Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    That's what I was saying, it counts the highest a single character has gotten on your account(ingame total only, armory is not a real total). Cross faction mounts do not count if you have 150 on ally or horde and a bunch of different ones on the other faction the opposite factions mounts will not go towards a total for your main faction.

I have 203 on my main(horde pally) and on the armory it shows me at 252 because of 49 mounts I have on ally that are different than horde. if for whatever reason I was under 200 horde side all those different mounts I have on ally would not go towards my mains progress on the achievement, not a single ally mount would count that's what i'm saying and what some do not seem to understand. Your armory total is inflated because blizz is too lazy to fix cross faction mounts showing up or even take off unobtainable beta mounts, the only total that counts towards achievements is your ingame(statistics) total on the character with the most mounts.
    no if your main is horde alliance mounts still count, just not the ones that arent unique. most mounts are unique only a few arent. like i have the queldorei steed so if i log on a horde toon it will turn into a sunreaver hawkstrider so the sunreaver hawkstrider doesnt count, however if i buy a stormwind horse on my alliance it doesnt turn into a wolf on my horde so if i go and buy a wolf it will count.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 06:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Everyone cheers this, yet whenever someone asks for a 10 90s achievement it's all "lol the no life get a life nerd"
    leveling up entire characters isnt quite the same as spending gold on a mount. at most the average person will only need two characters to get this achievement 1 horde 1 alliance which most people have

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Speak for yourselves, stop speaking for everyone. Especially since many of us greatly enjoy these new models and are excited for the new mounts.
    yeah i quite like the new mounts, the blades are awesome
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    leveling up entire characters isnt quite the same as spending gold on a mount. at most the average person will only need two characters to get this achievement 1 horde 1 alliance which most people have[COLOR="red"]

And at most the average person will only need 1-2 mounts, yet these achievements exist.

I'm absolutely in love with these Dragonhawks.

The textures are updated and beautiful - The armor looks cool - It's a throwback to the 100 achievement - And I absolutely love Dragonhawks and have wanted a new armored one for a while now.
    It's something simple that just works.
    I don't know why people would be upset like with the kite.
    (Which I hated.)

I'm really hoping it counts the achievement as "mounts on a single toon" and not the multi-faction garbage going on with the armory right now. If you can use 200 mounts on a toon; You've unlocked it - That's the difficulty.
    If not the achievement is cheesed and has lost it's meaning the moment it's come out because you can wrack up an absurd number with just vendor mounts on both factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am at 170, not sure I can be bothered grinding 30 more mounts.

Shame it is another Dragohawk though :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Speak for yourselves, stop speaking for everyone. Especially since many of us greatly enjoy these new models and are excited for the new mounts.
    Except they are not NEW. Instead are just OLD lazy reskins.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Updated textures with a new mesh for the armour and it looks amazing.

I wouldn't call this lazy.
    If you want an entirely new skeleton, skin and animations you're playing the wrong genre.

It's better than palette swapping a kite for sure.
    I'll be using mine long after it's "common".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Updated textures with a new mesh for the armour and it looks amazing.

I wouldn't call this lazy.
    If you want an entirely new skeleton, skin and animations you're playing the wrong genre.

It's better than palette swapping a kite for sure.
    I'll be using mine long after it's "common".
    I'd like something unique for the 200 mark, to be honest. It's not like the new mounts are bad, it's just that I kind of feel like Blizzard is saying "Hey, you've gone through quite some effort to get all of those mounts, here's a mount we made for you in a few hours time!". So personally, I'm pretty disappointed.
    They probably were too busy on the Faerie Dragon Mount, which I assume will be a Blizzard Store mount.

Although in Blizzard's defense, keep in mind that in the next expansion, getting 200 mounts will be pretty easy for people who are willing to put some time and effort into it, and in the expansion after that, it'll be pretty easy for everyone. So to make a unique skeleton for a mount that will be rather easy to get in 2~3 years time seems like wasted effort to me.
    Blizzard is known to never waste resources (which I why I'm sure we'll see the underwater raid eventually), so that they can focus on more important things. In this case that's probably the Faerie Dragon Mount, which is okay, imo. Even if it's likely to be a store mount (seeing as they are and always will be a company).

