10+ Year Old Account

(Speculation) Sylvanas goes to Pandaria at the end of MoP...

After all the shit goes down in Orgimmar and things start to settle down with the horde and alliance back to their cold war, Sylvanas travels with a small force (or even a group of adventurers) to Pandaria, in secrecy. She goes to the Mogu'shan vaults seeking the power to create stone bodies for the forsaken.

Deleted
    After a long trip, Sylvannas reaches the place where the Thunder King was. Now just a pile of rubble, surrounded by decaying troll corpses.
    Seeing all those corpses made Sylvannas hungry, thinking of the troll ear stew she used to have while being a high elf... ah, those were the days.
    A strange sound caught her attention. She looked around at the corpse of the Thunder King. There seemed to be something inside... no, it couldn't be! The Alliance had replaced him with Bolvar! Just the thought of it filled Sylvannas with rage, and she hit the petrified Bolvar, leaving a crack in the stone. This was not her fight though anymore, she had lived to see the end of... hold on, there was a familiar feeling from this.
    "Wait, didn't I do this once again?" thought Sylvannas and then it hit her! "How can Bolvar be here at the same time as being in Northrend?" she asked herself.
    Returning to the stone, she looked through the cracks and saw Bolvar. He was wearing the crown of the Lich King, the chin of Deathwing, a crystal in his chest from the late prince of the blood elves, he had a glowing fel skull in his hand and a blindfold over his helm, tentacles coming out of his shoulders, Garrosh's axe Gorehowl in his hand, a glowing mallet in his other hand, a staff with a raven on it in one of his tentacles, the glaives of Azzinoth in his feet and a bunch of other stuff Sylvannas couldn't even recognize sitting in his tentacles and on him.

Sylvannas looked at all those relics and thought which to take for her, she could use these to live forever, she wouldn't have to fear of neither the Alliance nor the Horde, she could rule them all. A strange feeling filled her mind as the thought of world domination danced in her rotting brain, it grew larger and larger and then Sylvannas realized it was all a hallucination. Maybe she shouldn't have eaten all the trolls she could munch on her way there. Bolvar was clearly just an illusion from the mushrooms grown on the dead bodies of trolls and with that in mind a strange fear hit Sylvannas! She couldn't get back to the mainland since she just ate and won't be able to swim for 1 hour or she'll get an upset tummy!

Ok, joking aside, it might be an idea, but not sure if Blizzard writers will go that far with the story. Plus, messing around with earth magic doesn't always have the consequences you want, look at Magni, turned to diamond and trapped there singing to the earth. It might be too dangerous for Sylvannas. However, there's another perspective, undead don't feel good emotions so much anymore (except those that still use the Light). So then... sha? In the end, they already can't feel positive emotions and have experience with breaking out of control from another power and being whispered constantly in their minds by the Lich King after being free. What would be the difference? With sha infusion, they'd still have the same range of negative emotions, only they'd be stronger. Unlike orcs or others, they wouldn't need to worry about moral choices since... they never really did. And unlike orcs, they already broke from the control of a power on their own, so why not take the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    After all the shit goes down in Orgimmar and things start to settle down with the horde and alliance back to their cold war, Sylvanas travels with a small force (or even a group of adventurers) to Pandaria, in secrecy. She goes to the Mogu'shan vaults seeking the power to create stone bodies for the forsaken.
    Why stone. Why not one step further. Metal, light absorbing bodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    After a long trip, Sylvannas reaches the place where the Thunder King was. Now just a pile of rubble, surrounded by decaying troll corpses.
    Seeing all those corpses made Sylvannas hungry, thinking of the troll ear stew she used to have while being a high elf... ah, those were the days.
    A strange sound caught her attention. She looked around at the corpse of the Thunder King. There seemed to be something inside... no, it couldn't be! The Alliance had replaced him with Bolvar! Just the thought of it filled Sylvannas with rage, and she hit the petrified Bolvar, leaving a crack in the stone. This was not her fight though anymore, she had lived to see the end of... hold on, there was a familiar feeling from this.
    "Wait, didn't I do this once again?" thought Sylvannas and then it hit her! "How can Bolvar be here at the same time as being in Northrend?" she asked herself.
    Returning to the stone, she looked through the cracks and saw Bolvar. He was wearing the crown of the Lich King, the chin of Deathwing, a crystal in his chest from the late prince of the blood elves, he had a glowing fel skull in his hand and a blindfold over his helm, tentacles coming out of his shoulders, Garrosh's axe Gorehowl in his hand, a glowing mallet in his other hand, a staff with a raven on it in one of his tentacles, the glaives of Azzinoth in his feet and a bunch of other stuff Sylvannas couldn't even recognize sitting in his tentacles and on him.

Sylvannas looked at all those relics and thought which to take for her, she could use these to live forever, she wouldn't have to fear of neither the Alliance nor the Horde, she could rule them all. A strange feeling filled her mind as the thought of world domination danced in her rotting brain, it grew larger and larger and then Sylvannas realized it was all a hallucination. Maybe she shouldn't have eaten all the trolls she could munch on her way there. Bolvar was clearly just an illusion from the mushrooms grown on the dead bodies of trolls and with that in mind a strange fear hit Sylvannas! She couldn't get back to the mainland since she just ate and won't be able to swim for 1 hour or she'll get an upset tummy!

