Deleted

[Challenge modes] Resto shaman beginner

Hi everyone,

I am going to start challenge modes gold runs with my resto shaman and I came here to gather some tips and tricks from you.

First of all, I am wondering in which direction I should reforge my gear : I think mastery could really shine in challenge mode, don't you think so ? Moreover, I don't know how much spirit should I have : in challenge mode dungeon, I have 6k5 spirit without any buffs. Should I go for an intel flask or spirit flask ? I think we will go for massive pull like 2-3 thrashs packs rather than going slowly and getting the gold 1 or 2 sec before silver. What about gemming ? Full +160 intel or should I catch the +spirit and +mastery bonus ?

Currently, our composition is the following : prot paladin, resto shaman, shadow priest, fury warrior and ???. (Looking for a fifth player.)

Looking forward to hearing you. Thank you.

Deleted
    Same Chaman here We are going to change our healer for challenge mode (silver or gold) : me as rest chaman instead of druid. I have a few question :

1) Is it better to make a haste build rather than mastery build ?

2) What is a good regen (in fight) for challenge mode or minimum regen value ?

3) I run some 3 challenge mode as cham elem with stuff around ilevel arround 470. For range dps, the hit stay, and other value is adjusted. But for healer, is there is a stat that stay (spirit ?). If not, is there some info about stat priority "downgrade" when entering in challenge mode ? How blizzard compute it and is there are some stat priority ?

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by mmoc51e0883dad; 2013-04-01 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    check out some of my resto challenge movies:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=225545

i used full spirit/crit build
    Last edited by mmocf17d6adc2f; 2013-04-01 at 09:23 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have about 6.5k spirit with a flask, the flask is definetly recommended. Also highly recommended is a crit build, with resurgence and crit heals, it will be way better then mastery. You will be ooming yourself hard.

Most important though is to have cheap drinks at the ready, at times where you can drink, drink! and only stop if it's really needed. Don't justify with just half a mana bar if you're drinking, you will regret that later on.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    I used to have about 6.5k spirit with a flask, the flask is definetly recommended. Also highly recommended is a crit build, with resurgence and crit heals, it will be way better then mastery. You will be ooming yourself hard.

Most important though is to have cheap drinks at the ready, at times where you can drink, drink! and only stop if it's really needed. Don't justify with just half a mana bar if you're drinking, you will regret that later on.
    I would never recommend any1 to use a spirit flask (or food for that matter) since its a complete waste of stats, int is still by far our strongest stat so get that instead (especially since its not considered a secondary stat when its a consumable / flask). Go a crit build, it's the best wellrounded spec for all situations.

i'm currently working on a cm set myself, but i'm staying ele for it. one tip that i was given about healing though was to pick up some http://www.wowhead.com/item=89230 for quick regen, along with a cancel aura macro.
    Sig by Populaire

Deleted
    Thanks to all :

Puhree : Nice video (and UI)
    Lana, Miga and Schadow : Thanks for advice.

You are all recommend crit build.

For question 3), I'm trying to understand how Blizzard compute stat when entering in challenge mode and do some test when entering in CM :

- It seem that stat reduction are linear. For level 489 part, all stat are down by around 21,57%. For level 476, stat are reduced by around 11,40%. Of course, 463 stuff level are unchanged.
    - Using trinket capacity seem not affect stat. For example, I use "Heartwarmer Medallion" and regen (out fight) doesn't change.
    - I read that special proc on weapon or trinket affect stat (for example, windsong or jade spirit) but I don't test it.
    - It seem that damaged stuff doesn't affect stat.
    - Water shield regen gain is not disable

Deleted
    In all honesty there are lots of viable builds. The most important thing with CMs is learning which packs are nasty and which aren't. Cooldown usage, particularly as a resto shaman, is vital. You need to know which pulls to use healing tide on, which to use ascendance on etc. That really comes down to practice and watchnig vids.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miga View Post
    I would never recommend any1 to use a spirit flask (or food for that matter) since its a complete waste of stats, int is still by far our strongest stat so get that instead (especially since its not considered a secondary stat when its a consumable / flask). Go a crit build, it's the best wellrounded spec for all situations.
    Hmm, I tried both and for me, spirit flask worked way better, but I can see your point that intellect gives more throughput.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work