Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    There would be a two-tiered system. People would be able to claim Job Seekers just as they do now, turn up once a fortnight, present their job search and receive a deposit in their bank account three days later. The current payment is £52 a week(or around about), but under the new system, the payment would be £40 a fortnight.

Alternatively, people could sign onto Job Seekers Plus, a new system that allows people to earn £70 a week (£140 a fortnight) but they're required to work in their local community for 4 days a week. This would mean them painting fences, cleaning streets, clearing gum of the sidewalk, repainting road layouts, and other tasks that would improve the country, and the visual appeal.
    1. After laying off most of HMRC in addition to the two million or so who are already unemployed you're now going to give them £20 a week to live on? I suppose killing off the population is an unorthodox idea but it could work.

2. Fuck off. If there is work to be done then pay people a proper fucking wage to do it.

Deleted
    Yes it is. Yes it absolutely is ...
    Isn't that what is fucking up the US political system? And by proxy, ours?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Business =/= politics. We already have these people employed in advisory roles in the economic departments. Do notice how they haven't made the miracle changes you have suggested
    Because they're not the policy makers, they're advisors who are often ignored...

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    1. After laying off most of HMRC in addition to the two million or so who are already unemployed you're now going to give them £20 a week to live on? I suppose killing off the population is an unorthodox idea but it could work.

2. Fuck off. If there is work to be done then pay people a proper fucking wage to do it.
    And the alternative is we let them sit around and mooch off the system, right? Yeh, fuck me! Wanting my streets to not look like shit!

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Isn't that what is fucking up the US political system? And by proxy, ours?
    With the right people, who are untouchable by bribes, it would work fine. The U.S. political system is corrupt with bribery hence the issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's really not. A country isn't a for-profit institution, for one thing. For another, you don't get to run a country according to the wishes of the CEO. There's politics, image, etc. Consensuses have to be reached, and the complexities of social policy are far more involved than running a business. On top of all that, countries are financed quite differently from businesses.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The day a country is governed like a company is the day fascism has taken over.

Deleted
    Because they're not the policy makers, they're advisors who are often ignored...

And the alternative is we let them sit around and mooch off the system, right? Yeh, fuck me! Wanting my streets to not look like shit!
    They are advisers that often get ignored? What proof for this do you have, because to me that strikes me as nonsense. Nearly all policy orignates from employed and educated advisors with experience in the applicable field. They wouldn't be paid shit loads of otherwise, and politications aren't arrogant enough to think they know better.

Seriously your opinions lack any proper educated logic or ground, and are at best GCSE politics grade C or something. Please for the love of common sense stop posting.

Issue with that is your ideas don't display what you would call sound finance either...you curbed your single largest income source completely with no real offsets, you are running a charity.

Deleted
    I despise the Daily Mail, and talk with multi-millionares from around the world to come to the views I have. I'm afraid I'm going to place more faith in people with experience in operating businesses that operate at more profitable levels then some Government Departments.
    Thanks for replying. I see you chose to ignore essentially my whole post and picked up on the last sentence which was written with a sarcastic undertone. You will go far in politicss.

Out of interst - Where do you speak with these "multi-millionaires from around the world"? On your yacht in Monaco?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    Thanks for replying. I see you chose to ignore essentially my whole post and picked up on the last sentence which was written with a sarcastic undertone. You will go far in politicss.

Out of interst - Where do you speak with these "multi-millionaires from around the world"? On your yacht in Monaco?
    Smoke Signals from the top of Mount Everest.

Deleted
    Two million people aren't fucking mooching. The smartest thing the Tories have done is convince the idiots of this country that everybody is fucking scrounging. This inevitably leads us to "hurr durr, better get them doing cheap labour instead of actually creating fucking jobs".

