Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Legion is returning, Oh Damn we seen that a mile away.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    calling it now. sha of pride is the one that has infected garrosh. gonna have to rescue green Jesus in SoO.

my fav races teaming up for the rebellion! darkspears! bloodhoofs! rise up!

and wratharion finally becomes an active player, lorewise! shweet!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    That would ruin the game. It trivialises the choice of faction.
    Wouldn't ruin the game at all. It would add very interesting lore to World of Warcraft.

It doesn't mean the Alliance and Horde don't hate eachother or are in someway connected. It simply means because of these events, more races on both sides make decisions which faction is really for them, and which is not. It doesn't mean they will hate eachother any less, or that a war can't start again.

I also, agree with the guy you quoted. I think it's almost 100 percent that cross race selections will be available next expansion. Outside of all the signs this entire expansion, Blizzard is making new models/animations/skins. What better way to make people pay for race transfers then to add new races to both sides.

Where I differ from the guy you quoted. Is I think only certain races will be available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If they kill him it will be a repeat of his story. Thrall dies, his son doesn't know who his father was and only hears story of the amazing things his father did without ever being able to develop a relationship with his dad. Its been done! How about actually allowing the father to raise the son for once.
    amen to that. its aggra that should bite it! shes so boring.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I think it's almost 100 percent that cross race selections will be available next expansion. Outside of all the signs this entire expansion, Blizzard is making new models/animations/skins. What better way to make people pay for race transfers then to add new races to both sides.

Where I differ from the guy you quoted. Is I think only certain races will be available.
    if that happens i already know what im gonna do, have one of each alliance race alts join the horde!!!!! except gnomes. screw gnomes!
    Last edited by Sand Person; 2013-03-26 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    amen to that. its aggra that should bite it! shes so boring.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 05:42 AM ----------

if that happens i already know what im gonna do, have one of each alliance race alts join the horde!!!!! except gnomes. screw gnomes!
    I don't think you will be able to leave your faction. I just think you can choose different races when you make a character on that faction. They added the UI change witrh the Panda. There isn't exactly much room left for more. You will just see more races move onto that cross faction section of the character creation UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I hope so. I hope so. But sound files and Blizz saying they will give all of us reason to hate Garrosh points of opposite. I dont want to Thrall to be killed ! And totally agree with you about his and his sons relations. But who knows It took Anduin 8 years to get 14 years old, personally I dont think that Thralls boy will be next eic character in WoW lore, unless Blizz makes 20-30 year leap ahead for some expansion.
    blizzard do not shy away from killing characters. They've already killed kael'thas, illidan, arthas, deathwing, zul'jin, and the good guys Cairne, Rhonin, lothar, doomhammer.

The problem is, when you kill off so many noted characters in a series, it leaves nothing behind to fill in the holes thats left. I've seen it happen dozens of times in comics and t.v series, they kill of major characters, have them replaced with new characters, and the series doesn't do as well as before.

I like the lorewalker one, but im a sucker for dwarf lore - and its nice to see the dark iron get a hero moment instead of still being painted as psycho shut in ragnoros groupies.

Quote Originally Posted by sykke View Post
    so the 7th sha is the sha of pride

edit: Too slow
    please tell me it's rainbow coloured!
    Humans fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.

If they kill him it will be a repeat of his story. Thrall dies, his son doesn't know who his father was and only hears story of the amazing things his father did without ever being able to develop a relationship with his dad. Its been done! How about actually allowing the father to raise the son for once.
    I agree, but this IS blizzard. Master of retelling the same story many times over with different characters. The fact that he so pointedly mentions "my boy" has me thinking we might actually see thralls death being the atrocity that turns the horde against garrosh.
    It would be sad to see even for a diehard alliance player like myself. But you cant deny it would give you a good reason to want to kick garroshes ass out of durotar.

