Help me out with Auctioneer

I have been very casual about money in WoW for a long time but I really want to get a Grand Expedition Yak so I am looking to get a little hardcore into auctioning and making money.

I swapped my old auction addon Auctionator for Auctioneer and have been scanning for a little over a week now. It seems very overwhelming now that I am looking into actually using it to make money. Where do I start? How should I be using this to get started? I'm an Alchemist, Flask master and a Blacksmith.

Use the "snatch" function to search for pre-designated prices for specific items.
    Example: You can search for Living Steel that your BS can turn into belt-buckles/weapon chains and possibly sell for a profit.

You would need to know the price of what you can get for a given item, and then search for the item's basic components for cheap. Another easy way to make money would be to see which flasks sell well (as in quantity and price) and search for the materials for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalence View Post
    Use the "snatch" function to search for pre-designated prices for specific items.
    Example: You can search for Living Steel that your BS can turn into belt-buckles/weapon chains and possibly sell for a profit.

You would need to know the price of what you can get for a given item, and then search for the item's basic components for cheap. Another easy way to make money would be to see which flasks sell well (as in quantity and price) and search for the materials for cheap.
    Well like I understand that's what I want to do, I just seem to be having a bit of an issue understanding how to use auctineer to my benefit to do this.

Here's a link to a good starter auctioneer guide, it covers all the useful modules, how to use them, and what things to watch out for.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...use-Gold-Guide

If you want to read more about gold making strategies, the auction house, and share experiences with fellow auction house enthusiasts, the Stormspire is the way to go. http://stormspire.net/content/

When I made my first million, I used TSM (TradeSkillMaster) and Auctionator - which is more or less the same advice you'll find over at the stormspire.
    Auctioneer doesn't really have any great functions you can't find in those two combined.

Do note, that I mostly used Auctionator for "leisure" purposes. Any real goldmaking happens through TSM.

I have to agree that Auctioneer isn't the go-to addon is used to be. Back in TBC, yes, it was awesome, but I think that the combination of TSM and Auctionator is the way to go now.
    Additionally, if you are starting to make money, I would recommend checking WoWuction and Theunderminejournal quite frequently, as you will find some nice bargains there quite often. You might wanna check stormspire for some nice guides and auctionator snatchlists, which could help a lot.

Thanks for the tip. I've been using TSM the last few days and it's very very nice, what I honestly expected Auctioneer to do for me. I am making a bit of gold I'm up 4k in the last day or so but my server is a tad slow. Gems go decently quick but after putting 5 up it will be ~5 hours to sell out, diamonds are even slower. Will take some time but I'm definitely on track. Thanks.