Quote Originally Posted by Tauton View Post
    Hyve, page 2 you missed my huge post, i think others replied really fast...
    Feeling like it's being intentionally missed now :P

Two million people aren't fucking mooching. The smartest thing the Tories have done is convince the idiots of this country that everybody is fucking scrounging. This inevitably leads us to "hurr durr, better get them doing cheap labour instead of actually creating fucking jobs".
    I don't believe the Tories have once come out blaming the Immigrants for anything. The only thing I've seen was today, Cameron is begining to curb Immigrant Benefits: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21921089

Deleted
    One of the first things I would do as Prime Minister is to visit all of our Creditors, Loan Providers, the International Monetary Fund & the World Bank and broker a deal that would see our interest rates lowered, and even frozen for the first four years of my term. This gap in repayments would give us time to enact several of our policies, and provide a series of reliefs for people in the U.K! It is important to note, that a lot of my policies and views are based on this action.
    Unfortunately, this is impossible to do.

Your creditors are pension funds, wealth funds, banks, large corporations and individual investors, from all over the world. Their number one goal is to not lose money, number two to earn as much interest from you as possible. It would be impossible for you to broker a deal for lower or frozen interest rates with them, and if you threaten to not pay your rates will just go through the roof.

So your whole starting position is invalid.

The second thing I would do is begin the process of totally restructuring the Taxation System. All Tax would now move to a V.A.T. system. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is an additional tax applied to certain products at the purchase. All Tax would be paid here, and no longer would the Government take their Tax cut directly from your Wage.

If you're earning £45,000 a year, under the new system you would take home every penny (Minus a few contributions perhaps, such as National Insurance), meaning you have more money to spend in your local community. The new tax system would also be a flat figure (Around 20%) meaning that overall the amount of tax people pay is drastically lower then what they do today.
    You're effectively devaluating the £.

Your VAT increase raises prices for both domestically and foreign produced products. But your reduction of income taxes allows employers to pay lower wages, which improves your competitiveness relative to other countries.

The effect is almost the same as if you lower your exchange rate. And what you propose is actually gradually happening within the southern parts of the eurozone. It's not necessarily a bad idea, it will raise economic growth but reduce the standard of living. Of course the economic shock from doing it all at once in the UK will be excruciatingly painful.

The Government would receive a smaller contribution (only marginally) from Taxes, but because of confidence in the market would grow, our credit rating would be restored to AAA allowing us to make even smaller repayments on any nation that refused to give us a interest freeze or suspension.
    Don't count your chickens, before they're hatched.

There would be a two-tiered system.
    I prefer the Danish system, where employees are easy to sack, but employers are obligated to assist them in finding a new job, which includes paying for their re-education if necessary.

Your proposal is good for getting people to find low paying jobs, but not to find jobs for educated professionals.

International Aid would not longer be safeguarded at 0.7% of our GDP which it currently is under the conservatives. We would cut all international aid to 0.0% and retain the 0.7% to fund better health programs, education and support for the sick and elderly.
    A flat 0.7% is insignificant either way, compared to ballooning healthcare and pension costs.

I'd love to know what some of you think about a few of these ideas, and feel free to ask any questions!
    I think you did a lot of thinking, but have poor understanding of economy.

Deleted
    I don't believe the Tories have once come out blaming the Immigrants for anything. The only thing I've seen was today, Cameron is begining to curb Immigrant Benefits: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21921089
    What have immigrants got to do with the unemployed? Unless you're suggesting that every single unemployed person in the country is an immigrant.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:51 PM ----------

With the right people, who are untouchable by bribes, it would work fine. The U.S. political system is corrupt with bribery hence the issues.
    That is impossible, everyone has a price, whether it be money, blackmail or threats to life.

10+ Year Old Account

The second thing I would do is begin the process of totally restructuring the Taxation System. All Tax would now move to a V.A.T. system. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is an additional tax applied to certain products at the purchase. All Tax would be paid here, and no longer would the Government take their Tax cut directly from your Wage.

