Poll: Which Expansion Was the Best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wrath for me simply due to the fact that I had a great guild back then and made a lot of friends. Now I am all alone : ( thats why I quit 2 weeks ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    aaaaaaarrrggghhh :P
    Hmm ... touched a nerve it seems.

My vote goes to WotLK but if it was a multiple choice I would go for both MoP and WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC pressed all of my buttons. It had the groundbreaking hype, the right new features, the feeling of accomplishment, the varied new world, exclusive high end content, etc. Looking upon a full T6 player idling in Shatt was almost disquieting; you knew you'd never reach that high, and it was pretty awe-inspiring back then. I personally think evoking that feeling can be a healthy thing for MMORPGs.

Deleted
    Since Vanilla isn't an expansion - tbc/wotlk/mop

huh.

Looking at the polls, I guess this blows the whole "everyone hates the current expansion, and automatically thinks the last was the best" forum myth out of the water.

My vote for best: WotLK, TBC a very close second for being the most imaginative / ambitious expansion.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-03-25 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    Wrath was best, TBC I hated due to the instability it caused to guilds, terrible sci fi theme and butchering all the great characters of WC3 with no story. Oh and it invented setbacks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time I played was during BC, so it holds a lot of memories and nostalgia for me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the vanilla/tbc people have moved on. It's all just wrath babies voting for when they started playing now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for MoP but Cata is very close to it. And if you wonder why I liked Cata that much is because the most fun I've ever had in WoW was during Cata. MoP hasn't been as fun for me but there are other factors that make it a bit better (pandaren, good lore). But I don't really raid, except for a while during DS. I wouldn't call it casual because I actually play a lot during a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite was BC but it's now definitely MoP. BC is now my 2nd favorite then it's WotLK and Cata. MoP finally made it possible for me to experience the new raids that come out. I know it wasn't MoP that introduced LFR but back when they didn't have LFR there's was like no way I could get into raids because at the times my guild went, it was too late for me because I would be getting home from work just as they would start raiding. Now whenever they make a new raid all I have to do is gear up for it and put myself in queue and I can run it with no one bitching about my DPS or anything too. MoP just made everything better for me and it's way more fun than any of the other expansions.

Plus the fact that I'm really into Chinese/Japanese culture so with MoP being heavily Chinese themed with the music, lore, the Pandaren races, environments and the Monk class makes it even better of an expansion for me.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-03-25 at 03:06 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Let's be honest it's either TBC or WOTLK. But i think TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    The most popular answer since the day BC was released.
    Yep too true ;p

I think even though Cataclysm is undoubtedly ridden with major failures, the game overall's definitely gotten steadily better in nearly all ways since vanilla release. Often (not always ^) it's not the games that get worse, but us & our perception that gets more jaded over time.

I couldn't vote since the best wow expansion for me was not among the poll's list.. ;D

My Pick ~> ..AoM™ (WoW v7.0.3) [11.2015 ~ 05.2017] ;p
    >>> And then.. <<<

Deleted
    I think MoP is my favourite atm. However I did also love TBC and nostalgia always gets me in Outland. I probably would have voted that if I wasnt such a noob back then :P

Mists has been doing so incredibly well thus far, 5.2 even fixed up most of the previous flaws. I'm making sure to enjoy this expansion while it's here, because it's easily the best one yet imo. Mind you I've played since Vanilla, so I've seen it all, and I know all the flaws of the past expansions, and I'm always skeptical of Blizzard, but this expansion is just so fucking awesome, it puts the World and Warcraft back in World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Most of the vanilla/tbc people have moved on. It's all just wrath babies voting for when they started playing now.
    It always takes some time to get over nostalgia, I don't blame people who can't seem to remember WotLK's enormous flaws, because during WotLK I was being extremely nostalgic about Vanilla, when in reality it wasn't that good, it takes time to learn how to differ between nostalgia and the real deal. Of course that doesn't mean that all people who vote for WotLK does so for the sake of nostalgia, but it's definitely a handful who does that, same for TBC, I wish more people could look past memories and imagine how they'd react to the content if it was current.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-03-25 at 03:45 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    It always takes some time to get over nostalgia, I don't blame people who can't seem to remember WotLK's enormous flaws, because during WotLK I was being extremely nostalgic about Vanilla, when in reality it wasn't that good, it takes time to learn how to differ between nostalgia and the real deal. Of course that doesn't mean that all people who vote for WotLK does so for the sake of nostalgia, but it's definitely a handful who does that, same for TBC, I wish more people could look past memories and imagine how they'd react to the content if it was current.
    Agree. If people could look past their personal preferences and be objective, it would be a much easier poll because the only thing on there would be TBC. c'est la vie, let the dregs of society remain in their cesspool of mediocrity and failure.

Btw that poll fails because you can choose multiple options.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    The most popular answer since the day BC was released.
    And the poll results disagree with you.

Kinda a bad poll for allowing us to vote more options, that way you can't have a ''THE best'' poll.

Voted WotLK myself, pretty much everything was greater than what the other expansions have. Altrough I loved TBC's raiding model

Deleted
    WotLK. I have played just in WotLK, cata and MoP and WotLK was by far the best, then MoP which is slightly better than cata. In WotLK the game was new for me, had good raids and instances imo, a lot of miscellaneous stuff to do and brilliant PvP compared to cata and MoP at least.

Cata was just boring, had little content, bad to mediocre raids and horrible PvP, this made take a break a few times, the only time I took a break during WotLK was when the pre-cata shit occurred, and imo the game is always at it's worst during the pre-expansion stuff.

MoP is just slightly better than Cata, it has made me take a break already and the PvP is even worse now than what it was during cata. However, there is some other content which gives me something to do now and then so it keeps me playing as I lack other games to play. I give MoP a give minus for the asian theme as well, I just don't like it at all.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the feel of Wrath. There were a lot of quest lines that were meaningfully building up to some major event. My character felt like the hero he was supposed to be. Plus, I just like the undead as a villain.