Anybody ever seen the first Mortal Kombat movie? It would be damn epic imo if after SoO when Garrosh dies or whatever, we celebrate the rebellion's victory and the new Warchief whoever it may be, then Kil'Jaeden appears in some way saying he has come back for our souls! Could be an awesome preperation for a world event in my opinion, we don't need to keep their invasion a surprise anyways because Wrathion warned us about it so many times already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm shit scared of this, but much as I hate the thought, it wouldn't surprised me that metzen makes the mistake of listening to the hate filled bastard community, after they gave Thrall such a transistion of a character, to just kill him, one of the most developed characters in the series.

I am honestly at the stage now I will quit wow if they do this, I mean, it be like them killing a major comic book hero, my favourite one, in a title like the avengers or the x-men, it would have no appeal to me anymore, and I;d lose all faith in the writers.

Indeed I agree with you kinda similar to the mistake when they made Super man died against Doomsday story then the writer regret it and make him come back in another forms and stuff if you remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Indeed I agree with you kinda similar to the mistake when they made Super man died against Doomsday story then the writer regret it and make him come back in another forms and stuff if you remember.
    the difference between comics and this game is that characters in comics may or may not come back, where as in wow, once your dead, you either stay dead or come back as undead. Thats why I take deaths in wow more serious, and for me, killing such an important character as Thrall would be the final straw, after they messed up kael'thas and killed cairne.

I'm shit scared of this, but much as I hate the thought, it wouldn't surprised me that metzen makes the mistake of listening to the hate filled bastard community, after they gave Thrall such a transistion of a character, to just kill him, one of the most developed characters in the series.

I am honestly at the stage now I will quit wow if they do this, I mean, it be like them killing a major comic book hero, my favourite one, in a title like the avengers or the x-men, it would have no appeal to me anymore, and I;d lose all faith in the writers.
    I wouldnt be a great fan of Thralls death either, but if it comes, I guess there is no reason to hate the game for it. The character ran its course. He had been in Warcraft since WIII, he has done many incredible things, culminating in Cataclysm, where he jumped a family of sharks. Clinging into one character forever doesn't mean the story is necessarily good.

Like in Game of Thrones. The list of major characters dead in this book could make another book easily. But every dead character is also a breaking point, an event, that causes other interesting characters to sprout, and keeps the story moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I wouldnt be a great fan of Thralls death either, but if it comes, I guess there is no reason to hate the game for it. The character ran its course. He had been in Warcraft since WIII, he has done many incredible things, culminating in Cataclysm, where he jumped a family of sharks. Clinging into one character forever doesn't mean the story is necessarily good.

Like in Game of Thrones. The list of major characters dead in this book could make another book easily. But every dead character is also a breaking point, an event, that causes other interesting characters to sprout, and keeps the story moving.
    Game of throne was stupid in that any character you may have liked ended up dead, that might be alright for once and once only, but after a very short period of time and realizing all your character you may have liked are now dead makes the series feel hollow and empty.

And people DO develop a like of characters in a series, which is what warcraft is, its a series of games and stories that is still developing, it isn't a once only story, but something you immerse yourself in, and as a result you end up feeling for characters. Thats why people begs for races and leaders to get development all the time, because they feel that strongly about those characters. I am no different, I want to see Thrall develop and survive this, I want to see the orcs pull themselves out of this mess they are in, I want to see the horde band together again and become strong like it use to be.

For me though, to kill of so many characters, and kill of my most favorite character, it would be the final straw, and I'd be convinced they did it for no other reason then to appease the hate filled players who didn't agree with there choices in the last expansion, choices they made because of that same community asking for it.

Deleted
    the difference between comics and this game is that characters in comics may or may not come back, where as in wow, once your dead, you either stay dead or come back as undead. Thats why I take deaths in wow more serious, and for me, killing such an important character as Thrall would be the final straw, after they messed up kael'thas and killed cairne.
    We had a ton of "oops we thought you were dead" moments in Cataclysm and beyond so I really disagree with you here.

If anything wow is worse on ressurections than any comic book.

Game of throne was stupid in that any character you may have liked ended up dead, that might be alright for once and once only, but after a very short period of time and realizing all your character you may have liked are now dead makes the series feel hollow and empty.

