Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlock 5.3 discussion thread

The next patch seems to be coming on the PTR soon, I'll add things as I can get around to it. Feel free to discuss any changes you see in here.

The updated patchnotes for 15th of April: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/913...5_2013#warlock

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlock (Skills / Talent Calculator)

General
    • Dark Intent had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4%.
    • Demonic Gateway cast time has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds, and can now be attacked and killed by enemy players. Each gateway has 100% of the summoning Warlock's health, and 100% of their resilience.
    • Health Funnel now causes the Soulburn portion of the spell to increase healing generated from Health Funnel by 140% instead of instantly restoring 36% health.

Glyphs

Affliction
    • Haunt now refunds a Soul Shard when it is dispelled.

Destruction
    • Fire and Brimstone no longer requires a Burning Ember to cast. Instead, the spell causes Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Curse spells to consume a Burning Ember when cast, and the effect remains active as long as the Warlock has at least 1 Burning Ember remaining.

From the PTR patchnotes again: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/913...2_2013#warlock

Nothing much changed, just the official confirmation of the PvP set bonus re-work.

Item Sets

• Warlock PvP 2-piece set bonus no longer reduces cooldown on Unending Resolve and have been replaced by the former 4-piece set bonus where the Warlock's Twilight Ward absorbs damage from all magical schools.
    • Warlock PvP 4-piece set bonus now increases damage dealt by Agony, Corruption, Doom, Immolate, and Unstable Affliction by 10%.

From the datamining of PTR patch 16888: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...agon-Interview

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

• Demonic Gateway now has a 3 sec cast time, down from 4 sec.

From PTR patch notes May 7th: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/913...7_2013#warlock

• Blood Horror no longer activates from attacks made by pets.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-05-08 at 02:34 PM. Reason: update: 8th May

Deleted
    The apparent change to FnB doesn't smell good. I'm afraid to see the new value !

It's showing FnB'd spells do 0% of their normal damage? Get out the vasaline boys, this will be unpleasant.

I wonder if the new wording in drain soul means we will no longer be getting a full set of shards whenever adds die in raids. (note - pointing to the part that says yields exp or honor). If so, thats really going to hurt the spec a lot.

Deleted
    They are keeping to nerf warlocks when after the first 3 turtlee, in tortos hero fight (i'm chosing this example), mage are at 23milion with one combustion and warlock are at 6/7 milion :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    I wonder if the new wording in drain soul means we will no longer be getting a full set of shards whenever adds die in raids. (note - pointing to the part that says yields exp or honor). If so, thats really going to hurt the spec a lot.
    It wont change a thing, the same wording is used for shadowburn and it still gives burning embers.

10+ Year Old Account
    While reading through these, they mostly seemed like tool tip fixes...

Thumbs up

And it looks like they're bringing in 3rd talent off-spec, I remember when everyone was saying that would never happen. lol

EDIT: Also: http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/141931-s...ap#16650-16758

Does this mean we don't have to macro the ability anymore? That would be amazing since with lag sometimes you accidentally inhale your DoTs off the target
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-03-25 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this may be optimistic.. but i think they're making the soul swap glyph baseline so they can open up a glyph spot for a new glyph that might make affliction more attractive for pvp somehow. [something like dot dmg of ua/corr/agony increased by x% / MG dmg reduced x+1% for ex.].

ok yea that's REALLY optimistic.

LOL another sac nerf, for demo at that! In the last blue post GC said our dps was competitive so I wouldn't expect too much love in that regard, he's to wishing for some quality of life love and plz fix pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard saw two warlocks and 0 Mages on H. Lei Shen. Therefore, that means our robes were too short, and our silk shirts too low cut. I'm getting tired of my class being treated like a nerf object. Ugh.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Blizzard saw two warlocks and 0 Mages on H. Lei Shen. Therefore, that means our robes were too short, and our silk shirts too low cut. I'm getting tired of my class being treated like a nerf object. Ugh.
    If you're going to complain, at least make sure your complaints are accurate please. There was a mage in on the kill.
    Last edited by raleeveet; 2013-03-25 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling is hard.

Deleted
    A demo GOSAC nerf? What even...

I'm fine with demo being "forced" not to use GOSAC, since it's THE pet spec (or was before meta), but unless I've been severely misinformed, GOSAC was already a poor choice without needing a 5% nerf.

Other stuff just looks like tooltip changes thankfully, we've had our fair share of nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raleeveet View Post
    If you're going to complain, at least make sure your complaints are accurate please. There was a mage in on the kill.
    Well whaddya know, there was a goblin Mage in there at the end of the photo. I stand corrected. Still, two to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Very much this. People need to stop going crazy everytime mmo datamines new notes, the ptr isnt even available yet, most of the stuff is tooltip bugs, changes, ect. wait until we can get on the ptr before losing your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing minds are much different than quips and comments. Taking a shot and poking some fun at a trend is hardly lunacy...then again, if fun is banned your country, I stand corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    ....I'm getting tired of my class being treated like a nerf object. Ugh.
    You've either not been playing a warlock very long, or it takes an extremely long time to grind you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    GOSAC was already a poor choice without needing a 5% nerf.
    It wasn't with the crit trinket

but Iam glad they doing it, doesnt make sence to play demo without a "main" pet even thou GoSac demo is all about Imps
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-03-25 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    It wasn't with the crit trinket

but Iam glad they doing it, doesnt make sence to play demo without a "main" pet even thou GoSac demo is all about Imps
    Huh, my bad then - my interest in demo has waned significantly since meta was introduced, MOP brought me to the point where I'd rather start experimenting with destro on the rare occasions I don't play affliction, so my knowledge is rudimentary at best.

If that's the case I really don't mind GOSAC being nerfed to keep it none-viable for demo.