Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Horridon 10 Man Normal

My guild is having a bit of trouble with 10m Horridon. We are all fairly geared (Between 490-500 ilvl) and can normally progress quickly and efficiently. However, we seem to be struggling a lot with Horridon and have a feeling it might be partly due to our priest healer, Hozzertroz. I don't have any logs to link (no on in the group runs them), but I do have a video that may help. This was our best attempt so far, and our second attempt in the last phase.

Priest in question

Wipe Video

Kinda OT, but any tips for Hpals/Horridon would be helpful

Edit: I realized the video quality is low. First time uploading to YouTube so I might've done something wrong.
    Last edited by Mojibake; 2013-03-25 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Deleted
    Well, at a glance i can see that that priest miss enchants on wrists and chest.
    And he hs no reforging done?
    If this is a thing that is normal in your guild i suggest you start by changing that.

Else i need more info:
    2/3 healing?
    What tanks you have?
    Do all healers dispell shit on cooldown?
    How far you usually get before wiping?

Well, that could definitely be part of the reason... They have three unenchanted items (shoulders, chest and wrists) plus they have reforged NOTHING... someone needs to get that priest into like... Cata, wth. Also, those two int gems could probably be better spent as int+spirit gems lol... ilvl is a bit... low too, there's almost no reason not to have atleast 483 items in near every slot, easy 20 charms a week = 20 extra rolls.

Edit: and you can't see shit in that video, whoever recorded it messed up something, its so squished together you can't make out a damn thing.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2013-03-25 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Well, at a glance i can see that that priest miss enchants on wrists and chest.
    If this is a thing that is normal in your guild i suggest you start by changing that.

Else i need more info:
    2/3 healing?
    What tanks you have?
    Do all healers dispell shit on cooldown?
    How far you usually get before wiping?

Healing: 3 Healing - Paladin, Druid, Priest (Snöwwdin, Teddiebear, Hozzertroz)

Tanks: Druid and Warrior (Wormwood, Scoobydru)

Dispels: On cooldown, even have our monk dps dispelling. Our druid can't dispel on the third door though.

How Far: We usually get to the 3rd door before wiping. Before tonight we only got to the second door before wiping.
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Deleted
    im on my way to the hospital atm
    Ill have a look at the people in your guild and maybe have some ideas when im back.
    Can you also name the dps dudes you have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by immoralsoul View Post
    Well, that could definitely be part of the reason... They have three unenchanted items (shoulders, chest and wrists) plus they have reforged NOTHING... someone needs to get that priest into like... Cata, wth. Also, those two int gems could probably be better spent as int+spirit gems lol... ilvl is a bit... low too, there's almost no reason not to have atleast 483 items in near every slot, easy 20 charms a week = 20 extra rolls.

Edit: and you can't see shit in that video, whoever recorded it messed up something, its so squished together you can't make out a damn thing.

Yeahhh I realized that after I uploaded it. He's hardly ever on outside of raiding, so I don't see much reason to keep him around if he won't put in the effort with his gear as well as put effort in while he's raiding. Im a 492 Hpal and I outheal him consistently by quite a lot.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 07:40 AM ----------

im on my way to the hospital atm
    Ill have a look at the people in your guild and maybe have some ideas when im back.
    Can you also name the dps dudes you have?
    DPS: Decay, Kaffee, Pandjob, Faralyn, Gooßer

Apart from the things already mentioned about your priest, I don't really think this is a healing problem. You have a 3-Heal Setup from what I can see in your video. Therefore, this should be easy to heal for you. However, you are not stacked properly in the last phase (Hunter standing on the other side etc) which makes it harder for your heals to deal with the incoming damage. Usually, I would also recommend to have the priest switch to disc, but due to his questionable char, this is most likely not an option for you.
    In order to perform better, have your people stack where possible; increase focus damage on the adds and have people run out of the camp when they get charged.

FYI: Your video blacks out a bit on Door #2 but it seems like you guys got out okay. It's hard to read anything stat-wise or the raid frames due to the wonky resolution so I can only provide limit analysis.

I think your healer friend is wasting his mana on Holy Word: Sanctuary. It's not as helpful in 10-mans and probably even less effective on Horridon since people have to move out of a stack point often (e.g. Sand Traps, Poison pools, frost orbs, totems). It's an expensive spell and from the look of the video, few people stand in it for a long enough time to be worth casting it. He's better off staying in Sanctuary mode but casting any other spell such as more COH, POH, or POM.

His reforging is also kind of suspicious... because he has none. Refer him to Derevk'a write up on haste breakpoints so he can put more rating points into mastery if he's past some threshold. HPriest mastery is all free healing! http://talesofapriest.com/resources/haste-breakpoints/

And lastly, tell him to not be cheap and finish enchanting his gear. =) If you guys are getting close and still wiping, that extra 1% from 3 more enchants could be a game changer. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruk View Post
    Apart from the things already mentioned about your priest, I don't really think this is a healing problem. You have a 3-Heal Setup from what I can see in your video. Therefore, this should be easy to heal for you. However, you are not stacked properly in the last phase (Hunter standing on the other side etc) which makes it harder for your heals to deal with the incoming damage. Usually, I would also recommend to have the priest switch to disc, but due to his questionable char, this is most likely not an option for you.
    In order to perform better, have your people stack where possible; increase focus damage on the adds and have people run out of the camp when they get charged.
    Yeah, that's one thing I was thinking about. I'll make sure I bring it up next time. Our hunter is the GM so it made me chuckle when you brought it up, but yeah more organization would help.

