Poll: Which Expansion Was the Best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    TBC and Ulduar.
    Ulduar isn't an expansion, but you get the point.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Not having an attunment doesn't mean someone is a bad player. Not having the gear doesn't mean someone is a bad player. Most of those with gear and attunments were a huge failures. Having time to play or switching guilds didn't mean someone had skill or was valuable for the guild. Therefor it's better to not have any artifitial blockers for the raid spot and let ONLY your skill decide - this is how it works nowadays.

Also, I see you prolly never really touched recruitment process. I was a guild leader and TBC model was the biggest guild leading nightmare ever.
    ive run 2 different guilds, but as i said i have never aspired to eliteness, and recruitment was never an issue.
    we played with friends (and rarely ran out of friends to fill the ranks), and it was much more fun than any of progression guilds ive also been part of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing in Burning Crusade and find myself drawn to it as it held great memories for me. I've enjoyed Wrath and MoP as well. Cataclysm was a disappointment for me. There was so much more they could have done with it when changing the face of Azeroth.

Also, just saying, Classic is not an expansion. It was a Platform. Anyone who voted Classic might not understand the difference.

Oh hey, one of these threads.

TBC>Wrath>MoP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crapa(Cata)

Only redeeming values for Cata were introducing RBGs, transmog, and to a lesser extent, LFR. I quit playing during Cata more times than I did the rest of the expansions (and classic) combined. Only came back because I had friends wanting me to pvp, else I would've never played again from the time 4.2 hit until MoP arrived.

Made a lot of friends in game during TBC that I still keep in touch with to this day. Wrath (to me) had the most enjoyable pvp, although by the end of the expansion it was exceptionally lame due to how much heroic ICC gear you needed to compete at the top. This is also skewed by the fact my main spec (ele shaman) was actually viable at that time.

Other than initially being alt hostile in comparison to Wrath and Cata, MoP has been really enjoyable...once I quelled my OCD and got all the damn rep/daily grinds out of the way.

Deleted
    Hello game fellas,

I play the game since Vanilla. Build over 50 chars(many deleted) and my playtime average is ~1-3 hrs. Count that some days I don’t play, some others, I play maybe 5-6 hrs.
    Over the years I hear the same and same debate about which is the best expansion and why. So I want so state my opinion on this...

Every expansion has good and bad things. But in EveryONE expansion, the changes are for the best. Blizz listen to the pple(costumers) demands, and all this years we are playing this game, they did a hell of a job! The important thing that should have a game, is to be full/complete. To give the opportunity to all players, play like the like. Hardcorers, questjunkies, farmers, etc.
    More money for Blizz, and more joy for us.
    One is for sure. The game evolves, WE are part of it, and to be honest if I must compare the 1st(vanilla) with the last(MOP), the 1st had much wasting of time(allot of w8ting) and the last expansion is much more friendly and complete, so we can play without losing our real life.

The next thing I expect, is to see WOW2 with better engine, for better quality.
    Ty Blizz.

(sry for my bad English, hope u understood me ;P)

Greetings from Greece

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing around 2-3 months into the Burning Crusade. So for how classic was i have realy no clue. In my opinion the best World of Warcraft expansion is the current one MoP. Sady i have realy not enough time at the moment to do everything the expansions offers cause there are so many things to do :x
    Character(s): Velestra || Guild(s): Untotenschutzverein - MM || Sig by Lorfine

MoP is brilliant but Wrath only just pulls ahead for me even if ToC was a pile of garbage. The Ulduar patch was the best time I've ever had in the game.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

All the other expansions were great, but BC was my favorite for a lot of reasons. I loved Outland and the whole alien feel it had. Hellfire Peninsula looked really epic the first time I stepped through the portal and saw it. Zones were beautifully designed, dungeons/raids were fun, and I just feel like Blizz did pretty much everything right with BC. Not many games have been able to really suck me in like BC did when it first came out. I enjoyed all the other expansions (can't comment on MoP because I haven't played it yet aside from firing up the 10-day trial thingie), but I had more fun during TBC than I had in any other expansion.

Also, my guild was at its strongest in BC, and most of my best in-game friends (particularly some I haven't heard from in years) were still playing regularly, so there's that too. That guild doesn't exist anymore, but I was in it from early BC all the way through the end of Cataclysm. I liked Cataclysm well enough, but I think I got tired of it faster than I did any of the others.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-03-27 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This topic again For me it always will be Burning Crusade because i started back then, everything was new for me etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath and Mist are my favorites do to there story and questing they both felt connected in terms of zones each one flowing into the next almost perfectly.Now worst expansion for me,Cataclysm the only good thing that came out of cataclysm was basically Worgen(only male) and the goblin race(excellent job on these)
    Burning Crusade eh it was fun at the time.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

The Burning Crusade by miles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla is not an expansion!

In other news, Wrath of the Lich King is the best expansion.
    Statix will suffice.

I have to say MoP, Throne of Thunder is probably the most enjoyable raid thus far in my opinion.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Wrath of the Lich King, best expansion by far in my opinion. It offered us the best content we've seen so far (aside from ToC, but Ulduar more than makes up for that!). We had huge systems innovations, the first post-release class added to the game, some of the best PvP the game has ever seen, and not only good, but very creative content with an amazing backdrop.

And naturally, if I had to point just one thing out. Anything, any one thing anywhere in the game that I can point to and say "JUST LOOK AT IT!" I of course would only be able to point to one thing.

Ulduar

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Wow this thread topic again? I have to ask how many times have you personally started this same topic sandmoth12? They need to take away your thread starting privileges cause you just make some of the worst. On topic TBC will win as it has every month since Wrath came out.

Deleted
    Clearly MoP. I've had more fun doing challenge modes over the past few months than I had doing anything else in any other expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    man these things pop up like every other week haha.

well for me personally BC was the greatest time period followed closely by vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Wow this thread topic again? I have to ask how many times have you personally started this same topic sandmoth12? They need to take away your thread starting privileges cause you just make some of the worst. On topic TBC will win as it has every month since Wrath came out.
    Considering MoP and Wrath are both beating it currently...

PROJECTED OUTCOME DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    It's third right now. Seems that some of the nostalgia is fading or just being pushed into darkness by WotLK and MoP kings .

But whatever seriously.. I agree about the pointless of these topics every week ( you wish it was every month ... ).

I'd say to me mop. I have played since vanilla but I mostly enjoy playing mop then I did over all the other expansions. TBC..full of TOO much elitism...wrath I thought was too casual...cataclysm to much elitism again...I think mop struck it just right. I think the next expansion is going to be the best to be honest. Take TBC style expac, add in everything they have learned since design wise and well have one hell of an expansion.