Poll: Which Expansion Was the Best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was my favorite time in WoW but it is not an xpack. I have played since the beginning and I am having the most fun now in MoP as far as expansions go. Vanilla is when my Glory Days were though.

It's not over yet, so my opinion may change, but thus far the current one is the best one in my view. TBC was my personal low point. The game had nowhere to go but up from there, and it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't hated Cata, i actually loved the 4.3 path, I love the Transmog option and i really liked the 4.3 dungeons (my favorite was End Time)

Vanilla (although not an expansion :P) was by far the best stage of this game - and I don't think the game can ever top that. Seriously, it was so much better than all the rest and I can't understand how anyone can disagree. Maybe if you are like 30+ and played a lot of EverQuest you might have had a more mature MMO-view at the time, in that case I can understand it perhaps - but even then WoW was really far ahead of anything else on the MMO scene at the time of its release.

For me WoW was my first MMO and I must have been like 15 or something when it came out. Everything seemed so huge and epic - and endless. Then by the time TBC came out you knew the game inside-and-out and you have ever since (which of course drains the epicness of the game and makes it less good). Of course TBC offered a huge improvement in most aspects of the game and things were still actually challenging - 5-mans were yet to become braindead-playable content. And Arena was new and kinda cool. So TBC would be second.

Wrath would be a third mostly because of having the best lore and awesome scenery the first time you leveled your way up to 80.

Pandaria would probobly be fourth, I think it seems really good from an objective point-of-view - although this is the expansion I finally got tired of the game, quit raiding and cancelled my subscription after having raided since vanilla.

But since I was kind of tired of the game all through Cataclysm aswell, just sticking around because of the people in the guild, I guess Cataclysm was actually worse because subjectively Cataclysm and Pandaria is probobly more or less a tie for me.

=)
    Last edited by Zarc; 2013-03-27 at 05:10 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play in Vanilla so my opinion of it doesn't count.

I loved TBC. That's when my original guild thrived. I miss the attunements for everything. I miss raiding in blues because epics were actually epic. I miss not having the information for every raid right in front of my face. I miss 25 mans.

Warth was pretty good. It was a nice break from the difficulty of TBC and it was also nice to faceroll most of the content.

Cata... jesus. Sure I was missing difficulty but they went overboard here. Heroics sucked dick and this is when the true daily grind began.

MoP is by far my least favorite. I hate the daily grind. I hate LFR, I already have to see the raid in raid nights why do I want to run it again at a lower difficulty with idiots just for the .0001% chance I might see some loot? Yes LFR is forced when you have crappy luck in regulars and NEED to get a piece of gear. I understand people complained about not having anything to do so they had to add 200 dailies but what's wrong with signing off of the damn game and playing something else? I just hate MoP. Not even for a moment have I liked it and if not for my raid team I would have quit by lvl 86.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's not over yet, so my opinion may change, but thus far the current one is the best one in my view. TBC was my personal low point. The game had nowhere to go but up from there, and it did.
    I highly suspect you did not play much or at all in BC. Just a feeling really but if I am wrong could you elaborate on how MOP was better than BC and why BC was your low point? This is just so unrealistic for me so I just wan to understand what I am missing here. I don't get it. I am sure you have your reasons..lets hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I highly suspect you did not play much or at all in BC. Just a feeling really but if I am wrong could you elaborate on how MOP was better than BC and why BC was your low point? This is just so unrealistic for me so I just wan to understand what I am missing here. I don't get it. I am sure you have your reasons..lets hear them.
    "Unrealistic?" I didn't like 5 mans that lasted over an hour, but I had to do them anyway because I was one of the guild's tanks, and I needed to attune new recruits to try to get 15 extra guys to get out of Karazhan, which my guild spent over a year in, and into SSC, which we could barely make any progress in because 90% of those same new recruits got poached by higher guilds who didn't feel like attuning their own people. And this was all capped by my guild, full of boon companions I had played alongside since the introduction of the moonkin, falling apart because they didn't like running goddamn Karazhan anymore.

That's why.

would be biased to pick tbc because thats when i started so I'll say wrath though as early as wotlk I began to dislike changes made to the game I guess I just dont like change but wrath was fun Mutilate pvp ftw.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For 1 month (December 7th - January 7th) Cata was the best, but then it went straight to hell.

Voted Pandaria because i liked aesthetics, not as generic as Northrend and not as messy as Outland.
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy420shizzle View Post
    Pretty disturbing people would choose MOP over Cataclysm.
    Why is that disturbing? Do you fine it more disturbing that I choose MoP over all the other expansions?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Mist of panderia is without question the bes expansion to date, every expansion has been a rather significant improvement on the previous.

however , my favourite and fondest memories come from WotLK, best and favourite are different

Rofl at these outdated poll results. Its always the same that people vote the current expansion when it just launched, happened with Cata and this was no different. Same thing will happen to WoD. These days MoP is considered by many to be even worse than Cata.

Lich King. The zones were pleasant to look at, the music amazing, the mounts sweet, and the armor/weapon models killer. ICC is easily one of the best raids ever, though admittedly ToC was a letdown. The first tier of raiding was also kind of weak; Maly or OS one should have been longer, a true dungeon with multiple bosses. The lack of a raid for the ancient spider kingdom was disappointing, too. But that Wrathgate event...holy shit, that was epic.

Hard to say, but overall, I think TBC, Wrath and MoP were fairly good in their own right. Cata started strong, IMO, but went down the shitter thereafter, so I think that's a clear winner for the crappiest expansion. If I had to pick one as the best, though, it would be Wrath very closely followed by TBC, though.

Wrath brought *a lot* of necessary changes to classes that made many specs viable (or at least sort of viable) for the first time ever. Plus Ulduar, and, IMO, the best continent of any expansion yet (though i thought Pandaria was kinda neat).

Edit: Damn necro'd threads, didn't even see that at first. Oh well.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-10-18 at 09:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria, loved the raids (except HoF, die in a fire), Story and the other content it brought.

Vanilla wasn't an expansion.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    So happy people can acknowledge that MoP was actually a pretty good expansion despite the CC hell and daily galore at the start. It has had some of the most solid raids in a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Vanilla wasn't an expansion.
    He's asking what the best state of the game was.

On topic - MoP

Tbc and wotlk hard to pick but both over all very good, mop is worst bad dungeons bad questing tho the raids were ok

BC was my personal favorite, but that has more to do with the fact that my guild was at its strongest, and all my best friends in the game were still playing at that time. We did pretty much everything together, whether it was world PvP events, dungeons, raids, etc.

Loved all the other expansions too, but I think I had more fun times in BC than any other.