And people DO develop a like of characters in a series, which is what warcraft is, its a series of games and stories that is still developing, it isn't a once only story, but something you immerse yourself in, and as a result you end up feeling for characters. Thats why people begs for races and leaders to get development all the time, because they feel that strongly about those characters. I am no different, I want to see Thrall develop and survive this, I want to see the orcs pull themselves out of this mess they are in, I want to see the horde band together again and become strong like it use to be.

For me though, to kill of so many characters, and kill of my most favorite character, it would be the final straw, and I'd be convinced they did it for no other reason then to appease the hate filled players who didn't agree with there choices in the last expansion, choices they made because of that same community asking for it.
    Now thats weird, I thought it's usual to like Game of Thrones No hard feelings, I'm a great fan, but there are different tastes.

I gotta agree, the deaths in the series were very, very shocking and spontaneous. But thats what I've always found great in it. It was not a series about a certain character, it was a series about the whole world. None of the players in the Game of Thrones were "main characters", there were just players in this big game, and whether or not they lost or won at a certain point, the game was still going. Thats what makes the series great for me.

But I gotta ask, do you play WoW only for Thrall? I like the character, or course: he is strong, he is brave, he is wise, he is powerfull. He is pretty much a mix of all good characteristics of a video game character, a classic protagonist. But WoW has shown that the story is not passive and stable. Things are changing constantly, the world gets reshaped, the bosses are dying, mages are being buffed. And some characters simply do not really adapt to this. Thrall is a great example. Since the first time he appeared, he hasn't changed at all. He hasn't really developed anything. Hell, even when they introduced the side quest that was supposed to show the negative emotions tearing Thrall apart, those negative emotions were kinda making the character even more "good". Thrall didn't really give much to the story as a character, appearing rather as an ultimate being during the Dragon Soul.

For me, if the Game is still on, the characters have to adapt to it - or they should get discarded, or yes, killed. And if the Game is not going, well, no character can improve the situation.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I doubt that they'll kill off Thrall, I really do. During Cataclysm, Metzen said that Garrosh was but a part of the Thrall saga.
    They also even stated that Thrall was to be the Warchief again, granted not soon after they quickly said that they might have spoken too soon.

As for the references to A Song of Ice and Fire (Or A Game of Thrones to those who've only seen the show), while I enjoy it as such, the whole idea of constantly killing off the likeable characters gets old - very fast. At a point it stagnates really, to a degree where you find yourself thinking: "Huh, I kinda like this character, that probably means that he/she is as good as dead... Yeah there we go, a gruesome death - never saw that coming yawn".

Also there's the fact that Garrosh simply cannot take on Thrall. Thrall is stronger in every possible way, unless of course Garrosh directly DEVOURS the Heart of Y'shaarj, which I doubt he'd survive. Then there's the fact that *if* Thrall is killed - just about every known NPC or character in the entire franchise (human, orc, troll, dragon, night elf etc) would storm the gates of Orgrimmar, and while the death of Thrall could act as the reason for the overall rebellion, I doubt it. Hell, Thrall befriended and saved Alextrasza and Nozdormu personally, even though they aren't Aspects anymore, I'm still certain that burning down Orgrimmar is within their power.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Now thats weird, I thought it's usual to like Game of Thrones No hard feelings, I'm a great fan, but there are different tastes.

I gotta agree, the deaths in the series were very, very shocking and spontaneous. But thats what I've always found great in it. It was not a series about a certain character, it was a series about the whole world. None of the players in the Game of Thrones were "main characters", there were just players in this big game, and whether or not they lost or won at a certain point, the game was still going. Thats what makes the series great for me.

But I gotta ask, do you play WoW only for Thrall? I like the character, or course: he is strong, he is brave, he is wise, he is powerfull. He is pretty much a mix of all good characteristics of a video game character, a classic protagonist. But WoW has shown that the story is not passive and stable. Things are changing constantly, the world gets reshaped, the bosses are dying, mages are being buffed. And some characters simply do not really adapt to this. Thrall is a great example. Since the first time he appeared, he hasn't changed at all. He hasn't really developed anything. Hell, even when they introduced the side quest that was supposed to show the negative emotions tearing Thrall apart, those negative emotions were kinda making the character even more "good". Thrall didn't really give much to the story as a character, appearing rather as an ultimate being during the Dragon Soul.

