Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think he will be captured, and part of a raid encounter in Siege of Orgrimmar is to rescue him.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ronin's death? Super minor character within the game world.
    Do NOT INSULT THE RAPTOR KING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Yes, kill him then resurrect him, cementing the "Green Jesus" moniker.
    I actually like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Thrall is now expendable for one reason: ((((SPOILER FROM THE VIDEO!!!)))) The sound byte says he's got a Son.

It's the "Passing of the torch", "Thrall lives on in his son", "the circle of life" and all that other silly cheap-narrative nonsense.

And I got to admit, if there's one thing that would unite 98% of the Horde to fight Garrosh, that would be killing Thrall.

Man... I HOPE that doesn't mean Metzen will now make Vol'Jin his Marry Sue character since he's seemingly quite popular now.
    Oh god. Mary sue. Whoever steps in to fill the gap of warchief will be branded with it. Because people have to have something to bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I think he'll ultimately succeed in finding Orcs willing to join him, although perhaps not how he plans.

I have a vision of Thrall mucking things up and ending up on the executioners block, with Nazgrim being the executioner. As he swings his ax down however, at the last instant he spins around and cleaves one of Garrosh's goons straight in the chest. Then the whole place erupts in chaos as Orcs loyal to Nazgrim begin freeing other prisoners and are soon joined by Saurfang and Etrigg and fight their way out of the city.
    NOT far fetched. Nazgrim is constantly hinted as playing along with garrosh, only waiting the signal to turn coat.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Thrall dies I'll be shocked but at the time sad. I personally don't want him to die but it doesn't mean I'll be mad about it. Also it seems troubling people want characetrs to die a lot. Calm down folks. Some characters can die but killing off a character for no reason other then angst and spite is bad. If Thrall should die I hope it's in a good way for his character.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the fact Blizz seems to lurk the MMO-Champ general forums for ideas these days, I"d say yeah.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Sadly, it will be Saurfang who dies.
    That's not even a little funny. If he dies, I cries :'(

Im really looking forward to seeing how this plays out but I cannot in any way see them kill Thrall. He is loved by Blizz HQ and there's no way he will die. He may get captured and need to be saved in the Siege of Org but he wont be killed. Although I must admit, that would be an awesome twist if he is in fact killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Oh god. Mary sue. Whoever steps in to fill the gap of warchief will be branded with it. Because people have to have something to bitch about.
    Eh, I consider "Mary Sue" to be a legitimate descriptor if used sparingly.

Whatever the case, I personally hope that the next ruler of the Horde fully earns that position through their actions and isn't just given that post. That they prove themselves worthy of it before other characters expect them to take the big chair. I don't want it to be some arbitrary ruling based on bullshit reasoning, they should deserve the throne if they're going to claim it.

On another note, I expect Thrall to return to lead the Orcs as their racial leader. He ruled them well enough once before and while he has made a few too many missteps and put being Warchief second to his other obligations, I believe he may be able to somewhat redeem himself if he's willing to risk himself to recruit whatever Orcs still remain loyal to him and bring them into the rebellion. In a sense, he has to prove that he's worthy of that remaining loyalty. And if so, he's worthy enough to lead those Orcs who'll follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Eh, I consider "Mary Sue" to be a legitimate descriptor if used sparingly.

Whatever the case, I personally hope that the next ruler of the Horde fully earns that position through their actions and isn't just given that post. That they prove themselves worthy of it before other characters expect them to take the big chair. I don't want it to be some arbitrary ruling based on bullshit reasoning, they should deserve the throne if they're going to claim it.

On another note, I expect Thrall to return to lead the Orcs as their racial leader. He ruled them well enough once before and while he has made a few too many missteps and put being Warchief second to his other obligations, I believe he may be able to somewhat redeem himself if he's willing to risk himself to recruit whatever Orcs still remain loyal to him and bring them into the rebellion. In a sense, he has to prove that he's worthy of that remaining loyalty. And if so, he's worthy enough to lead those Orcs who'll follow.
    First part I disagree. Everything else I believe in. That is of course if Thrall survives.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang's still loitering around with the remaining forces in Northrend

Deleted
    I'm fine with that but if Saurfang jumps to the rescue AND DIES protecting Thrall... Tears, so much tears of rage.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Saurfang's still loitering around with the remaining forces in Northrend
    His mentioned though, so he may have come back at some stage.

Deleted
    thrall will be chained above garrosh's throne, after we kill garrosh, thrall will come down say there must always be a warchief and put on garrosh's shoulders before sitting on the throne.

Metzen likes Thrall to much to let him die...

You really think Metzen will kill Thrall? He will never die, not even of old age. Hes going to ascend to godhood eventually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happened to Alliance story getting the spotlight this expansion?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    First part I disagree. Everything else I believe in. That is of course if Thrall survives.
    The part about "Mary Sue" being a legitimate descriptor? It's a bit overused but it still can apply to certain characters, or rather ways of righting certain characters. I don't believe any real character in WoW is truly a Mary Sue but it's still a useful term if used correctly. And by correctly, I mean for a poorly written character who tends to warp the story and other characters around them for no other purpose but to make them look good. The sort of character all of the other characters love for no identifiable reason at all, can be a complete jackass and get away with it, and often doesn't fit all that well with the setting in which they're placed.

There's more to it than that, but it's basically as I said. It's a legitimate descriptor if utilized properly to describe a certain variety of poor writing in characters. Characters who are often artificially "likeable" and speshul and who pretty much alter the behavior of reality and personalities of other characters to emphasize these traits and how awesome they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Whatever happened to Alliance story getting the spotlight this expansion?
    This is just Horde side of things. There's Alliance stuff to come.

The part about "Mary Sue" being a legitimate descriptor? It's a bit overused but it still can apply to certain characters, or rather ways of righting certain characters. I don't believe any real character in WoW is truly a Mary Sue but it's still a useful term if used correctly. And by correctly, I mean for a poorly written character who tends to warp the story and other characters around them for no other purpose but to make them look good. The sort of character all of the other characters love for no identifiable reason at all, can be a complete jackass and get away with it, and often doesn't fit all that well with the setting in which they're placed.

There's more to it than that, but it's basically as I said. It's a legitimate descriptor if utilized properly to describe a certain variety of poor writing in characters. Characters who are often artificially "likeable" and speshul and who pretty much alter the behavior of reality and personalities of other characters to emphasize these traits and how awesome they are.
    Not to derail but the only person I could think that is *Whispers* Med'an.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to defend myself. It's heresy to mention the name.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    as if any orc in orgrimmar could even come close to thrall to hurt him... I think if he wanted to he could fucking purge orgrimmar by himslef... he just doesn't want to because it's a problem the entire horde must deal with in order for the racial bonds to strengthen... sure he'll help but nothing close to what he can really do... and heck he surely has a plan of action if he goes alone... he prolly knows they won't kill him as soon as he enters .... anyway I am curious to see how it'll all play out

Anyway I think he'll most likely be captured and tortured... maybe thrown into the arena to fight for his life and then the deadly trio(Eitrigg, Saurfang, Nazgrim) come in and save his ass...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-03-26 at 01:29 AM.