T14 4 pc and see what your dps is over a certain time length. Put on your new pieces and look at the dps.

Atonement healing is directly correlated to dps. If you dps more, you will heal for more. Things to consider of course are penance is a very mana efficient spell and you won't be able to move as freely. Theory math can't really account for movement either though... you'll just have to adjust your playstyle accordingly.

yeah thats very true, i will def try that out. Also has anyone who has dropped it started stacking a bit more haste to some what counter act the longer CD?