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently on the ptr my tauren is surfing on the dragonhawk's head instead of sitting, which in all likelihood is a bug, but if they left that in i would say it might be slightly closer to not being a garbage mount. Also I don't see how this could be a placeholder why wouldn't they just use the old red/blue ones as placeholders instead of changing the color and putting new armor on it, which is different looking than the sunreaver hawk's armor, just not by much.
    Last edited by Starscreamer; 2013-03-30 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    I'd like something unique for the 200 mark, to be honest. It's not like the new mounts are bad, it's just that I kind of feel like Blizzard is saying "Hey, you've gone through quite some effort to get all of those mounts, here's a mount we made for you in a few hours time!". So personally, I'm pretty disappointed.
    They probably were too busy on the Faerie Dragon Mount, which I assume will be a Blizzard Store mount.

Although in Blizzard's defense, keep in mind that in the next expansion, getting 200 mounts will be pretty easy for people who are willing to put some time and effort into it, and in the expansion after that, it'll be pretty easy for everyone. So to make a unique skeleton for a mount that will be rather easy to get in 2~3 years time seems like wasted effort to me.
    Blizzard is known to never waste resources (which I why I'm sure we'll see the underwater raid eventually), so that they can focus on more important things. In this case that's probably the Faerie Dragon Mount, which is okay, imo. Even if it's likely to be a store mount (seeing as they are and always will be a company).
    My reasoning does come from the fact 200 will be extremely easy next expansion; So it doesn't bother me at all we've gotten a Dragonhawk. I think it's a very cute throwback to the original 100 achievement; So it's in good taste.
    They did up the textures on it and the armor looks great - It's also unique between the factions. They're not a colour swap.

If we get new skeletons or something "amazing" I'd rather it come from something like Challenge Modes or long epic quest chains ala Insane/Warlock Green Fire;
    Something not everybody can get by powering through or out leveling - but everybody has access too forever should they choose to try.
    [With of course - A new "super mount" every expansion or few patches to keep something rare to strive for.]

Also - I honestly don't think that drake is going to be Blizzard Store without a few animation changes. It still seems far too much like a generic drake.
    Seems more like an "annual pass" style promotion thing like the charger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    My reasoning does come from the fact 200 will be extremely easy next expansion; So it doesn't bother me at all we've gotten a Dragonhawk. I think it's a very cute throwback to the original 100 achievement; So it's in good taste.
    They did up the textures on it and the armor looks great - It's also unique between the factions. They're not a colour swap.

If we get new skeletons or something "amazing" I'd rather it come from something like Challenge Modes or long epic quest chains ala Insane/Warlock Green Fire;
    Something not everybody can get by powering through or out leveling - but everybody has access too forever should they choose to try.
    [With of course - A new "super mount" every expansion or few patches to keep something rare to strive for.]

Also - I honestly don't think that drake is going to be Blizzard Store without a few animation changes. It still seems far too much like a generic drake.
    Seems more like an "annual pass" style promotion thing like the charger.
    They could've put some more thought into the Alliance version of the mount, though. The red, spiky armor is something I'd expect from Garrosh's Horde. But to have the same thing for the Alliance, but in blue, seems a bit off to me.

As for the Faerie Dragon, I don't see how else this thing would fit into the game, and I don't find the Celestial Steed or the Winged Guardian all the special either animation-wise. At least this thing has a very unique look, and changed colors, which I find pretty cool tbf.

They could've put some more thought into the Alliance version of the mount, though. The red, spiky armor is something I'd expect from Garrosh's Horde. But to have the same thing for the Alliance, but in blue, seems a bit off to me.

As for the Faerie Dragon, I don't see how else this thing would fit into the game, and I don't find the Celestial Steed or the Winged Guardian all the special either animation-wise. At least this thing has a very unique look, and changed colors, which I find pretty cool tbf.
    The armor on the Alliance version is actually quite a bit different than the Horde version;
    And if anything it reminds me of the Alliance War Steed from RBG's - Same style of spikes and everything.
    (I actually like the Alliance one more. Too bad I rarely play Alliance now.)

We'll see where rainbows shows up; At this point it could be anywhere. I'll be getting it no matter what regardless just for how derpy cute it is.