Ok, joking aside, it might be an idea, but not sure if Blizzard writers will go that far with the story. Plus, messing around with earth magic doesn't always have the consequences you want, look at Magni, turned to diamond and trapped there singing to the earth. It might be too dangerous for Sylvannas. However, there's another perspective, undead don't feel good emotions so much anymore (except those that still use the Light). So then... sha? In the end, they already can't feel positive emotions and have experience with breaking out of control from another power and being whispered constantly in their minds by the Lich King after being free. What would be the difference? With sha infusion, they'd still have the same range of negative emotions, only they'd be stronger. Unlike orcs or others, they wouldn't need to worry about moral choices since... they never really did. And unlike orcs, they already broke from the control of a power on their own, so why not take the chance?
    Haha, nice one.
    You made my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account

My goad that made me tear up XD.

About Sha energy, I think it would be unwise, since the lack of good emotions might would make them succumb even quicker to sha complete possession. At least I think so; forsaken to me seem to be the most vulnerable to be overcome by sha energy to me, instead of being the most likely to control it.

Besides, sha power is pretty much irredeemable evil, so it would throw forsaken to that spiral pretty much definitely, without any hope of moral ambiguity what so ever. But it would look cool. as. balls. Can you imagine undercity seeping with sha energy in very nook and cranny? It would look beautiful (but totally evil and in need to be put down quickly)

I think that at least the power of the Mogu isn't necessarily evil in nature as the sha is, and it wouldn't wouldn't send the forsaken allies on a complete tailspin; obviously concerns would be raised, but it wouldn't be worse than using Val'kyr to raise enemy soldiers; since they would be using the essence of their willing citizens.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why stone. Why not one step further. Metal, light absorbing bodies.
    Mmm, they do have the alchemists to try tweaking with things around; but stone seems to be the first step with the known working technology.

Yep, you won the forum.

Dave Kossak already stated that "Sylvannas will be involved with Garrosh's demise"

Deleted
    Thanks all for linking the mini-story I invented

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post

About Sha energy, I think it would be unwise, since the lack of good emotions might would make them succumb even quicker to sha complete possession. At least I think so; forsaken to me seem to be the most vulnerable to be overcome by sha energy to me, instead of being the most likely to control it.

Besides, sha power is pretty much irredeemable evil, so it would throw forsaken to that spiral pretty much definitely, without any hope of moral ambiguity what so ever. But it would look cool. as. balls. Can you imagine undercity seeping with sha energy in very nook and cranny? It would look beautiful (but totally evil and in need to be put down quickly)

I think that at least the power of the Mogu isn't necessarily evil in nature as the sha is, and it wouldn't wouldn't send the forsaken allies on a complete tailspin; obviously concerns would be raised, but it wouldn't be worse than using Val'kyr to raise enemy soldiers; since they would be using the essence of their willing citizens.
    Well I guess it depends in a way though, I see it as this: the orcs were partially in control of the sha, but the motivations of the sha and those of the orcs (stuff like honor, caring for their own race etc) were somewhat in contradiction, so what orcs tried was to control the sha, they tried to impose their own will on the sha. On the other hand, the forsaken don;'t really have these problems. They are not very honorable and many times they don't even care about their own unless it helps them. So in a way their motivations are similar to those of the sha, so they wouldn't need to impose their will on it. I hope you can understand what I mean. That's how I see it at least.

True about mogu power, but I belive there is a chance the mages of both sides might try to either take the secrets for them or destroy them, sort of a Cold War, take what you can and destroy the rest so the other side doesn't know. And this creates another question, would the dwarves want to become stone too again? Why am I bringing this up? Well for forsaken, finding power and growing stronger is a question of survival, but for the dwarves it's a question of uncovering their entire past and making contact with parts of their race lost in time and space, like they did with the Earthen. The dwarves aren't in an amazing place either, especially with internal strife and all, so they might want backup from the earthen.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-03-26 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Dave Kossak already stated that "Sylvannas will be involved with Garrosh's demise"
    I didn't know that meant she was incapable of travel after the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all for linking the mini-story I invented

Well I guess it depends in a way though, I see it as this: the orcs were partially in control of the sha, but the motivations of the sha and those of the orcs (stuff like honor, caring for their own race etc) were somewhat in contradiction, so what orcs tried was to control the sha, they tried to impose their own will on the sha. On the other hand, the forsaken don;'t really have these problems. They are not very honorable and many times they don't even care about their own unless it helps them. So in a way their motivations are similar to those of the sha, so they wouldn't need to impose their will on it. I hope you can understand what I mean. That's how I see it at least.

True about mogu power, but I belive there is a chance the mages of both sides might try to either take the secrets for them or destroy them, sort of a Cold War, take what you can and destroy the rest so the other side doesn't know. And this creates another question, would the dwarves want to become stone too again? Why am I bringing this up? Well for forsaken, finding power and growing stronger is a question of survival, but for the dwarves it's a question of uncovering their entire past and making contact with parts of their race lost in time and space, like they did with the Earthen. The dwarves aren't in an amazing place either, especially with internal strife and all, so they might want backup from the earthen.
    It could really go either way if we only have speculation to go on. Are forsaken more or less vulnerable to sha? It's something that has to be adressed in game to really know. I see your point, the forsaken and sha relationship could be better, even symbiotic since the are in a more simmilar "wavelenght of intent" It's a cool theory. I just personally believe that as the sha magnify as well as being representations of the emotions of the person affected; and the forsaken, being riddled with all these negative emotions, would be primordial soup for sha proliferation. I think they would be more easily taken over if that's the case; in the very least, it would change them profoundly, making them irredeemable evil.

I think the dwarves are far too respectfull to destroy Titan technology out of fear, it would be sinful to them; yet regardless of wanting to become stone again -as you pointed out- they would want to get their hands, and store, such technology, appointing themselves as wardens if they believed other race would do bad use of said technology. Though, this would open an interesting and morally dubious path for dwarven themselves; what if they decided to create earthen for defense purposes? Would that be frowned upon?