Thread: Warbringers ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Well said i dont give a ... about meter reports etc WARRIORS rule this game we can do almost everything

10+ Year Old Account
    The scarabs ability is beautiful for a DPS warrior. So much free health from them.
    20% health regained after every time you hit cleave. UNF.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I've made so many 'enemies' on my server because I keep soloing these. Honestly though, a group of 4 should be able to handle these easily if you're paying attention to the mechanics. A few things to note -

• Kite the warbringer away from the vengeful spirits. These things hit hard even on a tank - allowing them to whack on DPS/Healers is a guarateed way to die.
    • Break/Avoid as many fears as you can. Deathknights have it easier here, but a lot of classes have things they can do about this (it's not interruptable, but you can use Tremor Totem and the like). If you can't avoid or break the fear, pop a defensive CD before horrific visage is succesfully cast.
    • Drop AoE when scarabs spawn. These don't affect tanks much, but can harass healers quite well.
    • Be very careful to keep the warbringer near his spawn area, even when kiting him - he has a very short leash.
    • If you can, kill the pterrorwing and any warscout before you pull. I realize this isn't always possible, as competition on some realms is fierce, but killing these first prevents accidentally pulling them and adding more damage into the mix.
    • If your realm is high population, try to find a friend on a low pop server and CRZ to their realm. Many realms have little to no competition for these spawns, while others have all spawn sites camped at all hours.

Hope this helps.
    Just a quick note, you can drag him all over, I have never seen him leash as long as you are in constant combat. If you are feared and do no dmg to him then he bugs out and leashes quickly. I have solod many of these and the only way to do it on my pvp realm is to take him far far away from spawn. Otherwise ally will just gank me out of a kill.

You can drag him pretty much anywhere as long as you stay dmg'ing him. Which is another reason I dont even try to solo ones with fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my 478 ilvl DK alt they are perfectly solable
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    currently 32 kills (16ish solo), seen 4 mount drops, have/won stale and amber.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Just a quick note, you can drag him all over, I have never seen him leash as long as you are in constant combat. If you are feared and do no dmg to him then he bugs out and leashes quickly. I have solod many of these and the only way to do it on my pvp realm is to take him far far away from spawn. Otherwise ally will just gank me out of a kill.

You can drag him pretty much anywhere as long as you stay dmg'ing him. Which is another reason I dont even try to solo ones with fear.
    They hotfixed it a few days ago. They now have a very short leash - had several reset on me last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    They hotfixed it a few days ago. They now have a very short leash - had several reset on me last night.
    I solo'd one about 3 hours ago, no leashing.

Deleted
    I've killed about 70 and I've only seen one Jade drop.

I can solo kite it as a rougue all u need to do is run in a straight line then if you need to change direction when it casts somthing fear is the only prob if your unlucky

Man, I have issues with those guys. I constantly get feared and then crushed and I can't seem to recover from that.

Is there a strat, because my human racial is not enough to keep me alive to solo these.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Man, I have issues with those guys. I constantly get feared and then crushed and I can't seem to recover from that.

Is there a strat, because my human racial is not enough to keep me alive to solo these.
    Ok, you're a human... what class? Armory link? It really depends on your class and what cooldowns you have available.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

I heard these help.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=92787/ho...-of-conquering

I concluded either I level a DK, or wait until next expansion to get the mounts. I'm happy to camp them for hours, but getting someone else prepared to help me camp from midnight to 7am.. yeah not happening.

Gotta love how people were soloing them on certain specs/classes... so instead of nerfing them so that everyone had a chance to solo them if they were prepared to camp for them, they decided to buff them making it annoyingly hard for anyone to solo (except DKs ofc).

The taunt/anti grief nerf made sense, but the rest was just stupid as certain specs are still soloing them.

Oh and the whole "btw guys rare mobs are now a shared loot tag except lol jk we lied these ones dont QQ moar get in their group or get nothing" thing is what makes these mobs so damn annoying to me... no big suprise that people started griefing when they saw they weren't shared tags; one step forward, two steps back.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-03-26 at 03:41 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    Oh and the whole "btw guys rare mobs are now a shared loot tag except lol jk we lied these ones dont QQ moar get in their group or get nothing" thing is what makes these mobs so damn annoying to me... no big suprise that people started griefing when they saw they weren't shared tags; one step forward, two steps back.
    IMHO these Warbringers brought out the worst in what is sometimes a fairly toxic community.

They are appropriately named indeed.

Soloable as a Fire Mage if you stagger Blink and Blazing Speed

Soloing them is pretty easy as a tank , especially as blood dks , pop AMS and the fear wont affect you !
    but its harder to solo as any class / tanks on a pvp server .Imagine getting to to 3% and then a group of hordies come out of nowhere and gank your butt!!.
    In addition ,Warbringer gonna go down way slower than when you have 1 tank 3 dps and 1 healer
    PS: Many classes can take care of themselves for such events like this you just need to know your class well and have the gear to bypass some stuff
    Last edited by Raeion; 2013-03-26 at 07:11 AM.
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

I duo these, me and another person both being shadow priests.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Very easy to kite even after the "fix" as a hunter. We have so many of good skills/talents for this. Glyph of pathfinder and cheetah for kiting, glyph of disengage for when you close to warbringer. Pet on passive. Warbringer stop every 10sec or so to cast his 2-3sec spells, so normaly you will never be in melee range. The best place to solo in my opinion is Kun Lai and Dread Wastes.
    Indeed and townlong is pretty easy as well.
    For me its Dreadwaste>townlong>Kun lai, last one is just annoying because of all the tiny mobs that are around when your kiting (hawks, porcupines etc)
    personally i let my pet attack the war bringer still does some damage and makes it more likely that the fear gets cast on them seeing they are the only ones in range at that point.

Deleted
    Should made it faction tagg and allow the mount to be personal roll. Ofc the tokens and shit should still dropp from the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Soloable as a Fire Mage if you stagger Blink and Blazing Speed
    Was just wondering about being able to do it on my main, who is a fire mage. Is blink and blazing speed enough to... never get hit, basically? I would assume a few hits are enough to kill us.