If you're earning £45,000 a year, under the new system you would take home every penny (Minus a few contributions perhaps, such as National Insurance), meaning you have more money to spend in your local community. The new tax system would also be a flat figure (Around 20%) meaning that overall the amount of tax people pay is drastically lower then what they do today.
    VAT is already at 20% in the UK. I'm not quiet following how you plan to replace the ~£160 billion received from income taxes. You would need to more than double the UK's VAT revenues....without raising the VAT rate? As for freezing interest rates (i.e. defaulting on interest payments), that's a good way to make sure that no one will ever lend money to the UK government which will be troublesome when you need to refinance your huge debts.

What have immigrants got to do with the unemployed? Unless you're suggesting that every single unemployed person in the country is an immigrant.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-the-dole.html

"The migrants, who can claim unemployment, housing and incapacity benefit, are costing taxpayers billions of pounds a year."

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    That is impossible, everyone has a price, whether it be money, blackmail or threats to life.
    Not impossible. Unlikely, sure, but not impossible.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    VAT is already at 20% in the UK. I'm not quiet following how you plan to replace the ~£160 billion received from income taxes. You would need to more than double the UK's VAT revenues....without raising the VAT rate? As for freezing interest rates (i.e. defaulting on interest payments), that's a good way to make sure that no one will ever lend money to the UK government which will be troublesome when you need to refinance your huge debts.
    Think also though about all the cash in hand jobs that all get paid into the system now? Even your drug dealer going to grab a pint, and some Fish 'n' Chips on the way home is paying tax on everything they buy. The whole point is that we're lowering the tax to free up spending. If this then creates more jobs, which is very likely, you've got a saving and closed loop holes. That ~£160 Billion Gap starts to get much smaller, along with other incentives from businesses, the gap almost is completely closed.

Heck, add into that the removal of all MP expenses (£89.4million in 2012), and I'm sure you've got enough saving there to make a good contribution.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-03-25 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    "The migrants, who can claim unemployment, housing and incapacity benefit, are costing taxpayers billions of pounds a year."
    And? The Tories have managed to convince idiots that all the unemployed are scrounging, it's just they can really stick the boot in to unemployed migrants,

Deleted
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-the-dole.html

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 03:04 PM ----------

Not impossible. Unlikely, sure, but not impossible.
    It IS impossible, can you vouch for every single politician? Every politician that was was ever accused of fraud, taking bribes or cheating the system was once personally approved of by their party chairman, what makes you think you can say who will or won't be corrupted?

I would suggest to you that the UK would be a hell of a lot better if we stopped thinking about politics like a fucking prison - right now there's only really two parties "capable" of governing, both have opposing ideologies which essentially mean as soon as one is swapped for the other the opposite is done. Instead we need political parties which are not tied to left or right wing, but instead candidates are experts in areas such as business, economics, education, law, social affairs - using EDUCATED KNOWLEDGE of situations to better seek to address them. Right now what we have are party politicians, doing what serves their voters instead of what suits the country - instead we need EXPERTS in there not tied to any singular political ideology to work out how to balance the thing out.

I would however support you on international aid, it's not right that we're sending billions of pounds in aid to places whereby it's misappropriated or simply put, is not needed. Case in point, we sent £650m in aid to Pakistan last year, a country so corrupt it "didn't know" the world's most wanted man was living in it's borders in a heavily militarised location, a country whereby young girls are shot in the fucking head by Islamic extremists for speaking up about the importance of education for girls, a country whereby a GOVERNMENT MINISTER can offer a $100k reward for the assassination of a foreign citizen. Sorry, when we're facing situations where severely disabled people, indeed, DEAD people are being told they must find a job then that's £650m which is not being spent in the right areas.

What I would be willing to say right here and now, is that if the Government re-wrote the taxation laws of the UK, simplified them, closed all the loopholes & avoidance schemes the deficit would be massively reduced - but ofcourse that would mean that many current government ministers would become very unpopular amongst Tory party donors.

I didn't read the full thread, but what I will say is this, despite everything I've typed above, the UK's problems are somewhat like cancer - there is no silver bullet, no magic pill to cure the issue, just many different things which cure some cancers but others are still untreatable, much like the problems of the UK, some you can do something about, others, well, they'll always be there.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.