All the mount collection mounts are reskins, not NEW ones. The albino drake was a recolor of the existing drake model. The red/blue dragonhawk was the only available dragonhawk till more were added from the AT and TCG, but the model already existed. The kite was a recolor, obviously. And now we get a second dragonhawk version.

Let's face it, mount collection has never been prioritized as a way to introduce new or special mounts. While the 100-mount dragonhawk was briefly the only dragonhawk mount, that didn't last long. We may look jealously at the pet collectors, but pets are much easier to design and implement than mounts, and the rewards are still mostly recycling existing models.

Sure, I'd love it if mount collecting got new and exclusive rewards the way raiding does. But let's be honest. It never has at any point in the past, and there's no basis for expecting it in the future.

As for the Faerie Dragon, I don't see how else this thing would fit into the game,
    What, now you need lore reasons for a mount to exist? All of the Blizz Store mounts make no sense lore-wise.

Strikes more more of an Alliance theme personally. The Alliance rated battleground mounts have similar looking spikes on the armor like it and gives them a nice vicious look.
    Using bold doesn't make your incorrect statement right.

Re-skin is applying a different color to a model. A model is not the same as a re-skin, it uses different textures and this mount has an obviously updated model that is much more detailed. The only thing this new mount shares is the skeleton of the old dragonhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    All the mount collection mounts are reskins, not NEW ones. The albino drake was a recolor of the existing drake model. The red/blue dragonhawk was the only available dragonhawk till more were added from the AT and TCG, but the model already existed. The kite was a recolor, obviously. And now we get a second dragonhawk version.

Let's face it, mount collection has never been prioritized as a way to introduce new or special mounts. While the 100-mount dragonhawk was briefly the only dragonhawk mount, that didn't last long. We may look jealously at the pet collectors, but pets are much easier to design and implement than mounts, and the rewards are still mostly recycling existing models.

Sure, I'd love it if mount collecting got new and exclusive rewards the way raiding does. But let's be honest. It never has at any point in the past, and there's no basis for expecting it in the future.
    Even if an exact model has been in the game since vanilla, if it's the first time it is available as a mount that makes it new.

Albino drake came out the achievement/wrath lead in patch and was the first dake (first non netherdrake) mount available.
    As you pointed out the dragonhawks were (very) briefly also the only (and first) dragonhawk mount.
    2/3 of the in game achievements (and 1/2) counting the 5.3 addition directly contradict your claim.

i like it, why? because unlike the sunreaver dragonhawk where the armor was literally just a skin that kind of looked like armor they actually added armor onto this mount, and the texture is brand new and the blades are badarse.

i like the mount and considering how many you will need to get this it will be atleast the next expansion before these things become common and by then we should get a new one.

blizz has really been listening to people this expansion when it comes to vanity things. i cant wait to see what the new insane achievement will be like.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

blizz has really been listening to people this expansion when it comes to vanity things. i cant wait to see what the new insane achievement will be like.
    They really are. I like the way Blizzard is taking most things this expac, I quit a few months into Cataclysm because I disliked the way the game was going, so far with Mists I have very few complaints outside of PvP (don't get me started on PvP).
    The original Blue Dragonhawk was my favorite mount for a very long time, and I imagine this new dragonhawk will be my favorite for even longer, I can't wait!

I recently got the Onyxian mount and finished my old Cataclysm raid achivements, I'm now at 192 mounts. I have not actively farmed for mounts in a very long time and now I love it. This mount is not easy to get and will be quite rare for a long time.

yeah it's fkin ugly as sh*t, as expected.

edit: would rather have like a choice for a mount I currently don't have but that is available on rmah or something

I already have 2 Dragonhawks, and I do not want another. Blizzard needs to stop being so predictable, and boring. They have all of these awesome mount models just chilling in the files, but they are too foolish to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Dragonhawk to add to my collection and not use at all.
    They added a ton of new models in MoP, but can't come up with something unique or rare as a reward for collecting 200 mounts ? Collecting 200 is a Feath, yes ofc it get's easier over time, but Blizzard said themselves they wanted people to be able to show others if you managed to get things before others: see FoS for raids, Rare mount rewards which get 1% ...