Watch Blood Legion's heroic kill video and adopt their positioning; it makes for a far cleaner fight.

You wiped because your tank died. Tanks need a cooldown on them at all times during that last phase. Triple Puncture can line up with a melee swing and instagib tanks, plus everything just hits extremely hard. Make it there with a battle rez, and chain external CDs on your tanks. The video you posted is the wrong aspect ratio and low res, so I can't tell what you used.

As far as the priest, he likes to walk around for no reason and waste globals doing nothing. His hps didn't look super low, but he could be playing better. Also, not sure why he's Holy. Disc just seems way better for most fights this tier. Spirit Shell+G Heal spam on your tanks once per minute in that phase is amazing. Disc can also contribute heavily to DPS.

As a pally, you can BoP the tank debuff to enable faster swaps or longer holds. You can also interrupt and stun things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will look up their video, squirl. Thanks. Also, I appreciate the other suggestions and notes. The video is in 1080 now, not sure if that would help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Our druid can't dispel on the third door though.
    You are wrong here . If your druid takes symbiosis from Paladin, s/he will get the disease removal from the paladin.

Also if you have any pala of any sort, you can use the full damage immunity bubble (can't remember the name) to reset puncture stacks if the second tank needs to take Horridon, but he still has stacks (make sure that /cancelaura is handy). Tank wargod on top of Horridon, the extra cleaves are worth it. Outside triple puncture you can dodge Horridon's melee attacks, so if you have good passive avoidance on your tanks, it helps a ton.

Our logs and video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    You are wrong here . If your druid takes symbiosis from Paladin, s/he will get the disease removal from the paladin.
    I completely forgot about that lol. Our druid tank always symbs me for Consecrate.

the effusions on door 2 need to die faster. you let a couple of venom bolt volleys get off. it also doesn't seem that your priest friend is using prayer of mending alot. didn't see it jump around a lot.

like the rest said, CDs need to be chained for the last phase, also there's no incoming raid damage. paladin hammer of electricity and holy word: shiny stuff on floor should be stacked on the tanks. but honestly holy word: shiny stuff on floor is really quite bad for this fight. there are better uses of mana imo.

if you wanna see a priest pov video, youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5o_iwVPvg it's our 2nd week's kill. but i'm disc, so might not be that relevant to your holy friend.

cheers.
    Last edited by fooman; 2013-03-25 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely forgot about that lol. Our druid tank always symbs me for Consecrate.
    I would usually take consecration from my co-tank as well, but I found that getting the Ice trap from hunter is beneficial ^^. If you combine ice trap+vortex+typhoon, you can keep the adds under control and together. But it is matter of personal choice. I can tell you that we did the disease door with just the druid taking symbiosis from paladin for disease removal... So one main dispeller on door 3, plus the prot. helpig out.

I would suggest is would your druid(s) speak with people and decide which symbiosis is better for the rest. I usually take mine off from our tank, when someone else needs his . We don't have any healing priests, so I don't know what is your doing so wrong... What U'm trying to say is, that they should (if they are not already) think of other people as well.

But if you are not, you should assign one healer for Horridon tank. And that healer stays on the person tanking Horridon. Less confusion. Also call out when your tanks are swapping Horridon bit later or earlier or when they are out of CD. That could help prevent lot of meaningless deaths (we sometimes forget to do that (my co-tank is my BF, so we communicate tank stuff w/o mumble)). And well if the healer who was assigned to tank healing is better on a certain door, they can switch mid raid.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-03-25 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Ok here goes!
    Healers:
    Priest - Needs enchants and reforging.
    Druid - Needs to farm a better weapon, and if he is to lazy he should atleast enchant the one he has.
    Paladin - Needs to use the blacksmith sockets, why dont you have those?

Tanks:
    Warrior - Seems ok
    Druid - Needs the get the legendary gem. And this is tricky, but as far as i know Druid tanks shall go for loads of crit, not mastery, so they can keep savage defence up as much as possible.

DPS:
    Death Knight - Seems ok
    Mage - Seems ok
    Monk - Seems ok
    Hunter - Seems ok
    Rouge - Seems ok

So it looks like the healers and one of the tanks needs to read up on the classes or stop slacking

You have the extact same healing setup my guild have, but our priest is disco.
    I suggest your priest go disco also, that way he can prevent alot of incomming damage and also add quite alot of dps.
    Our priest had 60k dps thanks the the huge damage boost you get towards the end of the fight.

We also used bloodlust at the 3rd door, as this is by far the hardest part of the fight.
    If you get past that and just learn how to deal with gate 4 its a kill.

