Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is no lore even hinting at it...

The sundering split the one land mass on the planet. The Nelves would know of a missing piece of it.

All the lands left unexplored by us have some kind of prior establishment in the lore. There's not one thing pointing to a land mass between EK and Kalimdor
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreek View Post
    Sorry to bust your bubble here, but there is no other side of Azeroth.

1. A Blizz Rep has already stated it a while back. I don't have the link but I do recall reading it.
    "No PvE to PvP server transfers."

Didn't they also say that once?

2. There are holograms in Ulduar, Uldum, Mage quest from 4.2, etc, that depict Azeroth as a spherical planet. There is no other side in these holograms.
    Could you please point to Pandaria on those holograms?

3. Blizz most likely won't pull the, "it was invisible" thing again, as they have used that for multiple occasions. Plus, we are talking about half of an entire planet here.
    Who says people don't know if there's something there? Who says it's hidden?

4. There is no lore even hinting at this.
    Well, it's a good thing lore's never been changed before in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    "No PvE to PvP server transfers."

Didn't they also say that once?
    Could you please point to Pandaria on those holograms?
    Who says people don't know if there's something there? Who says it's hidden?
    Well, it's a good thing lore's never been changed before in this game.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" is a terrible argument... Sure, Pandaria wasn't on the Ulduar globes and it hadn't been seen before, but there was still evidence of its existence thanks to Chen and lore laid down about the homeland of the Pandaren. There's nothing like it for land on the other side of Azeroth. The places we go in WoW have some kind of existence before they existed in game. There may be a time when they open up a continent between EK and Kalimdor, but they will lay ground work for it in the story before we wander on to it blindly, and that will take years. We'll definitely go to Kul-Tiras, Tel'Abim, Undermine, Nazjatar, and all the other "South Sea expansion" locations before that happens, and that could be two or three expansions from now. I think it unlikely to ever happen.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

But during the Sundering, wasn't 80% of the land-mass destroyed?

Prior to the Sundering, there was only one continent on Azeroth, referred to as Kalimdor. In the catastrophic explosion, eighty percent of the land mass was destroyed[2] leaving behind the major continents and scattered islands that are known today: Northrend, Kezan, Pandaria, the Eastern Kingdoms, and the remnant still referred to as Kalimdor.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Great_Sundering

There isn't anything left on the other side, surely?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows? Nobody who's sailed that way has returned.

From holes in the ocean, to mists peeling away. Who knows whats next. I just know I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" is a terrible argument... Sure, Pandaria wasn't on the Ulduar globes and it hadn't been seen before, but there was still evidence of its existence thanks to Chen and lore laid down about the homeland of the Pandaren. There's nothing like it for land on the other side of Azeroth. The places we go in WoW have some kind of existence before they existed in game. There may be a time when they open up a continent between EK and Kalimdor, but they will lay ground work for it in the story before we wander on to it blindly, and that will take years. We'll definitely go to Kul-Tiras, Tel'Abim, Undermine, Nazjatar, and all the other "South Sea expansion" locations before that happens, and that could be two or three expansions from now. I think it unlikely to ever happen.
    I think that's the whole point. You've got this mysterious "other side" that supposedly has nothing on it but ocean. Blizzard could lock themselves in a cupboard and come up with anything to explain it, and I especially love the idea of a floating continent ala Arrested Development.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    I think that's the whole point. You've got this mysterious "other side" that supposedly has nothing on it but ocean. Blizzard could lock themselves in a cupboard and come up with anything to explain it, and I especially love the idea of a floating continent ala Arrested Development.
    The problem would be that it wouldn't fit into Warcraft at that point. People are speculating about new environments and races and monsters and big threats to the planet on the other side. But if they've been on Azeroth the whole time, how could we not know about it? And even if they do exist, they'd be so alien to the franchise, it would just feel out of place. At least pandaren and Pandaria had some kind of back story to them, had been pre-established in the lore. New stuff on the other side is just too far fetched.

Yes, the Sundering did shatter the continent of Azeroth into the continents we know today...

BUT, who says there wasn't a second continent on the other side of the planet that didn't get affected cuz it was so far away from the Well of Eternity?

And even so, there's always the mighty power of retcon... Blizz can retcon the existence of another continent if they want to, no matter what's been said before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    What? I can't get my head around the level of stupidity in this thread. There is no other side, the map we see ingame is just a flattened globe, just like we have flat maps of Earth? Unless there's this whole undiscovered side of Earth we haven't seen yet!

Now before you all gather up, take me to the town square and burn me alive, some proof...

