Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Holy hell, whoever did Y'shaarj's voice work needs a friggin medal. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Aureth View Post
    ...Why would they want to gut Vol'jin? He's one of the good guys? I mean gutting Garrosh is perfectly understandable but why Vol'jin?
    If I got the sentiment correctly, they don't want to benefit the Horde ,new or old, in any way. Some want to kill both leaders of the Horde factions and siege Orgrimmar by themselves because they feel they don't need the Horde rebels. Ironically,the thread was basically a microcosm to what Shaohao said about Pride being the worst of the sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    First, there are no main characters in Game of Thrones. In each book there is a set of characters, no one of them is more meaningfull than the other. Is Daenerys less important, less main character than Ned Stark in the first book? Is Tirion?
    I don't know how many books you have read but the main chars (whos PoV we read) were the same in all books. Only in the last one he changed that a bit and put in supporting chars that got one single chapter (usually headlined not by name but by a description of the person).
    And Dani and Tirion are PoV chars. But, for example, Margaery Tyrell is an important character by her function but not a main character in the books since she doesn't have her own chapters and we don't know much about her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aureth View Post
    ...Why would they want to gut Vol'jin? He's one of the good guys? I mean gutting Garrosh is perfectly understandable but why Vol'jin?
    Because people, including so many on these forums, are hero shooters. They don't care for developed characters and heroic acts, they just want to shoot heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Because people, including so many on these forums, are hero shooters. They don't care for developed characters and heroic acts, they just want to shoot heroes.
    Well, actually i don't like Vol'jin because of his anti-Zalandari stance. In 4.1 they want to unite the troll tribes (whats bad about that?) and this a-hole has to rally Horde and Alliance to attack them. I could understand that he didn't want to join in because the Horde offers him more powerful allies but to walk out on the meeting and then snitch them out was just disgusting for any troll fan and totally destroyed any sympathy i had for his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    In that case, the people of the story forums seems like crazy bigots.
    Well I wouldn't say that, a lot of people are just bitter the Alliance didn't get a fist pumping moment like promised and I can agree to an extent, especially since a lot of our leaders and races didn't get anything this expansion. Here's a link to one of the thread in question.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsamurai View Post
    Well I wouldn't say that, a lot of people are just bitter the Alliance didn't get a fist pumping moment like promised and I can agree to an extent, especially since a lot of our leaders and races didn't get anything this expansion. Here's a link to one of the thread in question.
    I'm a bit worried too. However we don't know the full picture yet and a lot is still missing from the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well, actually i don't like Vol'jin because of his anti-Zalandari stance. In 4.1 they want to unite the troll tribes (whats bad about that?) and this a-hole has to rally Horde and Alliance to attack them. I could understand that he didn't want to join in because the Horde offers him more powerful allies but to walk out on the meeting and then snitch them out was just disgusting for any troll fan and totally destroyed any sympathy i had for his character.
    he had good reason to. Vol'jin clever, since he knew what was said about the uprising of the zandalari and what it would mean in this fragile time. Vol'jin is a troll who believes in Thralls teaching and what it could mean for his own people, so he doesn't want to see troll nations causing strife across azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    IIRC Ned Stark is the only point-of-view character that dies in game of thrones. People always say that so many main chars die but if you think about it, it's just supporting characters that die.
    Keep reading :P

I could list a few others, but people would go "NUUUURGH SPOILER ALERT!!!!!". Hint; If you like a character, he/she is as good as dead.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 08:23 PM ----------

Uniting troll tribes - good idea. Uniting them so that they can go batshit and TAKE OVAH DA WORLD - bad idea.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind that the Zandalari were wrong. Did Vol'jin owe them anything when they clearly were leading the entirety of the troll race astray? It actually appales me how Vol'jin was the only leader against this. Where all the other trolls that arrogant and misguided?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Nevermind that the Zandalari were wrong. Did Vol'jin owe them anything when they clearly were leading the entirety of the troll race astray? It actually appales me how Vol'jin was the only leader against this. Where all the other trolls that arrogant and misguided?
    Vol'jin a hero and so won't carry such a misguided view as to follow bad guys set on doing back things. He recognized the danger and stood against it. He even turned to the alliance for dealing with the problem.

i don't see how the trolls re-uniting was wrong.... i mean, almost everything was their land to begin with. the only other races that have any right to a claim are the pandaren, the tauren, and maybe the night elves since they come from the trolls. furbolgs too obviously. the trolls had every right to try and retake their lands from humans and dwarves and orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't listened to the files, but stuff will go down in Northern Barrens, according to some of the new items.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i don't see how the trolls re-uniting was wrong.... i mean, almost everything was their land to begin with. the only other races that have any right to a claim are the pandaren, the tauren, and maybe the night elves since they come from the trolls. furbolgs too obviously. the trolls had every right to try and retake their lands from humans and dwarves and orcs.
    As I said, re-uniting is fine. But re-uniting to try and take over the world and kill everyone else while worshipping crazy blood-crazed loa gods? Yeah not that fine anymore.