For me, if the Game is still on, the characters have to adapt to it - or they should get discarded, or yes, killed. And if the Game is not going, well, no character can improve the situation.
    much like how I use to read comics because certain characters I liked more were in them, like for example with x-men it was wolverine and beast, my two favorite characters. It was nice seeing other character development, and a shock if a character was killed off, but when they began to fan out my favorite characters int other titles, and even sometimes kill them off, it lost appeal for me to carry on reading. I invest in liking a character, and the story just feels like it loses is main bolt or main structural piece without them.

Killing major characters you invest so much time into liking and reading about, only to have them killed off, it also kills the franchise for me. All other character development is needed but for me, without those favorite characters, and killing off for ignorant reasons, it kills the franchise.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I doubt that they'll kill off Thrall, I really do. During Cataclysm, Metzen said that Garrosh was but a part of the Thrall saga.
    They also even stated that Thrall was to be the Warchief again, granted not soon after they quickly said that they might have spoken too soon.

As for the references to A Song of Ice and Fire (Or A Game of Thrones to those who've only seen the show), while I enjoy it as such, the whole idea of constantly killing off the likeable characters gets old - very fast. At a point it stagnates really, to a degree where you find yourself thinking: "Huh, I kinda like this character, that probably means that he/she is as good as dead... Yeah there we go, a gruesome death - never saw that coming yawn".

Also there's the fact that Garrosh simply cannot take on Thrall. Thrall is stronger in every possible way, unless of course Garrosh directly DEVOURS the Heart of Y'shaarj, which I doubt he'd survive. Then there's the fact that *if* Thrall is killed - just about every known NPC or character in the entire franchise (human, orc, troll, dragon, night elf etc) would storm the gates of Orgrimmar, and while the death of Thrall could act as the reason for the overall rebellion, I doubt it. Hell, Thrall befriended and saved Alextrasza and Nozdormu personally, even though they aren't Aspects anymore, I'm still certain that burning down Orgrimmar is within their power.
    And considering we have this impending doom of the legion returning form wrathions own words, having the horde without its shamanistic leader and torn apart would bury it. The horde was only able to stand against the legion before because Thrall brought it together and lead it as one.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    much like how I use to read comics because certain characters I liked more were in them, like for example with x-men it was wolverine and beast, my two favorite characters. It was nice seeing other character development, and a shock if a character was killed off, but when they began to fan out my favorite characters int other titles, and even sometimes kill them off, it lost appeal for me to carry on reading. I invest in liking a character, and the story just feels like it loses is main bolt or main structural piece without them.

Killing major characters you invest so much time into liking and reading about, only to have them killed off, it also kills the franchise for me. All other character development is needed but for me, without those favorite characters, and killing off for ignorant reasons, it kills the franchise.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:48 PM ----------

And considering we have this impending doom of the legion returning form wrathions own words, having the horde without its shamanistic leader and torn apart would bury it. The horde was only able to stand against the legion before because Thrall brought it together and lead it as one.
    There's also the fact that, Sylvanas and Lor'themar will never lead the Horde - don't get me wrong, I like Lor'themar but I don't see him as a warchief. Then there's Vol'jin, he's not the ruler type, he's the advisor, same goes for Baine - and hah Ji and Gallywix? Yeah....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I kinda understand this, but from a different point of view. When I buy comic books, I buy them because of Wolverine. Im entirely not interested in any other characters, just getting the Wolverine ones. Because I love not even the comics, not even the art design, but the character himself. If they permanently killed Wolverine (yeah, that surely happens in comic books, where ressurection is instant cast without mana cost), i wouldn't simply buy any more of those.

In WoW I love the game, not any character in it.