Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've done a fairly good job integrating the lore. Even the Draenei backstory had to do with the Burning Legion and Orcs well before they were introduced as a playable race. They weren't just a side-note either. They played a huge part in the fall of the orcs toward demon worship. The Pandaren similarly have lore far preceding the point where they were introduced as a playable race in WoW. The lore in Cataclysm has a huge number of ties going back to Classic.

The Warcraft universe is pretty open really. Things can be pretty silly before they get to a point where I'm like "this really doesn't feel like it belongs". It's definitely not the type of fantasy where you can't get away with some "a wizard did it" moments. Basically, everything that's in WoW belongs there, and they've done a good job of things that are introduced being integrated to the point where it feels like they always technically belonged there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    How can you then say that pandas came out of no where? Chen Stormstout has been mentioned in Lore before, and was even incorporated into Warcraft 3.
    Exactly, one pandaren in the lore doesn't = playable race, it = side lore... maybe a quest or two that mentions pandaren, not an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Exactly, one pandaren in the lore doesn't = playable race, it = side lore... maybe a quest or two that mentions pandaren, not an entire expansion.
    So what would be an acceptable replacement for you? Out of the current lore there is only 2 arcs left, the Emerald Nightmare/N'zoth/Azshara and the continuation of the burning legion where we finally deal with sargeras. And then there was nothing, wow ends there.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Honestly, I don't see anything that doesn't really fit. I mean, it is a magical-epic-steampunk engineering-multi race/planet/dimension-sci-fi universe where warlocks summon demons from the deepest pits of hell to get rid of pests that are attacking their farms and where after defeating some of the worst villains imaginable, people still ask you to kill 10 boars for them.

Everything adds up to the complete experience, imho. Including Haris Pilton and Harrison Jones. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Harrison Jones. Harrison Jones does not belong.
    I thought for sure you were going to say "1-1 / 2-2 losses in WSG and TP".

I like Harrison Jones. >

Pandas didn't come out of nowhere for the love of god, read the god damn lore, before coming with such a statement.
    Actually they did, and we have all read the lore, where did it once justify an whole expansion? Never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    So what would be an acceptable replacement for you? Out of the current lore there is only 2 arcs left, the Emerald Nightmare/N'zoth/Azshara and the continuation of the burning legion where we finally deal with sargeras. And then there was nothing, wow ends there.
    Excuse me, there is someone still sitting on the frozen throne...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I'd rather they expand on already existing lore. If there comes a point where nothing can be thought of, it's time to move on, rather than pull expansions out of thin air.

South Seas expansion, as you mentioned, with Kul Tiras, Nazjatar etc. would have been a perfect setting for the Horde-Alliance war.
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2013-03-25 at 05:08 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Male blood elf warriors
    2. Mass Dispel and shattering throw
    3. Archaeology
    4. Safe Zones on PvP realms
    5. True sight guards
    6. INQUISITION
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    I thought for sure you were going to say "1-1 / 2-2 losses in WSG and TP".
    I thought about it. ^ ^

Excuse me, there is someone still sitting on the frozen throne...
    I doubt they'll be re-visiting that story line again, because as far as everyone is concerned LK is dead(when I say everyone I mean the denizens of azeroth).
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Orcs are space aliens. They've been space aliens since 1994.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    I'd rather they expand on already existing lore. If there comes a point where nothing can be thought of, it's time to move on, rather than pull expansions out of thin air.

South Seas expansion, as you mentioned, with Kul Tiras, Nazjar etc. would have been a perfect setting for the Horde-Alliance war.
    I agree with this guy, WoW has maybe 3 or 4 more expansions they could base off solid, well-known lore. After that it's time to pack up and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But he sat there because they made that lore in WotLK.

Not really for you, but for a lot of people in this thread:
    Why is it okay for Blizzard to make up lore for X, but not for Y?
    Please stop trying to sound objective when it's nothing but MoP-bashing..
    Which to me was never very convincing. The idea of 'oh, the scourge will wipe out all life!' felt like a last minute ass pull because they didn't want to have the Scourge dismantled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But he sat there because they made that lore in WotLK.

Not really for you, but for a lot of people in this thread:
    Why is it okay for Blizzard to make up lore for X, but not for Y?
    Please stop trying to sound objective when it's nothing but MoP-bashing..
    Heard of a red line? Mop wasn't a red line, wotlk was.

I agree with this guy, WoW has maybe 3 or 4 more expansions they could base off solid, well-known lore. After that it's time to pack up and move on.
    With that logic they should have just ended things with WC 2, or never expanded and added new things in wc 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post

South Seas expansion, as you mentioned, with Kul Tiras, Nazjar etc. would have been a perfect setting for the Horde-Alliance war.
    They pretty much concluded that arc in the book, but as far as expanding on existing lore goes, there would be at most 2 expansions. The Azshara/N'zoth story and the ultimate evil of the warcraft universe in Sargeras, where do we go from there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    What do you think - which things in wow dont belong there?

For me its:

1. MoP as a whole expansion - yes, i play MoP, but whole China-like architecture, quests, Npcs , its just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention pandaren race and monks.

2. Netherstorm npcs and whole area in TBC - its like they came from the far future

3. Deathwing as a villain - just does not fit here

Netherstorm is brilliant, My favorite area in wow, and it fits with the whole TBC thing.

MoP I'd agree, not saying its bad to me, but it just is not what I think of when I think of WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 05:11 PM ----------

How can you then say that pandas came out of no where? Chen Stormstout has been mentioned in Lore before, and was even incorporated into Warcraft 3.

Because it was JOKE. it really was. Thats not to say I dislike pandaria as such, but it was a joke, you may as well say tauren space marines are part of SC. Or my little pony is part of D3 lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Because it was JOKE. it really was. Thats not to say I dislike pandaria as such, but it was a joke, you may as well say tauren space marines are part of SC. Or my little pony is part of D3 lore.
    Every time somebody says the Pandaren are a joke without then going on the acknowledge the fact that it was a joke that was so well received by the fans at the time that Blizzard made it a solidified part of Warcraft lore, a kitten explodes.

Like literally, explodes. Kitten blood, all over the walls and ceiling.

You'll probably find more people hating on Draenei than you will Pandas, so probably not the best excuse to make. I think both are retarded. Pandas weren't near important enough to base an entire expansion off of.