Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    Some of those maps are so bad, but from what I can tell it's like all the ocean around the maelstrom can be raised?
    It'll be interesting in how they go about this if/when we have to deal with Azshara her self.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Also, considering the zone Azshara is where the old Kaldorei capital was, on the shores of the Well of Eternity, I would say the land masses of now used to be much closer together, and they drifted apart, rather than just having the central part of Ancient Kalimdor sink.
    wrong. partly.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Zin-Azshari

essentially zin-azshari/modern day nazjatar, was built from the shores of the well of eternity, all the way along the coast of landmass kalimdor. after the sundering, most of zin-azshari was destroyed and sunk into the ocean. the part we see in game azshara is not the same part of zin-azshari that was on the shores of the well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    It'll be interesting in how they go about this if/when we have to deal with Azshara her self.
    If this legion expansion is "otherworldly" ie Outland, then I think we may be able to safely assume we'll stay on Azeroth for a while.
    So legion > azshara > other-side/something-else/whatevertown.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this legion expansion is "otherworldly" ie Outland, then I think we may be able to safely assume we'll stay on Azeroth for a while.
    Ive been saying it for a while now, if they do infact do a Azshara expansion (which will happen), it will be before the legion. Her motives could very well be still intact i.e. Helping out the legion somehow, though that motive could have pretty much changed since shes in legued with N'zoth etc.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-03-31 at 08:07 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I have an issue with the whole "it was there the whole time!" premise of exploration...
    Kalimdor wasn't known until WC3. Pandaria was hidden. Northrend was there and had settlements.

There's no reason another continent or two couldn't be there. Both Kalimdor and Pandaria were mythical lands to most people. Why do you think they would be able to travel east from the EK if they didn't/couldn't travel west?

Plus, the Titan Globe is fairly definitive. There's just ocean there. Unless it's some giant, protected titan landmass (which is technically possible, I guess...) it should show up...
    No, it isn't. It's only as accurate as Blizzard want it to be. Revealing a yet to be visited continent would not be on their to do list.

EJL

There must be an Australia patch coming. Lots of desert, drovers, dingo fences, and kangaroos.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    There must be an Australia patch coming. Lots of desert, drovers, dingo fences, and kangaroos.
    Oh lord spare us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naturally i think we have two expansions at the most before we hit up the Legion again.I based this off of jack shit so who knows what Blizzard has planned.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

15+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion expansion is pretty much confirmed already, and there's no hidden continents on azeroth like many have said already.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Burning Legion expansion is pretty much confirmed already, and there's no hidden continents on azeroth like many have said already.
    The Burning Legion is heavily hinted, especially with Metzen confirming that Turalyon and Alleria are coming back next expansion, but hardly confirmed. As for "no hidden continents", we've already had two (Kalimdor and Pandaria) along with the sunken part of Kalimdor. How are you so sure that there are no more hidden continents?
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    We never had a explored detailed look at the Broken Isles or even more of the underwater areas at all either.
    I think with the Burning Legion exp, I think Blizzard should put as a bonus with the Naga hinting at a Great Flood through Azeroth.
    The Great Flood will change a few zones like the Cataclysm did with the level one to sixty zones as well, but many landscapes will drive into the ocean and never be seen again.
    Just some ideas I'm wanting to share and with the Great Flood some races would have to flee from the zones and some races would take over some areas to and claim the whole zone for their own faction.
    For the Horde!

Can't there easily be an entire landmass that has just been hid by some sort of perception filter to prevent us from seeing it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    confirming that Turalyon and Alleria are coming back next expansion,
    o when was that?

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Neither is there Pandaria if you haven't noticed already. Which by the way, wasn't hidden when that globe would have been created.
    Oh, I got a good explanation for that one.

When all Titan facilities were made, it was when it was a singular landmass known as Kalimdor, before the Sundering and the War of the Ancients.

The globe did obviously update after said events, but who's to say that the powers that cloaked the landmass known as Pandaria wasn't strong enough to evade Titan-based detection? I mean, if it is stemming from the Sha of Pride, which is one of the remnants of Y'sharaaj, wouldn't that make perfect sense why Pandaria is NOT present? Titan powers and technology are fallible, they can be beaten, corrupted, altered (proof exists quite readily in Ulduar alone).

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Can't there easily be an entire landmass that has just been hid by some sort of perception filter to prevent us from seeing it?
    You mean like Pandaria was?
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    You mean like Pandaria was?
    no pandaria was hidden by mists

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    o when was that?
    I think it's safe to say, beyond reasonable doubt, that Blizzard would not include this as a loading screen tip unless they planned to address it in the forthcoming expansion. Otherwise it'll be floating there for FOUR YEARS before it's elaborated upon.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    The Burning Legion is heavily hinted
    But, as you say, not confirmed.

Storywise, having Azshara raise a new continent where the Maelstrom is and deal with her might be better storywise, especially since the BL can be seeded as a secondary plotline. We could also have a Emerald Dream raid or small zone.
    Gamewise, going to a new world might be more interesting as it would allow Blizzard to go wild with design and artistic style.
    Seedwise, the BL has been heavily hinted at. But the Naga have been well rested as well, and cataclysm left some interesting plot threads dangling involving the BattleMaiden, Azshara and Neptulon. and Azshara was seeded in the Cataclysm Xpac as well.

especially with Metzen confirming that Turalyon and Alleria are coming back next expansion
    Don't recall this.

As for "no hidden continents", we've already had two (Kalimdor and Pandaria) along with the sunken part of Kalimdor. How are you so sure that there are no more hidden continents?
    Doesn't even have to be hidden. We've had prophecies of lands rising from the seas - which hints at Azshara. There is an entire ocean which doesn't appear to have been explored as well.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    But, as you say, not confirmed.

Storywise, having Azshara raise a new continent where the Maelstrom is and deal with her might be better storywise, especially since the BL can be seeded as a secondary plotline. We could also have a Emerald Dream raid or small zone.
    If you make the Burning Legion a secondary plotline in an Azshara expansion, you'll run into a Cata problem where the tone is split in too many ways. You could, I guess, ALUDE to BL going-ons, but if you try to mix them together too much it'll end up as a gigantic mess. BL/Azshara worked in the Well books because it fit the story, but now that she and her kind are Nagas/based underwater, it just doesn't fit together properly anymore.

I say, choose one or the other. Don't attempt to mix both.

If you make the Burning Legion a secondary plotline in an Azshara expansion, you'll run into a Cata problem where the tone is split in too many ways. You could, I guess, ALUDE to BL going-ons, but if you try to mix them together too much it'll end up as a gigantic mess. BL/Azshara worked in the Well books because it fit the story, but now that she and her kind are Nagas/based underwater, it just doesn't fit together properly anymore.

I say, choose one or the other. Don't attempt to mix both.
    ive wanted to play as a naga since vanilla wow lol, im all for an azshara exp

Vashj'ir was the best zone in Cata.