Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Base 65% resil and healers in pvp.

With the pvp change I started to wonder. Pvp power is rapidly becoming the "Advantage" stat that players will gain from pvp gear.

Now with regard to healers. They are no longer forced to stack resil to survive with the 65% base, and as they only gain 50% of power as healing from pvp power (and usually focus on keeping allies alive rather than killing enemies), what is going to be the incentive for healers to get pvp gear? Wouldn't pve gear loaded with healing power be more attractive?

That is a good question, though I suspect that they will change the formula for healing gained via PvP power (if they haven't yet announced this or implemented it via PTR, that is).

10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't said how they are going to handle healers so just chill and wait for the blog. I am sure something as big as this wouldn't fly over blizzards head.
    Aye mate

Well, pve gear will be normalized in serious pvp anyway (bgs/rbgs/arena) so pvp power will be great there.
    now on the other hand, tier sets may be good for healers, i dunno their 2p/4p's

We haven't seen all the changes yet.

April Fools.
    Removal of resi on pvp gear? Base resi of 65%? Scaling down ilvl to a maximum of 496 in all pvp settings? (Except world pvp)

If this is true, then they are pretty much re structuring pvp completely, dumbing it down from what you can speculate. And for those saying 'they haven't announced all the changes yet' - why would you release only certain notes on things that are certain to look unfavourable and dumbed down.

And to top if off, the blog being released 'next week' (April fools week may I add) which is going to explain everything?
    Nahhh, watch this space.

If it isn't a joke, I just can't see why Bliz release patch
    Notes the way they do.

Deleted
    Another question, what about tanks? They gain NOTHING except resilience from PVP gear. So, more stam + base resilience and set bonus's will make them, and healers, completely gods in pvp. Kinda sucks tbh.

Also, blizzard have never released an april fools before april first, it has always been on april 1.

Healers do not get ANY damage bonus from pvp power so they won't be able to kill you after 5.3 hits unless you are really bad. That's 65% less damage they can do to you... not that they can do much as it is. I'd say this is a good change for the dps out there. You can just relentlessly attack the healer until they oom and die because they wont be able to retaliate effectively. You will be able to penetrate their defenses but not vice versa. This is made even worse by the fact that everyone and their grandmother can heal now. So unless blizzard changes something this is how it is going to be...

5.3 DPS > HEALS.
    Last edited by Yaraza; 2013-03-25 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PureGenius View Post
    April Fools.
    Removal of resi on pvp gear? Base resi of 65%? Scaling down ilvl to a maximum of 496 in all pvp settings? (Except world pvp)

If this is true, then they are pretty much re structuring pvp completely, dumbing it down from what you can speculate. And for those saying 'they haven't announced all the changes yet' - why would you release only certain notes on things that are certain to look unfavourable and dumbed down.

And to top if off, the blog being released 'next week' (April fools week may I add) which is going to explain everything?
    Nahhh, watch this space.

If it isn't a joke, I just can't see why Bliz release patch
    Notes the way they do.
    Public relations, it's one way to create hype and discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Only in world PvP. Battlegrounds and arenas will scale back high-end PvE gear, and although PvP power is a weak stat for healers it's going to be better to have that small bonus than no bonus. On top of that, the PvP set bonuses are really good and I doubt tier bonuses are worth the loss (mitigation & interrupt avoidances are way better than a little throughput). Outside of world PvP it'll pretty much be the same as it is now--healers with access to PvE trinkets will use one but only because the PvP ones are garbage (and they'll be even worse come 5.3).

Quote Originally Posted by Jamma View Post
    Another question, what about tanks? They gain NOTHING except resilience from PVP gear. So, more stam + base resilience and set bonus's will make them, and healers, completely gods in pvp. Kinda sucks tbh.
    They won't have more stamina anywhere that it matters (any instanced PvP) due to gear scaling. They'll just have slightly more health from tank spec passives, but they already have that while in PvP gear. Not sure how 65% resilience will suddenly make healers gods either when any somewhat geared PvPer already has more than that.
    Last edited by asb; 2013-03-25 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Just to clarify my point is NOT that they will be made into gods as we know that pvp power will eat into their defences.

My question is about their incentives to venture into the pvp grind system. If they get given all resilience for free then their main advantage to get pvp gear (survivability in the face of pressure) gets removed from the mix.

PvE gear has a ton of stats to help them heal, pvp gear will have some stats to help them heal. But besides Resil what is there to compel them to choose pvp gear over pve?

Yes pve gear will probably be more attractive to some healers for the simple fact that they will have more offensive stats. I mean, yes, I am sure there are some healers who are content with just spamming heals till they go oom and die when they are being attacked (lol... fun), but others might actually want to be able to fight back.