Unless you are all talking about some mass of undiscovered land somewhere on that "globe", wich seems doubtfull.
    If that were the case, then logistically it would make more sense for Darnassian boats that are EK-bound to make port on the eastern side of EK than skirt the Maelstrom and make port in Menethil Harbor.

Just came across this ingame in the Orgrimmar inscription shop. Noticed the globes standing on the table and wanted a closer look. Sorry for the horrible paint image...

Well... If that's what the world currently looks like to the people of Azeroth then it's understandable that ships and zeppelins might wanna go across the Great Sea rather than the Veiled/Forbidding Sea. And look at that huge puddle of water on the other side... Stretches about as far as the distance from western shore of Kalimdor to the eastern shore of the Eastern Kingdoms...

I'm sure we can retcon some landmass in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    If that were the case, then logistically it would make more sense for Darnassian boats that are EK-bound to make port on the eastern side of EK than skirt the Maelstrom and make port in Menethil Harbor.
    I think we can all agree that the globe isn't "other-sideless" because of multiple reasons (ie. nobody ever returns + why wouldn't people travel using that route instead of shimmying around the maelstrom) but it stands to reason that half the planet can't be occupied by water and nothing else. It's like saying, you have the US on one side of the planet, and Europe doesn't exist. That's too big of an area to house absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Unfortunately, in the obvious hidden side of Azeroth should have been located the continent of Pandaria...

But of course, Blizzard once again proved that has no fucking idea of the lore of their own games (as well showed the the red shirt guy on live) and they improvised putting Pandaria on the first site they saw, ignoring that that space was already reserved by other areas longtime...

But anyway... they have the perfect excuse: a cataclysm changed everything of place and destroyed the rest...
    So that's why in game globes in random buildings had a continent right where Pandaria is long before MoP was released?

Ok.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Just came across this ingame in the Orgrimmar inscription shop. Noticed the globes standing on the table and wanted a closer look. Sorry for the horrible paint image...

Well... If that's what the world currently looks like to the people of Azeroth then it's understandable that ships and zeppelins might wanna go across the Great Sea rather than the Veiled/Forbidding Sea. And look at that huge puddle of water on the other side... Stretches about as far as the distance from western shore of Kalimdor to the eastern shore of the Eastern Kingdoms...

I'm sure we can retcon some landmass in there.
    Cartographers can only map out land that they know exists. If no one has ever come back from "the other side" then no one has been around to share knowledge of what exists there.

Chen Stormstout adventured around Azeroth at least as far back as the founding of Durotar, so that's at least an excuse for knowledge of Pandaria before MoP came out.

True, no one has returned yet, so putting something there would be easy, it's just dangerous as all hell and we've yet to send off something better than a simple scouting team. I believe in Blizzard's ability to add content to the game and use the space their world has to offer.

Deleted
    it would be awesome if there were lots of islands and underwater coves/temples, protected by the naga.
    They could make it like a bermuda story, lots of storms and huge waves made various tradeships and fishermen strand and they are being terrorized by 'monsters' in the water.

add some pirates there, some naga's, a bit of azsarah, a tad of neptulon, some titan temple, underwater area's, scattered islands linked together with underwater tunnels, or bridges, horde vs alliance naval battles, etc

voila.

I approve of Alceus' idea, screw the south seas, let's have the other side seas! =P

Besides, I imagine most of the south seas are kinda wrecked or getting sucked closer to the Maelstrom and eventually end up being part of Azshara's underwater kingdom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    it would be awesome if there were lots of islands and underwater coves/temples, protected by the naga.
    They could make it like a bermuda story, lots of storms and huge waves made various tradeships and fishermen strand and they are being terrorized by 'monsters' in the water.

add some pirates there, some naga's, a bit of azsarah, a tad of neptulon, some titan temple, underwater area's, scattered islands linked together with underwater tunnels, or bridges, horde vs alliance naval battles, etc

voila.
    That sounds more like some kind of Maelstrom expansion. Why would the naga be over there and not in Nashj'r or whatever it's called? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Kinda curious to see how Algalon's globe of Azeroth doesn't include stuff that were hidden. It's not like he expected anyone to come in there and see it, so why hide it? Explain, Blizz! ;p
    Of course. It's magic and only shows what the individual viewing the globe knows to exist.

Bam, bullshit reason invented.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Of course. It's magic and only shows what the individual viewing the globe knows to exist.

Bam, bullshit reason invented.
    It's not necessarily bullshit as magic actually exists in Azeroth. :P

Personally, I think we'll see other types of new land, such as Outlandish type stuff, before Blizzard even considers this other side. There is just so many other paths they could take that would be more interesting than the other side. Blizz would also have to really explain some deep lore in order to get it to work. Maybe Argus, Undermine, etc.