I will look up their video, squirl. Thanks. Also, I appreciate the other suggestions and notes. The video is in 1080 now, not sure if that would help.
    Most of the obvious things have been covered as far as I can see. Based on your priests complete lack of reforging and about half his enchants, I kind of suspect he's not really a dedicated raider. I'm not saying he has to be online playing all the time, but keeping your gear up to date and at least somewhat optimized for raiding just comes with the territory. It's going to sound harsh, but if he can't be bothered to put that minimal amount of effort into his character, you may want to consider replacing him.

For the second door, try to impress on your dps the importance of getting interrupts off on the venom bolts. The longer those are delayed, the easier it is to get through that phase. Healing requirements, as I'm sure you've noticed, go way up once those start. As a way to conserve mana, don't start dispelling until all the effusions and priests are dead. Just blow some healing cd's like tranquility, spirit shell or avenger to get through so you aren't draining yourself too badly.

For you as a paladin, a few suggestions you might try.
    - run clemency instead of unbreakable spirit for this one. First, you can double hand of salvation which can be a huge help for the tanks picking up adds off healers and dps, which will also save a lot of unnecessary damage. Also, you can clear triple puncture off of the tanks at least twice and up to 4 times during the fight. (You can do this during double-swipe without the boss hitting someone else if you immediately clear HoP with freedom or tell the tank its coming so he can cancel it right away). 2x hand of sacrifice is nice too, but be careful when you use it because triple puncture can leave you hurting pretty bad.
    - I actually like Holy Prism over LH on this fight. Most of the time people are just too spread out and moving too often for LH to really be effective. Prism is grea burst healing on multiple targets, range is not generally an issue, and you have the bonus of being able to use it as an instant single-heal if you need to burst a tank up quickly.
    - Fist of justice is nice on this fight since a lot of the minor adds can be stunned, reducing incoming damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid - Needs to farm a better weapon, and if he is to lazy he should atleast enchant the one he has.
    Paladin - Needs to use the blacksmith sockets, why dont you have those?

We also used bloodlust at the 3rd door, as this is by far the hardest part of the fight.
    If you get past that and just learn how to deal with gate 4 its a kill.
    Druid: I didn't even notice he didn't have a weapon enchant x.x

Paladin: I don't have the blacksmith sockets because my Blacksmithing is 445 so I can only do 416 or lower items till 550.

Thanks for the BL tip, It seems reasonable so ill bring it up.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    It's going to sound harsh, but if he can't be bothered to put that minimal amount of effort into his character, you may want to consider replacing him....

For the second door, try to impress on your dps the importance of getting interrupts off on the venom bolts. The longer those are delayed, the easier it is to get through that phase. Healing requirements, as I'm sure you've noticed, go way up once those start. As a way to conserve mana, don't start dispelling until all the effusions and priests are dead. Just blow some healing cd's like tranquility, spirit shell or avenger to get through so you aren't draining yourself too badly.

For you as a paladin, a few suggestions you might try.
    - run clemency instead of unbreakable spirit for this one. First, you can double hand of salvation which can be a huge help for the tanks picking up adds off healers and dps, which will also save a lot of unnecessary damage. Also, you can clear triple puncture off of the tanks at least twice and up to 4 times during the fight. (You can do this during double-swipe without the boss hitting someone else if you immediately clear HoP with freedom or tell the tank its coming so he can cancel it right away). 2x hand of sacrifice is nice too, but be careful when you use it because triple puncture can leave you hurting pretty bad.
    - I actually like Holy Prism over LH on this fight. Most of the time people are just too spread out and moving too often for LH to really be effective. Prism is grea burst healing on multiple targets, range is not generally an issue, and you have the bonus of being able to use it as an instant single-heal if you need to burst a tank up quickly.
    - Fist of justice is nice on this fight since a lot of the minor adds can be stunned, reducing incoming damage
    Yeah, We're already considering replacing him, but I just wanted an outside opinion to make sure we were in the right.

For the second door we have our DK and our rogue doing interrupts the best they can. We can usually make it with just a few volleys going off, so i'll have to stress that a bit more. I usually only dispel people who are getting low on health before the rest of the effusions and stuff die.

Clemency: I'll try it again, I used to use it but went to US because I was using LoH a lot. Now that I know a bit more, I'll switch and see how it does

Holy Prism: Good suggestion, I'll try it

FoJ: I'll try it as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Assign a designated interrupted for the Venom priests. You can pre-mark those before you pull (they are visible in the audience seats of the arena. And assign one to each. Make sure that they always interrupt their targets. If they are not good with tab targeting/target switching/interrupting when needed, then make sure they won't target switch. Effusions come from the pools, so make sure that your interrupters know what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Assign a designated interrupted for the Venom priests. You can pre-mark those before you pull (they are visible in the audience seats of the arena. And assign one to each. Make sure that they always interrupt their targets. If they are not good with tab targeting/target switching/interrupting when needed, then make sure they won't target switch. Effusions come from the pools, so make sure that your interrupters know what they are doing.
    I'll make sure to do that. Also, to your previous post, I'm assigned to focus tank healing (Heal Horridon tank/Beacon off tank) and we have the other two healers focusing on raid healing. Next week we're going to try replacing the priest with a resto shaman with slightly less gear to see if it works out any better for us.