Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it worth buying a toy for 160$?

There's a LEGO set in my local toy shop with a very distinct, large setup, that includes a minifigure of Darth Malgus, a minifigure I've been longing for. He is primarily the reason I am seeking to buy the set, but it is 160$ total...is it worth it?
    Last edited by Salandrin; 2013-03-25 at 05:57 AM.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    There's a LEGO set in my local toy shop with a very distinct, large setup, that includes a minifigure of Darth Malgus, a minifigure I've been longing for. He is primarily the reason I am seeking to buy the set, but it is 150$ total...is it worth it?
    i would say yes legos are always worth it. but then again im partially biased towards legos.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-03-25 at 05:55 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    IMO, if it means something important to you and you'd get more interest or use out of it than "Well that was nice" and goes in the closet never to be seen again, then yes I would say it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varakai View Post
    IMO, if it means something important to you and you'd get more interest or use out of it than "Well that was nice" and goes in the closet never to be seen again, then yes I would say it's worth it.
    I used to collect Star Wars figurines when I was a little kid. And back then, I was a very destructive person, and I'd always smash up my toys when playing with them. 12 years later, I still like them, but now I simply plan to build the models and display them on my desk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You had me at Lego. Where do I buy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Only you can decide if it's worth that for you, duhh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Only you can decide if it's worth that for you, duhh.
    Pretty much this. But personally I would say; "Legos?! Say no more, OF COURSE IT IS!"

Remember, some people spend $85,000+ on "toys" Such as a Dode Viper.. You could make the argument that it is a car and not really a "toy". But then again, Do you really need to spend 85 grand on a car? Not really, therefore I would classify the purchase as a "toy". So compared to that, $160 is pretty trivial.
    Last edited by Violent; 2013-03-25 at 06:06 AM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I think you should give that $160 to me.

Eeyup.

(seriously if your budget allows for it go for it)
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

There is the Fury Interceptor that Lego sells directly online for $90 that also comes with a Darth Malgus Mini-figure you might want to look into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think you should give that $160 to me.

Eeyup.

(seriously if your budget allows for it go for it)
    Or you could just give me $60 for the new Simcity. =O
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Or you could just give me $60 for the new Simcity. =O
    or op could borrow it to me so i can afford some nice bose noise cancelling headphones or a new motherboard.
    but yeah if you want it op go for it but make sure to shop around a little first to make sure you arent getting ripped off/overcharged.
    160$ for a lego set sounds suspiciously high.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-03-25 at 06:38 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

If you're struggling to pay bills at all, no. If you're saving up for something, no. If you've got a lot of disposable money, then yea. Personally, I wouldn't, even if I had more than enough money. I don't like superfluous crap like that.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had much more money than I have now, I would have an entire room dedicated to Lego's and only Lego's.

So, if you can afford it and you want it, just do it.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

I haven't played with Legos in years, but oh, the memories.

Just ask yourself what's the opportunity cost of spending $160. If you can part with it, go ahead. Lego sets are collectibles that may be worth something later on, too, if that helps.

Maybe you should make less threads and do more thinking about your own questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Maybe you should make less threads and do more thinking about your own questions.
    what does that have to do with him wanting a second opinion on a lego set?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what does that have to do with him wanting a second opinion on a lego set?
    It has to do with him "wanting a second opinion" on 10 topics a day.

Inb4 mods infracts this for derailing/spam/made up excuse.

Deleted
    It's only worth as much as you're willing to pay for it.

It's not the sort of toy that will hold its price or appreciate in price, so it's up to you.

Shit I just bought it.

I feel so giddy, but guilty at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Shit I just bought it.

I feel so giddy, but guilty at the same time.
    why would you be feeling guilty? dont tell me you used money you were supposed to use for something important to buy it. not a good idea if you did.