From what I understood they are going to remove PVP Res from Most of the PVP gear. So you may still be able to gem Resilience. The way I see it this change will make it so no one will be able to get 1 shoted anymore if they lack PVP gear while in the same time their damage will suck until they get some PVP Power. This together with the ilvl scaling in BGs, RBGs and Arenas I think it's a good change. Until the blog comes out we can only speculate. Let's not start QQing until we know for sure what the changes will be.

GC said they are not doing any major PvP changes until end of this expansion, so this might actually be april fools. else there needs to be a lot more changes - increase dmg gained per pvp power for everyone or nerf healing or boost mana cost on heals else things will only get worse.

Guys... the PvE gear will be normalized so you will have the exact same stat allocations as PvP gear EXCEPT PvP gear has unallocated PvP power. So basically if you wanted to heal in PvE gear you would be trading your PvP focused set bonuses AND 50% pvp power bonus for a PvE set bonus. That would be it.

For example Shamans would trade

(2) Set: Your Healing Stream Totem now heals an additional target for 25% of its normal amount.
    (4) Set: Your Ancestral Awakening now has a 50% chance to trigger on non-critical heals.

for

Something along the lines of +20% healing and
    (2) Set: Increases PvP power by 500. (yet to be seen what happens to this)
    (2) Set: Reduces the cooldown of your Grounding Totem ability by 3.0 sec.
    (4) Set: Increases PvP resilience by 1000. (yet to be seen what happens to this)
    (4) Set: When you cast Spiritwalker's Grace, you become immune to Silence and Interrupt effects for 5 sec.

No brainer....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    GC said they are not doing any major PvP changes until end of this expansion, so this might actually be april fools. else there needs to be a lot more changes - increase dmg gained per pvp power for everyone or nerf healing or boost mana cost on heals else things will only get worse.
    Yeah hope so, the timing of this looks suspect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    AND 50% pvp power bonus for a PvE set bonus.
    25% tops. That against wildly varying pve bonuses and much more diverse itemization. So I agree most of the times pvp gear should win. But I can imagine certain circumstances (powerful pve bonuses, stacking of a specific stat) where pve gear would be viable. Also in world pvp/another Wintergrasp/Tolbarad PVE wins.
    Could also imagine last-in-expansion patches where pve weapons/bonuses and trinkets get crazy and pvp gear stagnates.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5951073; 2013-03-25 at 02:23 PM.

I think you're all forgetting that PvE gear is having it's ilevel toned down in PvP.

A heroic raiding item will have the same stats as a tyrannical item, but the tyrannical item will have PvP power (meaning increased healing). There are only some scenarios where raiding gear might be better:
    • PvE gear has more sockets
    • PvE gear has better set bonuses for some classes

Both of these have been recognized by Holinka on his twitter feed, and I imagine with the upcoming blog we'll have answers to what they are planning. They could increase the PvP Resi and Power given on the (2) and (4) set bonuses, and could at the same time make the (2) and (4) spell differences more appealing. And regarding gem sockets, they could only allow PvP gems to be put in PvP gear.

I think holinka tweeted something about giving healers full benefit of pvp power again, but increase the battle fartituge debuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    This won't be the case. PvP Power still offers a substantial benefit to all healing classes.

Holinka announced on his twitter that Blizz are considering buffing the benefit of healing power at the cost of increasing battle fatigue - this means that while there might be a further healing reduction in arenas and RBGS, PvP power will compensate. This will mean that PvP gear will stay at the level it is at while PvE gear will fall behind.
    Thing is, battle fatigue even now isn't really needed. It's catering to bad dps who're trying to solo healers. In 3's two halfway decent DPS can simply power through healing and kill a target anyway (TSG for example). And I wouldn't put it behind Blizzard to not do the whole thing in a sensible way thus people ending up with less healing than before.

Quote Originally Posted by booj View Post
    From what I understood they are going to remove PVP Res from Most of the PVP gear. So you may still be able to gem Resilience. The way I see it this change will make it so no one will be able to get 1 shoted anymore if they lack PVP gear while in the same time their damage will suck until they get some PVP Power. This together with the ilvl scaling in BGs, RBGs and Arenas I think it's a good change. Until the blog comes out we can only speculate. Let's not start QQing until we know for sure what the changes will be.
    PvE Gear has more sockets than PvP gear. If they leave in 320 resilience gems it often would be the best idea to get PvE gear and gem it for resilience. PvP Power is an incredible weak stat for healers and not really desirable, it doesn't even offset the 30% battle fatigue debuff.