Poll: What do you think about the case?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    My argument is that these people decided (wrongly) it would be better to shaft someone to cover their own asses. It has nothing to do with being misogynist at all.
    And in this case that "someone" is a raped girl.

Stop making everything out to be Everyone vs. Victimized Women (as you do with almost every thread) because thats clearly not the case here.
    It's like you say write one sentence and then immediately forgot what you only just said.

In norway the boy wud get a lolipop and the girl would be sent to jail.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Proves how much you actually know the Norwegian justice system.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Anyone can have any sort of personal experience.

Doesn't change the fact that the school's action in this actual, documented case is despicable.
    But the schools actions were overturned by the Court...

The guy hasn't gotten away completely free, he has pleaded guilty to the Rape, and so will be dealt with by the Justice System while she has been awarded a sum of money from a law suit. What you're going off was the initial situation, that yes, could be seen as a national issue where women are blamed, but I doubt there are any statistics to back up your claims, because they're not true.

Eventually the right thing was done, the school failed to safeguard the child and provide support. I doubt the Headmaster of the school is sat back enjoying their coffee. It is far more likely they're being hounded to improve policies at the school and ensure better standards of care.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 08:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Before anyone takes this comment seriously, this wouldn't happen.

In terms of people covering their own asses, it doesn't really matter what happened. Whether it be a plane crash killing hundreds or Bernie Madoff stealing billions of other people's retirement funds what really matters is that said people are immoral for trying to pull that kind of BS and the jury/judge letting them off with such light punishment.

Let me reiterate: It has nothing to do with misogyny.

It's like you say write one sentence and then immediately forgot what you only just said.
    No, its more like in every thread, you take the slightest news of some female getting shafted and representing it like its the worst misogyny in the world. You need to take off the man-hating femi-nazi glasses.

I'm not saying what they're doing is right. I'm saying your assertion that their actions as clear misogyny is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    But the schools actions were overturned by the Court...
    Yes, my point is that the school was wrong. Yurano seems intent on defending it as "they were doing stuff that makes sense, it was just a 'slip up'!"

What you're going off was the initial situation, that yes, could be seen as a national issue where women are blamed, but I doubt there are any statistics to back up your claims, because they're not true.
    I'm not calling it a national issue. I'm simply stating the obvious: the systematic, deliberate failings of the staff in this case indicates that the school district's administration has an issue.

Should have sued the teachers/individuals instead. Bet she would have gotten more then to.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i think she should have gotten at least 10 times that. thats atrocious.
    ^

Raped twice, accused of lying, expelled for a year, repeated harassment?

Wow, that boy deserves to die, and this girl deserves at LEAST a million.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    No, its more like in every thread, you take the slightest news of some female getting shafted and representing it like its the worst misogyny in the world.
    I'm sure that happens a lot in your imagination. Like when you jumped on me talking about rape supporters in this thread and pretended I'm talking about the school?

I'm not saying what they're doing is right.
    You come across as defending their actions and making excuses for them.

I'm saying your assertion that their actions as clear misogyny is wrong.
    If you can't see why deliberately punishing and silencing a rape victim is misogynistic then okay.

Deleted
    It's impossible for us to know whether the school acted well/poorly given the evidence they had. It's a good thing we don't decide the court outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    It's impossible for us to know whether the school acted well/poorly given the evidence they had.
    Girl reports rape.
    School defies the law and suppress the report.
    Teachers intimidate the girl into recanting.
    School punishes girl.

Yes, its impossible to know

You seem to be a huge male hater from all of your posts.
    Sure, what happened was wrong but you attack men so much.

Yes, my point is that the school was wrong. Yurano seems intent on defending it as "they were doing stuff that makes sense, it was just a 'slip up'!"
    Okay, but I partly agree. It was a serious slip up, something that should be worked on, but I wouldn't go as far as to say "they were doing staff that makes sense".

I'm not calling it a national issue. I'm simply stating the obvious: the systematic, deliberate failings of the staff in this case indicates that the school district's administration has an issue.
    Which I am more then sure will be investigated.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Wow, that boy deserves to die,
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    and this girl deserves at LEAST a million.
    Disagree. Why should the school lose money, funding for other students and equipments because of some failings. Ruining part of the education of others is hardly a good way to handle this...

They got off cheap, the girl should have gotten a better lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    You seem to be a huge male hater from all of your posts.
    So where are all these "male hater" posts I've supposedly written?

At the time of the school punishing her, it probably seemed fair to them. False rape accusations can seriously hurt someone.

The only thing I'd say is the school should have waited until after the testing that confirmed she was raped before judging her on her accusations towards this boy. The school assumed she was lying about being raped and punished her, without evidence.

I'm a fan of irony, I think the school should write the girl a letter of apology, and rather than just paying her a flat sum, should fund all her post high school education plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Why would you sue the school? Do you also sue the mayor if you get raped in the street? This is just as dumb as suing the school because of a bully, as seen in the thread which was created a few days ago.

Victim or not, you should take your pathetic privileges and blames away from your closest target. Do you like it when a person treats you like shit because someone else angered said person, and makes you pay for it just because you're a close and easy target?

Inb4 feminists piling on me for defending rape, even though what I said has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-03-25 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Why would you sue the school? Do you also sue the mayor if you get raped in the street?
    If the mayor locked you up for being raped, you probably would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Why would you sue the school? Do you also sue the mayor if you get raped in the street? This is just as dumb as suing the school because of a bully, as seen in the thread which was created a few days ago.
    Did you even read the thread? The school said she was lying, and expelled her and gave her no help and let the rape, assaults continue.

This happened in America, of course there's a giant lawsuit against the school district. Folks here will sue a store for a stubbed toe or spilled drink.

Lawsuits. Lawsuits everywhere.

In this case the girl's got a case, what they did to her was terrible, and my votes show as such regarding what I think. I'm not going to jump on the pity party bandwagon and cry misogyny, though, since that solves nothing except feeding complexes. Now, if they can show a pattern of doing this to multiple female students, and not a single male student, then a charge of misogyny wouldn't look silly and would have merit.

I mean, it's not like idiot school officials have ever been unfair to boys, right?