Gotta say, Vol'Jin standing against the Zandalari is an interesting case. I imagine, being European, this case: a few races from space land on our planet in the middle of Europe and become our friends - but only our, not American, not Asian and so on. And then, after some time, Asia, Africa, Americas unite and ask us to join the alliance, since, after all, we are all human. Problem: betraying your new found friends or keeping in touch with your own race? I don't know, if this weird scenario would actually go real, I would pick the "stay with humans" route.

That said, I don't really get the whole praising Vol'Jin that happens sometimes. The dude gave a single quest in a bonus campaign of WotLK, was doing pretty much nothing during the whole Vanilla/BC, proudly stood under the gates of Undercity when Thrall and Sylvanas were doing adult stuff inside, killed a single troll after several years of struggle at the before Cata, got expelled from Orgrimmar for threatening the leader soon after... And now he is somehow important? Lor'Themar had more developement before MoP, and thats saying a lot.

Besides, I really don't like the approach Blizzard is taking with Trolls language. I find it extremly irritating. Like Yoda from the newer versions of Star Wars: in the old trilogy he spoke weirdly a few times, in the newer he is constantly struggling to keep his sentences messed up. Trolls are in civilisation for several years, they might actually learn to speak without saying "brudda", "mon", "mojo" or "voodoo" every two to three words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    Oh they have all the right of the world to do whateva, whateva they want, but they were dumb. as. hell.

That they have a "claim" to the land, doesn't mean that everyone is going to get on all fours and take it. "Shut it down guys, gotsa go!, trolls are back y'all! let's all move to kalimdor!" The other races took those lands by might, and if you have the guns, you have the right.

What the hell does a claim is worth for when you are going against two factions, that are more powerful than you, that are willing to work together to take you out?

The trolls where arrogant to a fault, stupidly so, believing they would win against horde and alliance. It was a dumb move; Vol'jin was the only smart one to know that it just wouldn't end well for the troll races.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, Vol'Jin standing against the Zandalari is an interesting case. I imagine, being European, this case: a few races from space land on our planet in the middle of Europe and become our friends - but only our, not American, not Asian and so on. And then, after some time, Asia, Africa, Americas unite and ask us to join the alliance, since, after all, we are all human. Problem: betraying your new found friends or keeping in touch with your own race? I don't know, if this weird scenario would actually go real, I would pick the "stay with humans" route.

That said, I don't really get the whole praising Vol'Jin that happens sometimes. The dude gave a single quest in a bonus campaign of WotLK, was doing pretty much nothing during the whole Vanilla/BC, proudly stood under the gates of Undercity when Thrall and Sylvanas were doing adult stuff inside, killed a single troll after several years of struggle at the before Cata, got expelled from Orgrimmar for threatening the leader soon after... And now he is somehow important? Lor'Themar had more developement before MoP, and thats saying a lot.

Besides, I really don't like the approach Blizzard is taking with Trolls language. I find it extremly irritating. Like Yoda from the newer versions of Star Wars: in the old trilogy he spoke weirdly a few times, in the newer he is constantly struggling to keep his sentences messed up. Trolls are in civilisation for several years, they might actually learn to speak without saying "brudda", "mon", "mojo" or "voodoo" every two to three words.
    You forget that the Darkspear was the ultimate underdog of trolls, they were litterally KICKED OUT of Stranglethorn and the Gurubashi Empire. Besides, Warcraft trolls have sounded funny ever since they were introduced in Warcraft 2 back in '96.

Oh and civilized doesn't mean wearing tophats and monocles, while sipping tea and going "Pip pip old chum!".

I like that Vol'jin didn't automatically sign on with the Zandalar because frankly, where were they BEFORE Zandalar started sinking and everyone else was in danger?

I DO NOT LIKE however, that Vol'jin hasn't made more of an effort to get them to stop being crazy/evil and join the Horde to help him stop Garrosh.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I like that Vol'jin didn't automatically sign on with the Zandalar because frankly, where were they BEFORE Zandalar started sinking and everyone else was in danger?

I DO NOT LIKE however, that Vol'jin hasn't made more of an effort to get them to stop being crazy/evil and join the Horde to help him stop Garrosh.
    Yeah, Zandalari in the Horde. That would've gone well.

10+ Year Old Account

Nevermind that the Darkspear where actually kicked out of Stranglethorn by their troll "brothers". The horde has been more of a family than the other troll races ever where, so at the point it was a no brainer for Vol'jin.

He didn't need conflict because he didn't had any with Thrall, they where besties. So that Vol'jin became prominent being critical to Garrosh makes perfect sense.

Also, why would their speech patterns conform to the standard of other races?? That's not civilization, that assimilation.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-03-26 at 10:35 PM.